Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Old Arse Carma Editing(visual Settings)+addon Car Trouble(1 of DBs Cars)

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Old Arse Carma Editing(visual Settings)+addon Car Trouble(1 of DBs Cars)

Post by IR2H-Core »

like Mentioned above, well here's the story, my buddy gots a new PC like major power 3.0Ghz Proc, 1GigDDRAM ect u know how it'll go, but he wants 2 play Carma on his new PC, he liked playin it on his old ass PC when he was younger, he got a copy of game again, we laughed at the game on details but yes it's old. but anyway 2 the point, we wanna Up the Draw Distance 2 Show the Entire Level, meaing no Drawdistance at all, meaning we can be on 1 side of the largest Map, an the Machine would still render whats happening on the Otherside, the Drawdistance in the game is horrible u can't see ver far in front of you, we basicly wanna know where the setting is hidden or placed so we can pump it as high as needed 2 draw the whol level. the game was basicly designed on very old hardware an u can tell that by 2day, but the quality of the work is still there. also is there any otherway known 2 increase some visuals? other then the -hires command line? also where can a guy get the Splatpack patch so we can put them 2gether, I remember that u install the Carma Game Over Splat, then Apply this Patch. maybe put it up at CarmaDump, I'd Log in an Approve the File or w/e cept my Login stoped workin again.

EDIT: been doin my own lookin around an the Patch I speak of is the Meld Patch by the sounds of it

EDIT2: Found the Patch. Now Just need 2 figure Draw Distance.
Econobrick
Stucco

Re: Old Arse Carma Editing(visual Settings)

Post by Econobrick »

You can change the view distance with the edit mode cheat...and i'm pretty sure the game saves the setting so you don't have to do it more than once.

Edit: Actually, if you have the files unencrypted (type IWANTTOFIDDLE at the main menu), you can just go to the data folder, open Options.txt and increase the "yon" number...that controls the view distance.

As for the patch, I know other sites have it....but so do i! :smile:

http://mb.polygonized.com
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

I always hated using Cheats in this Game, will Carmageditv1.1 do the job? also now that I Melded the Games 2gether I can't play it now? it says put in the Carmageddon CD, I did, still bitched, so I tried the Splat CD, still bitched, then I remember that Splat hates the High Octane Version an that I used 2 Patch my Game for No CD play just 2 get it 2 boot the damn game, now I can't find a CD patch 2 fix my game. also about Incresing the Yon in the Options file, what would be a Number that would Generate a High distance but not over do it, we just want it 2 Draw the whole Level, but the number doesn't need 2 be past that, also is there a Number that would Cause them Game 2 Crash?

EDIT: I check the options File and it was unencrypted already, anyway it says 'YonFactor 1.000000' what would I mod in the Number, the 1 or any of the 0's behind it?

EDIT2: Whats these Texturing Levels(Car/Raod/Wall)? Car an Wall are followed by a 2, an Road by a 1. what would happen if I changed these all 2 say, a 3 or 4?

EDIT3: Found the Yon Number, witch be 'Yon 50.000000', so with that, am I modding the YonFactor or the Yon?
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

Looks Like I have 2 Run the Game with Carma.bat instead of Carma.exe since if I use Carma.exe I get crap about the Cd an stuff, but I'd still like 2 run it without, I don't remember if asking for Game Fixes was against the rules, but I may be breaking them if it is, can som1 point me 2 1 for Splat Pack?
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

Ran Into a New Problem, after Adding some Files, 1-by-1 that is 2 make sure they work in game. Added the Mars an 3rd Reich Maps, then added the LavaCraft, an next I tried 2 add '49 Mercury Leadsled by DB an Slayer. then I hit the wall Hard there, It said somthin about opponent Miscount, so right away I thawt I screwed the Number at the top, checked it over many times, got nothin? everything I changed from the last Oppenents File was Right, so I'm Gonna Post the Last three Car Tags at the Bottom here, maybe som1 has had my same Problem, an the Opponent Count is 71, after the Meld Patch it said 69, so I addeded 1 when I put the LavaCraft in, then I added 1 more for '49 Mercury Leadsled. so Unless I need 2 go back 2 Preschool, I counted right

// Technicolor Annie #5 (index = 39)

Die Anna

Anna

-1 // Strength rating (1-5)

hawk // Network availability ('never', 'eagle', 'hawk' or 'all')

