Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Video capturing.

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Bill
hit n run

Video capturing.

Post by Bill »

I know the topics been discussed before, and I did a search but all I got was "SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/cwaboard.com/httpdocs/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 148". I was wondering does anyone know of any free video capturing programs that don't leave a stupid logo in the corner? And does anyone know of a free program I can use that'll take a clip of something from a DVD? I need to know these because I'm re-making a crappy video I have on Daily Motion and I'm going to put in some clips from Carmageddon and I'd like them to have sound. My re-make is just going to be more of a music video and my fist one sucked because it had a whole bunch of random clips and a few images I made or edited. Sorry that I've been dissing the US so much, and the earlier\Opel-fied Chevettes actually are pretty nice. :rockon:
Speed can come in a little packages too!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Video capturing.

Post by coffeycup »

Fraps isn't free, but's pretty cheap - $37

http://www.fraps.com/

It'll do all you want from screen grabs to movies to DVD capture

oh and for search, you can only search "Newer than 6 months" or you get that error
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

If $37 is cheap for a video making program, I'd like to buy it on a disc and have it shipped to me, that way I'll have backup data.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

$37 is cheap. i dont think u can buy it on a cd, but u can allways brun it to one :smile:
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

Eh, I think I'm just going to start making some C2 music videos, I don't really need sound for those because you can't hear it over the music. Thanks for the advice though.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I'm just woundering, is the something wrong with C2's built-in video recorder?

I've tried it a few times. When I first used it, I though it had froze, but it hadnt and still recored(that was also befor I used a glide wrapper).

The videos are saved in carma/data folder. You can change the video options in OPTIONS.TXT. You'll be wanting to change the Quality and Compressor values.

I'm sorry if this has been stated before, as I don't remember it having been(plus theres that problem with the search). Not trying to be negative or such, just thought I'd mention.
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

Nah its just kinda screwy. Just hit Rec while its playing and the mouse pauses\plays though you gotta hit it somewhat. Anyone got any advice or a step by step tutorial on Glidewrapper though?
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

Well heres one thing I really need to know, when you record and a video on C2 and play it at the start and end it has a C2 thing, how do remove it? I try to cut it short in Windows Video Maker but it cuts off some of the actual scene too.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

C2's recorder is pretty crap. I still think you're better off getting Fraps. It'll record larger images and no graphic at beginning and end
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

Well judging by my situation now I do need fraps. Because I can record videos but they don't save or anything.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You can still use C2 to record. If you got XP you should have Windows Movie Maker.

You can slice video clips in there, add music and credits.

Doesn't C2's recorder only work in software mode?

My movies looked crap from C2 recorder.

Fraps will record in 640x480 hi res from your vid card.

Then you save it at 320 x 240 or whatever size you want.
Bill
hit n run

Post by Bill »

Yea, I use "Windows Movie maker" for all of my videos and the videos I do have from C2 do look like crap, someone said you can change the quality in the options.txt but I still have yet to find the part you edit in there, I do use movie maker to cut some scenes but they're kind of short so thats why it probably cuts some off the scene off aswell.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

they're right after "RussellsFannies" and a bit before the parts that begin wth a number.

Taken from the OPTIONS.TXT:

AutoLoad 1

RussellsFannies 1

QuickTimeQuality 0

normal

QuickTimeCompressor 0

animation

QuickTimeBanner 1

ARBANNER.PIX

QuickTimeTempPath 0

C:\Carma2\carma2\DATA\QTTMP

QuickTimeMoviePathStub 0

C:\Carma2\carma2\DATA\MOVIE

NETGAMETYPE 0

NETSETTINGS 0

1 // Allow the sending of Abuse-o-Matic(tm) text messages

1 // Show cars on map

Depending on your version of Notpad, you could also use the "Find..." feature.

Check who’s online