Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CarEd problem

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Demo
pedestrian

CarEd problem

Post by Demo »

I'm new here and I'm sorry if it is already mentioned somewhere, but I have a problem with CarEd. Cmd window says "WARNING: Canvas3D constructed with a null GraphicsConfiguration." I can create new model there, but Import function doesn't work. First I thought that I just made a mistake while using ASE2ASC, but later I found that I can't import even Carmageddon original files.
I installed those Java routines, I tried both DirectX and OpenGL versions, result was the same.
My gfx card is pretty old GeForce so I guess it isn't hardware issues.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

CarEd problem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello,

Well first which Windows are you using, Win7?
Did you install the proper JRE package (1.2)?
Also I'm a bit surprised you're trying to use ASE2ASC. Why so? If you're coming from another modelling program like MAX, you don't need CarEd.

You might also have a look at this topic. It is old but might help you.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Demo
pedestrian

CarEd problem

Post by Demo »

Well, I'm using WinXP SP3. Proper Java packages installed.

I CAN launch CarEd, I can make some triangles, problem is that I CAN'T (O_O) import any file in CarEd.

Yes, I'm coming "from" Zmodeler and I'd like to hear any other way to get cars working in carmageddon if it's possible. The way I found is Zmod 3ds export -> MAX ASC export -> ASC2ASE -> CarEd. If you are talking about BeMax then where can I find tutorials? It doesn't compile even the example that comes with it... (or just I'm doing something wrong)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

CarEd problem

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well from what you say, CarEd should indeed be working properly!

But if you already have your model ready etc. then you don't need CarEd and can aim for PT2 (PlayThing 2) directly. ASE2ASC was designed for PT2 actually and not CarEd. We usually create cars in MAX then use ASE2ASC or other tools (like Bemax or maxscripts) to port the scene to PT2. If you're into Zmod, you can export to MAX and then finish the job from there.

There's an ASE exporter for Zmod but for some reason it doesn't work with ASE2ASC. I promised I would find why but kinda forgot...
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online