MUGFOB.FLI

ANNWHT2.TXT

HAWKwhi2.FLI

0 // Number of text chunks

// Opponent 69

Carnage

Carnage

eagle // Network availability ('never', 'eagle', 'hawk' or 'all')

TASHITA.FLI

LAVA.TXT

LAVA.FLI

// Opponent 70

Phineas Freak

Freak

3 // Strength rating (1-5)

all // Network availability ('never', 'eagle', 'hawk' or 'all')

49MERC.FLI

49MERC.TXT

49MERC.FLI

2 // Number of text chunks

5,3 // x,y offset of first line

41,85 // Frame start (incl), end (excl)

3 // Number of lines

TOP SPEED: 150MPH

KERB WEIGHT: 1.4 TONS

0-60MPH: 9.4 SECONDS

5,44 // x,y offset of first line

50,85 // Frame start (incl), end (excl)

7 // Number of lines

CONVERTED BY DEEP BLUE

FROM SLAYER'S C2 '49 MERCURY

END

EDIT: I thawt I should Mention that I set Lava ta 69, an the Merc ta 70 cause I noticed the first car was 0, so I followed till it stoped sayin numbers, an started that Technicolor crap, so I just counted, an got 69 on Lava, an btw Lava worked without the merc, the problem only started when I added the Merc to it.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

I think where you see // NUMBER OF LINES, there is a 7 there, change that to a 2, Or add 5 more Comments lines, that should be it I believe
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

thanks AutoPilot, works Great, also a Great Car, Love it DB
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heh. I was kinda proud of that merc meself. C1 carmaking was kinda an inexact science back then.

I think Lumberjack and I and Econo figured it out.

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

Ok, found another New Problem, but this 1, I think it could be my Fault. Ok what I want 2 Do is get the New Cars(1s that Replace Cars), 2 work as Complete New 1s. alright, my first Try being CromeGod, I renamed some Files, Changed a Line in the Text File, Copied an Opponent Tag, edited it 2 fit, Boom CromeGod doesn't Replace RedEagle! now I'm Trying 2 do so with other Cars that Replace. always doing 1 add-on at a time an Confirming that it worx. anyway, I'll lead on how I attemped with DBs '47 Pontiac Streamliner. what Came in the Zip File(I Do Beleave somthings Might be missing now that I mention this):

EAGBLUE.DAT

EAGBLUE.ACT

47 Pontiac readme.txt

I think theres a Texture File Missing, maybe some Others, I didn't think anything Lined up on the Model, it was all Blue an parts from the Eagle. anyway, I renamed the 2 Files from EALEBLUE to 47PONT, then made a copy of the EAGBLUE.TXT Files an Called them 47PONT.TXT(just like how I did with CromeGod), then inside the 47PONT.TXT File in the Main Cars Folder, I changed the First Line 2 47PONT.TXT(witch caused an error with CromeGod when it didn't match the Filename), then Searched out EAGBLUE.ACT an EAGBLUE.DAT an Changed them to 47PONT.ACT an 47PONT.DAT 2 match the new File Names. then I Copied the Opponent Disciptor an Edited it, I got this(Below) for a New 1, the Game Loaded all like Normal, all went good till I got in Game, where the Car was Blue, Sitting in the Ground and the Rear Wheels spinning in a Circle, as if they were Rotating around somthing(Like How the Earth Rotates around the Sun), Couldn't move or Turn, an Max did that thing in the Action Cam as if he was forever falling.

// Opponent 73

Max Damage

Max

eagle // Network availa}ility ('never', 'eagle', 8hawk' om 'all')

MUGFOB.FLI

47PONT.TXT

EAGLEblu.FLI

So for the Most Part, I'm Blaiming it on Missing Files right now, is there any Files missing from the Zip I have? btw I got it from WASTED.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Its funny what a mess this game could be when it comes to add-ons, its gotta be one of the most unstable games. I can never, or rarely ever get add-on cars to work properly, I usually have to make a brand new .txt file for them, and sometime bizzare things happen, like when you start a race your car is god knows where on the map.. either way in the sky, or 500 miles below. Once you start to accelerate you just hang doing nothing or you get recovered back into that same spot.. the only add-on car I was ever able to get working was DBs conversion of slayers red and white monte.. and I had to do a hell of a lot just to get it going.

The weird rotatiing wheel sounds like the wheel positions are off in the text file though.

