Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Attempting to Install Custom Cockpits

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
STSouthpark2010
pedestrian

Attempting to Install Custom Cockpits

Post by STSouthpark2010 »

(I originally posted this in the modding section of the official Carma forums, but got no useful help whatsoever, so I'll basically post here what I posted there)

Okay, I'm trying to install the cockpit view mods from this topic (attachments on page 3) by replacing the old files with the new ones, but as soon as I select one of the modded the cars from the car-select menu, the game closes itself. Are there any commands I need to put, or edit any other files? The mods I'm trying to install are: The Leadpumper, Stiffshifter, and the Cleaver. I don't know much about C1 modding, though, so I don't know what the problem might be.

The reason why I posted on that forum instead of here is basically because I don't really plan on posting much here, anyway, and can we please keep the posts here relevant?
Last edited by STSouthpark2010 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManIkWeet
mechanic

Re: Attempting to Install Custom Cockpits

Post by ManIkWeet »

Have you done the ingame decrypting thingy that is easily findable on the web?
STSouthpark2010
pedestrian

By "ingame", do you mean the "IWANTTOFIDDLE" cheat, or do you an actual program for decrypting files? But no, I didn't do the cheat. Luckily, I backed up the DATA folder in case I need the unedited files back.

Plus (might be a silly question), does the mod only work with Win95? Since (as of now), I have to use DOSBOX. I've tried it with both 3DFX and normal, and they both crash.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You should do the IWANTTOFIDDLE cheat. When modding you need to have decrypted files. Use the search for tips on using the cheat..
STSouthpark2010
pedestrian

Okay, I restored the original files, did the cheat, installed the mod again, and it worked. This is the first time I've ever modded C1, and I believed that the cheat didn't matter as I thought that it decrypts the files in case somebody needs to edit one of them. I didn't know that it was mandatory for modding any part.

So thanks, anyway. I don't know why the thread on the Carma forums had to get derailed for something so simple, but it doesn't matter now.
ManIkWeet
mechanic

Post by ManIkWeet »

Well it's not technically needed to mod, but modders can't easily re-encrypt the modded files :)
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

ManIkWeet wrote:Well it's not technically needed to mod, but modders can't easily re-encrypt the modded files :)
What are talking about? All you do is run IWANTTOFIDDLE again to encrypt back again. But not necessary.
ManIkWeet
mechanic

Post by ManIkWeet »

Does it re-encrypt the files that have been added?
Nice, did not know :)
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yes everything. But I just leave the files decrypted.

Check who’s online