Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Engine sounds too damn loud

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

I got the Pontifex pack which is great because it includes the C1+splat pack melt+extra cars and races. It was just extract and run so I didnt need my original CDs. The problem is, for some reason the engine on the cars is so damn loud that it's muffling everything. I dont remember C1 being like this so something is wrong. How can I fix this?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

What do you mean? The new engine sounds that are like in Carmageddon 2?
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Breakin'Benny wrote:What do you mean? The new engine sounds that are like in Carmageddon 2?

Yes, now that you say it, the eagle sounds like the engine from the carma 2 eagle, and not like the carma 1 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzFOcb9DyA

i need the original noise again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrftlCAic0

The C2 type of sound gives me a headache.
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

can you upload your engine3.wav sound? I think whoever did this pack changed it for the c2 sample
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Carmaman wrote:can you upload your engine3.wav sound? I think whoever did this pack changed it for the c2 sample

That's probably because the Engine3.wav included was from a special version of the Splat Pack, which includes new engine sounds that later got normalization in C2. You can try replacing the ENGINE3.wav with the C2 one that's easily included in the easily-downloadable-and-ready-to-mod Vanilla C2 mini-pack

..But I could try making a custom SplatMeld of the Engine sound fixes, too, if you'd like.
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Well i would love to have the original eagle engine sound of carma 1 back. I would do it myself but i just realized i dont even have a optical DVD drive anymore so i cant extract it from my carma cd.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Carmaman wrote:Well i would love to have the original eagle engine sound of carma 1 back. I would do it myself but i just realized i dont even have a optical DVD drive anymore so i cant extract it from my carma cd.

Good thing I feel like keeping mine, just in case. You could try ripping to ISO or BIN/CUE (for CD Audio) and use an application to mount that... or just "look to the Torrents".
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Okay i was able to recover the original CD sounds, all these engine.wav files. I replaced the pontipack ones with them.

Now the problem is: For some reason, when a lot of cars are together, my car engine sound gets muffled by the other engine sounds, like they don't all play a the same time. How do you fix this?
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Another problem ive noticed is I dont hear the "3 2 1 go" countdown sound
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I've never experienced the "3 2 1 go" sound problem myself.
Carmaman
driver

Post by Carmaman »

Ok i just realized the announcer its working. I dont know why I didnt hear it last time. Maybe it was because i was playing on LAN i dont know

Check who’s online