I was able to make a few add-on cars myself.. Although any game seems funner once you can make something for it, not in this case.. cause the cars turn into bowls of spaghetti when you damage them. I just don't bother with it anymore :wink:
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

ya the Damage System isn't Great, but I played many hours on this game back in the Day, loved it so Much, now I just wanna Play it for the heck of it, plus add-on all the Goodies PPL made without Replacing things, an Makin some things that were ment 2 replace, not Replace. 2 most of us here, Carma will never die, Just kinda hopin that som1 know if I'm Missing Files here?
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

Here's a Pic of what it loox like when u install it the normal way(replacing the Blue Eagle), I get this? it's the Exact same thing I get with Installing it as a new Car, Loox exactly the same, also I got a new Zip off the Spray Shop, an no Files were missing? I can't make anything of this now? DB, you might be the only 1 that can fix this, since it's ur Car, but who knows?

n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Is it drivable ?! it looks kinda cool! :grin:
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I think Lumberjack and I and Econo figured it out.
That we did mate, although I didn't get my car finished as I wanted to hack the .mat files... that's still on my to-do list, but it is a rather daunting task!

Core: it looks as though you haven't put the .pix file in the right place. Check that when you extracted the zip, all the files went to the right places... if in doubt, have a browse through the game folders. Either that or DB forgot to put the right pix file in! Check it with Carmagedit.
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

n3wton: Not Drivable, doesn't move at all.

LJ: I've Downloaded the Car twice from 2 Locations, First WASTED, now TSS, an both Zips didn't come with a Pix File, an yes both Files(that Came in the Zip) are placed in the right location. but with the Pix file, wouldn't that only fix the skin, not the Problem with the Tires goin nuts an sittin in the ground?, also anothering I guess I should mention, when u start if ya got cars behind ya, they Drive right Through you as if ur not there, but with the Diff Level up, they try 2 hit u right off the start, but then ignore u an continue.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I see what the problem is:

Ya got the Pontiac MODEL in-game, but it's got the Blue Eagle.txt and the Blue Eagle.pix files with it.

Somewhere in the changearound-ya either lost the files or ya lost the references to 'em in the text file.

Everything for that car is named

47Ponty.act

47Ponty.dat

47Ponty.mat

47Ponty.pix

47Ponty.txt

There should be no references to the blue Eagle/Hawk/whatever in that text file. UNLESS it is the car name which I believe that model was meant to replace.

As long as you have all the 47Ponty files-just make sur they're all where they're s'posed to be and that al references in the text point to them.

Many of the earlier cars I made for C1 were to replace the ones I didn't like-which was most of them.

BTW-the skin truly sucks on this car.

Another good one was my C1 Swamp Rat. The great boingy destroyer.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

ya I got the Version Ment 2 Replace, I didn't like replacing so I just edited like I did with others, this was the 1 that gave me crap, the Zips had 3 Files, a Dat File, a Act file an a TXT file that was basicly a Readme, can u point me 2 the version that u Speak of? I got the version I have now from both WASTED an TSS, so if it's updated at either place now, of if it's avail elsewhere, that would be great. with this case only having 2 Files 2 work with, I just copied the Eagles Text Files, an Changed the Refferences in all of them 2 Correspond with the new files under a new name, witch when I ran through it, it was basicly a few things 2 change here, rename the 2 files from the zip, make a copy of the Blueeagle Text file from data/Cars, Decrypt it an change the first line 2 match the new name of the text file, then search out the names of the blueeagle act an dat files in the Texts an Change them 2 the new File Names, copy the Blue Eagle Opponnent Discriptor an Change it's refferance 2 the new Text File for the Car, add a digit 2 the top of the Opponent.txt file, an set the Proper opponent number on the New Decriptor at the bottom. basicly same thing I did 2 the CromeGod, with less effectivness, but if u re-released the car with it already set for not Replacing the BlueEagle, then it's much easy just 2 use that instead of taking the hard road with this car. also The C1Swap Rat is Nice, Kinda a tuff guy I noticed tho, Played 1 game, Busted up 3 opponents up right off the Starting Line :lol:, but the APO I think may be up in the savefile I'm using(couldn't be bothered yet 2 re-rap the game)

2 Bad all the Files weren't in the zips I got my hands on twice or I wouldn't be in this mess eh? but I guess that means WASTED an TSS should update their Downloads 2 correspond with the new Zips instead of these 1s?

Check who’s online