Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Converting from TM3 request

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Goodday Again

Is there someone that takes Converting requests, cause i have idea on my mind for months, but i can't convert because.. can't afford 3Ds max, and if i could, have no idea how to do it.

If there is anyone who wants to try it, let me know, or just ignore .

Grtzz AO .
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

3dsMax 3 is available in the tools list here, you can go very far with it (Beroc used it to create all his cars and models). Other versions are really easy to find off the net.
I'm not sure Twisted Metal 3 is popular enough to motivate people to port them for you. Really if you're that interested into modding, take the time to learn a bit of 3D and do the work yourself, it will be much more satisfying. PS1 models are usually simple enough to be build back into CarEd.

Requests are usualy successful when you meet someone with a common interest or motivate this person with an interesting idea or concept. However not taking part yourself in the process is a big bummer to said motivation.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

I see

Well i was making a request because i was already working on some other vehicles meant for C1 (even something weird) so thats why.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Good to hear! Well just take your time then ; no need to have several projects going on at the same time. It will always be possible for you to start porting your favorite TM3 car(s) later, when you'll have a bit more experience (and that will also make it easier).
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Ok
Only problem will still be that i can't port it over myself, don't know how hard it would be to learn that ?

EDIT: Never mind.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You won't be able to literally port it. You'll have to do like Econo and me: making the model again from scratch.
However it'll probably be possible to capture the textures with an emulator.

What's the point to get a SW mercenary in C1?.. I really don't understand here.
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Like said before trying something else, like the RC Fire truck that was done ealier, and yes it was intended to try to recreate the character model, but kinda have the feeling its useless, even though it is intended as a test .
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yeah but no. The RC firetruck is still a car model and fits the Carmageddon style. See the difference with a SW mercenary character? What would you do with that in C1, can't be a ped as they are just billboard sprites, then what, a character as a car? If it was like Axl in TM or the storm trooper for C2 (on the hovering bike there) I could understand, but a stiff character crashing into cars I don't get it.

You say it is intended as a test, what is the point of the test? If it's to have a go at 3D and porting stuff ingame, start with way less complicated things! Here you'd have to try to get the textures (else you'd have to repaint them), remodel the character from scratch (and a human body isn't easy at all to get right), remap the mesh with the textures, then port it into C1 and proceed so that a character on suspensions battling with crazy cars doesn't look too weird (and considering C1 setup you'll have a hard time).

No offence but how old are you? It seems like you are trying every idea but the simple ones that'd help you progress with further projects. Just draw a simple car/truck/vehicle you like with a simple design and start slowly, taking your time. Every 3D modeller started like this. Else you'll be wasting your time and soon lose any motivation at all, I garantee.

BTW stop quoting, use 'post reply' instead.
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Ok, it has been thrown in the garbagebin. Will continue with the first two on the list below instead (The white & the damaged brown truck) Wich by thinking about it seems indeed a better spend on time. Thanks for saying that it was a waste of time, cause it kinda feelt like it before i asked about it.

[nmg]i53.tinypic.com/2edb9fa.png[/nmg]
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

These are indeed WAY more interesting :B
Simple models as well, good for a beginner. Go ahead I say (but don't forget to take your time, that's how you learn things correctly).
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Yes, some are very easy to re/create, the 1 is the easiest i guess.
I ill take the time to progress more.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

ahahah the taxi from quarantine is amazing. dunno does it have 3d polygons or it's a sprite lol
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

[quote=hazardic]ahahah the taxi from quarantine is amazing. dunno does it have 3d polygons or it's a sprite lol[/quote]
Its a Sprite, i´ll have to make pictures with Print screen for textures or there must be someone that knows how to open Sprite files, and the Limo is from the second game.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Well i do think Hazardic does know it's a sprite, i guess he means that the sprite looks so good you can't tell if it's a sprite or a 3d model :) and he's right.

But do start on that truck :)
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Wich ?
Already have the model for the damaged one, but have some problems with Texturing the model cause:

1 I'am horrible at making textures

2 This Truck is a beta vehicle from a Sequel to TM, so don't know if i have to make some, or use some textures from the previous game ?

And want to add Spikes like on this picture, but don't know how to add them [nmg]i56.tinypic.com/2i0uix4.png[/nmg]
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

It's piss easy to make that in CarEd for example, instead of converting one..which will just take more time and you wont learn how to model anyway. Doing so you can also make the spikes.
We do encourage modeling your own creation, so please, start from scratch! Any self made step will be worth it in knowledge/skill! You do want that yes? :)

Though, maybe i misunderstood.

But Darkside is a nice example.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Wait, you made that? Great! However, the rear wheels go through the rear chassis.
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Never Mind.
AgentOrange
mechanic

Post by AgentOrange »

Never Mind.

Check who’s online