Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 & Splat Pack Meld PACK (win7 x64 compatible)

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

elandyno: copy winmm.dll, libogg-0.dll, libvorbis-0.dll, libvorbisfile-3.dll and the MUSIC folder from the GOG release to the MeldPack directory and it should work.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
elandyno
pedestrian

Post by elandyno »

Now it works with music. Thanks toshiba-3!
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I'm probably gonna have to wait forever for Nobby and/or his co-workers to explain what the reason was to not use the MIDI tunes. Here's a few messages I made:

(April 4, 2014) Me, to shane:

I wanted to ask, what did you fellers have in mind about the Midi music before you went for CD Audio with Iron Maiden n' Fear Factory? It's OK if you weren't very happy with the compositions and decided not to use them, but it'd be neat for a little chat regarding them. I make suggestions on threads regarding what music to use in Reincarnation, like instead of deciding to pay or use other bands' tunes in-game, you'd allow people to make custom playlists with their own OGG, MP3, WAV (whatever encoding), whilst still adding remastered and performed versions of the cut MIDI songs.

http://tcrf.net/images/f/f0/Carmageddon-midis.rar

(April 7, 2014) Me, to Garbarian: I once tried to ask shane about this, but I don't think he was online or there to read the message, so here I go with you this time;

I wanted to ask, what did you fellers have in mind about the MIDI tunes before you went for CD Audio with Iron Maiden n' Fear Factory? It's OK if you weren't very happy with the compositions and decided not to use them, but it'd be neat for a little chat regarding them. I make suggestions on threads regarding what music to use in Reincarnation, like instead of deciding to pay or use other bands' tunes in-game, you'd allow people to make custom playlists with their own OGG, MP3, WAV (whatever encoding), whilst still adding remastered and *possibly* performed versions of the cut MIDI songs.
http://tcrf.net/images/f/f0/Carmageddon-midis.rar

Of course, there was a Music Volume setting in the Sound menu (only for DOS 'CARMA.exe/MAINPROG.exe', the latter being for Interplay's high-octane re-release only) though it does nothing...

(April 8, 2014) Garbarian: Hey there,

The problem is that music is so subjective that whatever we decide, there is always someone who likes/dislikes it.

Also I replied on Steam about this some more, but the good thing with Steam is their new music player. This will enable people to play whatever music they wish for. We just felt that Zero Signal was an integral part of the Reincarnation of Carmageddon.

Midi wise, no further news atm but if anything, it will be in the forums!

Does this help?

(April 8, 2014) Me: Sure, sounds fair enough. I actually looked for a little chat regarding the MIDI songs that went unused back in the first Carmageddon, to never be heard by normal players who don't take interest in the game's content... The Sound Setup however, one can test MIDI playback in that by choosing what soundcard to use.

(April 18, 2014) Me: So, what about it? Is there something you can let out regarding the CARMA 1 MIDI songs, except that they date back to when Carmageddon was simply Death Race 2000?

(April 21, 2014) Garbarian:

No news at the moment.

Focused on getting C:R done atm.

Sorry,

j

(June 26, 2014) Me:

But then again, I could live with only listening to the sound of the environment. Music isn't that important in a videogame unless it's intended for special cues or events, like in Left 4 Dead with the Music Director.

At least you can explain what was on with the MIDI songs that were unused in the original Carmageddon, considering that Music Volume in the DOS-exclusive Sound menu doing nothing at all (at least for me)!

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine
hit n run

Post by Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine »

Yesterday I started a new game with the meld pack with hard difficulty and saved my progress. Now, if I load the savegame the difficulty is on easy. As cool as the idea is with the meld pack, there always seem to be a problem or two with it. I don't want to waste my time on it, so is there a solution? Otherwise I'm just going to play Carma and Splat Pack seperate, at least they work just fine.

Check who’s online