Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

'You've been challenged!' screen

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
java_finch
pedestrian

Post by java_finch »

So, I haven't played Carmageddon before, so I didn't know the 'challenges' were a thing. I already played through, like, half of the levels, but haven't seen a single 'Dare' screen. Recently, my brother started the same version of the game on his computer, and every race starts with this 'You've been challenged!' message, so the problem is not in the game.

Is it supposed to be turned on manually or is it some different game mode that I missed somehow? I tried googling this, and didn't see anything about this problem. I just feel like I'm missing something obvious, and can't figure out what I did wrong.
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

On the IOS the ''dares'' have been removed.

The dares do nothing but ''dare'' you to change the grid position for the start of the race. beyond that there is no change
java_finch
pedestrian

Post by java_finch »

But I'm not playing the iOS version...

Well, I know, but it would be nice to see the messages, since there's nothing else that the characters say. Carma doesn't really have a plot, so I understand it's not important, but still.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

They're pretty much random, so I'm guessing it's just rotten luck on your end.

I wrote this article years ago, but my knowledge remains the same: I'm not sure if you HAVE to wait for the a dare to appear (if it was meant to appear in the first place).
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
java_finch
pedestrian

Post by java_finch »

I didn't know I had to wait for it to appear, it usually takes me just a couple of seconds to switch positions, so I guess, that's why I missed it. Tried restarting the race a few times and waiting 6 seconds, took a while, but it worked. Thanks!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Oh yea challenges/dares could be nice if they made return in CR! gotta remmember taht so I can ask on stream

Check who’s online