Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Mayan Mayhem

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

This be my convertion of Mayan Mayhem. No relation to Errol's work. This one is set during the night, has its 420+ powerups ported too, my general tweaking etc. At first, it was only aimed at BBQ, but I wanted to make a standalone release too as BBQ will take yet more time to be updated.
Download it at Road Reaction: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk

In other news, for those who didn't notice yet: veteran CWA admin Boose uploaded a package of a decade old stuff. Check it out at the CWA. Direct download mirror @ Wasted.

And finally, an event from the doom side of life that I found very inspiring: Bioshock 2 lead level designer JP LeBreton ported a Bioshock level to Doom2... He also wrote a very interesting design analysis of Doom.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It seems to me like playing this track in easy/normal difficulty makes the the game crash when an opponent fall off the track. I'm always playing in hard mode and it never crashed a single time because of this (they respawn).
Can anyone else test that thing as well?

And yes it's dark etc. Night time you see... well no you see nothing... night time! You guys can thank Harm for his approach of night rendering, else it would have been yet darker! :surprised:

... TDR Stuntpark now.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Razor »

This looks tasty, Tosh.
I shall be downloading but I shall be keeping it ready to try with a bunch of other recently released Carma stuff.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Tested some more today, and it really seems like being on hard difficulty prevents the game from crashing!
Damn weird...
juozas
hit n run

Mayan Mayhem

Post by juozas »

Well I tested your map but it seems ok to me :) Though it doesn't seem to crash in any way but who knows.

Dificulty is set to normal and using zeckensack's glide wrapper as the wrapper for Glide.

So the conclusion is that it's working under Glide with several addon cars installed.
Сделано в СССР
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Razor »

This Doom level seems rather interesting.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
hazardic
motorised death

Mayan Mayhem

Post by hazardic »

yep - it's what u have talkin about=) testing right now) i like the sky and some glowing)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Mayan Mayhem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Though I'm sure at some point the track was crashing when opponents fell off the track, really weird stuff... well our usual C2 uh...
hazardic
motorised death

Mayan Mayhem

Post by hazardic »

well - what i can say? great modding! i like implementation of ambient sounds - like crowd, or bird singing, or water sounds in the caves=)) also the work with remaking bonuses is really great - they are totally the same but in 3d! it seems the texture is the same as in the vanilla c1! and of course this light glowing is a good idea - especially in night - i mean textures with light are more bright.
oh and forgot to say - by editing the ped groups on map you made what had been never done in splat pack (i mean stuardesses in the rooms)
a couple of screens
http://img717.imageshack.us/i/carmagedd ... 01003.jpg/
http://img3.imageshack.us/i/carmageddon ... 01003.jpg/

Check who’s online