Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Rank 1 auto-upgrades bug?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Lambda
pedestrian

Post by Lambda »

Heya!

Evert time I reach rank 1, all races become available again and when I try to play one, I get the question if I want to upgrade to level 6 (cheat), no. But when playing, all opponents get wasted very quickly.. I barely touch them with any vehicle and they explode.

Now, if I cancel the race and check the upgrades, they still say level 5, but when playing, the game is all broken. Is there a way to fix this?.. or perhaps disable cheats altogether?

Thanks for reading.
HenitoKisou
driver

Post by HenitoKisou »

Lambda wrote:Heya!

Evert time I reach rank 1, all races become available again and when I try to play one, I get the question if I want to upgrade to level 6 (cheat), no. But when playing, all opponents get wasted very quickly.. I barely touch them with any vehicle and they explode.

Now, if I cancel the race and check the upgrades, they still say level 5, but when playing, the game is all broken. Is there a way to fix this?.. or perhaps disable cheats altogether?

Thanks for reading.

It's an old bug since DOS version, if you read FAQ in Carma folder you should get something like that:

*I've beaten the game, but now I seem to waste everyone in a single

hit. It's no fun at all, what's going on?

Well, the most powerful equipment (the 'cheat' equipment you can only buy after winning the game) will do this.

However, there is an intermittent bug that means you will occasionally get this power, even if you don't get those upgrades.

The solution is to change to the eagle, buy weak upgrades, race one complete track, then save. This usually seems to 'reset' it.
Spread the word, spread the image, spread the virus.

Check who’s online