Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How does one make custom music work in C1/SP/SE(OG Carma games/mods)?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Conut
pedestrian

How does one make custom music work in C1/SP/SE(OG Carma games/mods)?

Post by Conut »

Anyone know any way to get custom music to work? I have all the tracks from "Twisted Metal 2". As much as I like the FF soundtrack, seems like a fun idea and a refreshing change of pace to combine the music from my favorite TM, with my favorite vehicular demolition derby game.

I've tried naming the tracks Track02.ogg through to Track10.ogg, thinking that would maybe do the trick after it (obviously it did not want to play ".mp3") but no dice. Would be great and bring nostalgia in at least 2 ways with two games from around the mid 90's and tracks from all over the place.

Any help would be appreciated. Toshiba 3 already nicely helped me be all set on the Special Edition. Now I just want to get the music I want working and I'll really be kickin' ass!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: How does one make custom music work in C1/SP/SE(OG Carma games/mods)?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Honestly, I'd just disable in-game music playback (by removing winmm.dll if playing via carma95) and play your own music in the background.
Else yes, as Joker said, converting your mp3s to ogg files and replacing the existing ones is the way to go. You can't add more tracks than the 7 or 8 already present by the way, as the game only expects to find these and doesn't scan for more.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online