Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Pomp and sway

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
>.-= h1dd£n 4554551n =-.<
pedestrian

Pomp and sway

Post by >.-= h1dd£n 4554551n =-.< »

Hello there,

An active Carmageddon 2 forum?! Oh my days... *excitedlol*:nyaha:<--omg cute

So, first things first, i'm a new member. So hello. I installed Carmageddon 2 about 2 months ago, and it's so damn entertaining... so.. so... entertaining...

But I firstly wish to ask, one of the main reasons i'd wormed my way here was in pursuit of any sort of graphic-enhancing mod, patch, fix, anything. After wading through plenty of websites and pictures of Carmageddon 2, recent images have all been hi-res textures, better resolutions etc. I can't find any way to escape the standard 640x480 resolution setting, other than applying a heap of Anti-Aliasing with my graphics card which just blurs everything. Are my eyes tricking me, or are there in fact mods and/or parches that will enhance the graphics of the game somewhere out there?

I'm aware custom cars are mostly hi-res in comparison, but I swear i've seen pedestrians, buildings, the entire maps looking hi-res.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

omgthx fro readnig tis LOL!!1 :uho:

(P.S. That CarmaLife mod looks a bit tasty...)
coffeycup
Genesis

Pomp and sway

Post by coffeycup »

Hi, welcome aboard.
Use Zeckensack's GlideWrapper to run at 1024 x 768
Be sure to run the "configuator" that comes with it and use these settings
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Pomp and sway

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Hello there! Its nice to see new Carma members.
I see you like my laughing emot :uho:

A GlideWrapper will do the most to increase the graphics, but if you look around, I do believe you may find other little enhancements, such as Savage Elve's Ped Pack, which adds higher-poly peds to the game, though I have notice they are larger than the regular peds.:errr:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Pomp and sway

Post by TTR »

Hi there, always great to see carma users tune in :grin:

Did you ever play C2 before you installed it 2 months ago? Or are you really that new :sglasses:

Follow what coffeycup said, however it depends on what your screen can handle, cause i run it at 1280x1024 :uho: and then the anti aliasing comes in fabulous!

Be sure to follow the link in my sig too for new cars :funnyteeth:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Pomp and sway

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi,

Besides the glidewrapper, there's indeed a lot of new content available for this game. You can check the Links tab under the forum header to have some ideas. Wasted, The Spray Shop and Mac Carpocalypse gather a huge lot of files.

You can also check TTR's links list : https://ttr.cwaboard.co.uk/links.htm

The Carma-Life² mod will be released by the end of this month or in march (I hope). You can anyway still get some new GFX at this site : http://koti.mbnet.fi/jariky/Index.html
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
pedestrian

Pomp and sway

Radical, thanks everyone. :)

I've been playing TDR today and I know a lot of people don't like it... but I think it's alright. I must be honest and say it doesn't have quite the entertainment value of Carpocalypse Now, and no doubt with the "upgrades" you've kindly linked the slight graphic boost won't be anything major.

I'll try and pimp it up tonight... and i'll keep an eye on this forum too, it looks good. :P

(Sorry i'm not a modder really, the only thing I ever do is modify the .txt files... :sglasses: ... but i'd like to see what you guys can come up with!)

...and to TTR, i'm not a new player sorry :P, i've had the game since it came out all that time ago, I just meant after around a period of 2 years i'd "discovered" it again. It's a great game... well ahead of it's time. :) I usually run games on 1600x1200 but i'll see what I can do!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Pomp and sway

Post by TTR »

Ah ok cool, nothing wrong with that tho lol its even better :nyaha:

And yeah the glidewrapper can handle 1600x1200...post a picture if you please! with 16x aa :uho: i wanna see how that looks like :grin:
pedestrian

Pomp and sway

Alas, I would but it seems the GlideWrapper is OpenGL - I wasn't using OpenGL with the aliasing! Since it seems to override the DirectX thing I can't seem to give it any aliasing at the moment... so it's a bit pixelated. I'll sort it out, then post a picture just for you. :) <3
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Pomp and sway

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hm a new person, hello,I only just started usinh Hitres too realy looks a lot better. also all toshes cars are done with high textures.. Also gets rid of that dissapearing texture error,

Welcome hope you like the mods,.. i aint got nothin meaningfull to say.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Pomp and sway

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Mmmh... Actually the only cars from me with hi-res skinning are the last ones from the Opel Rekord C to Cleaver v2.
Venom and Fleshovl are quite impressive on that very point and bring an big contrast with the original cars look.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online