Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Splat Pack MELD issues??

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
BioHazardRSR
pedestrian

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by BioHazardRSR »

I've been mucking about with the Meld pack for a little bit and have a few issues (so far)..

1; My car randomly slows down?

2; Turbo peds? Huh?? I didn't even run into that powerup..

3; Timer glitch.

Is there any solution to this?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by Breakin'Benny »

To answer the questions;

1. What do you mean?

2. It must be the high FPS.

3. The game was intended for PCs in the pre-2000's, so with high specs and modern machines the FPS is capable of going very high. The timer seems to run according to that!

A solution I have for you is you pick up the cnc-ddraw module, start the game with it in the same directory as the CARM95 executable, then opening up the newly-made ddraw.ini. You should see something like this;

[ddraw]
width=0
height=0
; bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=0
windowed=true
; show window borders in windowed mode
border=true
; use letter- or windowboxing to make a best fit (GDI only!)
boxing=false
; real rendering rate, -1 = screen rate, 0 = unlimited, n = cap
maxfps=0
; vertical synchronization, enable if you get tearing (OpenGL only)
vsync=false
; scaling filter, nearest = sharp, linear = smooth (OpenGL only)
filter=nearest
; mouse sensitivity scaling
adjmouse=false
; manual sensitivity scaling, 0 = disabled, 0.5 = half, 1.0 = normal
sensitivity=0.0
; enable C&C/RA mouse hack
mhack=true
; enable C&C video resize hack, auto = auto-detect game, true = forced, false = disabled (OpenGL only)
vhack=false
; switch between OpenGL (opengl) and software (gdi) renderers, latter supports less features but might be faster depending on the GPU
renderer=gdi
; force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes with RA, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=true
Width and height are for screen resolution, I suggest using that your monitor supports. (I have a Fujitsu Siemens E22W-1 YE7D002441 monitor that supports 1680x1050)
maxfps is apparently the Hz mode usable by your monitor, I'd certainly suggest using something like a maximum of 60 to avoid the timer going VERY fast. You should also make a shortcut to the CARM95.exe and add -hires after the target to enable SVGA High-res mode, it'll look much neater and I guarantee you won't dislike it.

The other settings are up to you, but I do recommend setting the renderer to opengl since it is hardware mode too.
BioHazardRSR
pedestrian

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by BioHazardRSR »

Breakin'Benny wrote:To answer the questions;
  1. What do you mean?

2. It must be the high FPS.

3. The game was intended for PCs in the pre-2000's, so with high specs and modern machines the FPS is capable of going very high. The timer seems to run according to that!

A solution I have for you is you pick up the cnc-ddraw module, start the game with it in the same directory as the CARM95 executable, then opening up the newly-made ddraw.ini. You should see something like this;

[ddraw]
width=0
height=0
; bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=0
windowed=true
; show window borders in windowed mode
border=true
; use letter- or windowboxing to make a best fit (GDI only!)
boxing=false
; real rendering rate, -1 = screen rate, 0 = unlimited, n = cap
maxfps=0
; vertical synchronization, enable if you get tearing (OpenGL only)
vsync=false
; scaling filter, nearest = sharp, linear = smooth (OpenGL only)
filter=nearest
; mouse sensitivity scaling
adjmouse=false
; manual sensitivity scaling, 0 = disabled, 0.5 = half, 1.0 = normal
sensitivity=0.0
; enable C&C/RA mouse hack
mhack=true
; enable C&C video resize hack, auto = auto-detect game, true = forced, false = disabled (OpenGL only)
vhack=false
; switch between OpenGL (opengl) and software (gdi) renderers, latter supports less features but might be faster depending on the GPU
renderer=gdi
; force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes with RA, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=true

Width and height are for screen resolution, I suggest using that your monitor supports. (I have a Fujitsu Siemens E22W-1 YE7D002441 monitor that supports 1680x1050)
maxfps is apparently the Hz mode usable by your monitor, I'd certainly suggest using something like a maximum of 60 to avoid the timer going VERY fast. You should also make a shortcut to the CARM95.exe and add -hires after the target to enable SVGA High-res mode, it'll look much neater and I guarantee you won't dislike it.

The other settings are up to you, but I do recommend setting the renderer to opengl since it is hardware mode too.

Thank you very much for that. :)

What I meant for the first one is..that's it, my car wouldn't go any faster, or maybe its because I had the Suppressor selected but even that shouldn't have been a problem, which was strange to me.

I managed to find a meld that works much better now, I can't remember who its by, but it was in a .7z form and I found it on my hard drive somewhere..

Also do you know if adding cars\opponents would work well with this meld? I've added a bunch to my copy of C1 and was wondering if it'd work just fine with this.

EDIT: Now it crashes after viewing the cars after the race..the fuck?

EDIT 2: I derped on that .bat file thing. D: LOL I'm an idiot..
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I do hope you remembered to IWANTTOFIDDLE'd both CARMA & SPLAT, or it wouldn't work properly. As for adding opponents, you can look in the OPPONENT.txt for the original drivers on how they're set up.

...Also, be sure to edit the number at the beginning of the file if you added more drivers, it's 40 by default.
BioHazardRSR
pedestrian

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by BioHazardRSR »

Breakin'Benny wrote:I do hope you remembered to IWANTTOFIDDLE'd both CARMA & SPLAT, or it wouldn't work properly. As for adding opponents, you can look in the OPPONENT.txt for the original drivers on how they're set up.

...Also, be sure to edit the number at the beginning of the file if you added more drivers, it's 40 by default.

Yeah, I remembered. But now it just crashes after viewing cars after the race..I haven't even added any cars yet.

EDIT: NOW it crashes whenever I feel like changing car if I don't view the cars after the race..I have a feeling this might be a save game issue?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Mmm, strange problem you're having. The so-called Pontipack (Also melded, with custom extras like CARMA2 levels n' cars) seems to work pretty fine, though
BioHazardRSR
pedestrian

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by BioHazardRSR »

Breakin'Benny wrote:Mmm, strange problem you're having. The so-called Pontipack (Also melded, with custom extras like CARMA2 levels n' cars) seems to work pretty fine, though
I'll look that up and give it a try, I'll let you know how that goes. :) I thought it wasn't up anymore but I managed to actually find it.
KevinKC
hit n run

Splat Pack MELD issues??

Post by KevinKC »

I've melded both games and am very excited to play them together because I think splat pack doesn't hold so much on its own but the games break when I try to run a race. Subtext file is corrupted it says in dosbox. I play with the steam version.

Check who’s online