Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Meat Wagon Won't Work

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
One-Eye
hit n run

Meat Wagon Won't Work

Post by One-Eye »

Help Please!

I downloaded Deadboy's Meatwagon from Dtd and installed it as per instructions.

Booted up C2, Meatwagon is there in the selection screen, selected it, selected a track, clicked start, waited for start then C2 crashed back to windows.

Does it every time, anybody else have this trouble?

Junkpile
mindless

Re: Meat Wagon Won't Work

Post by Junkpile »

Does anyone pay attention around here?!? This conversation has already been had recently. It works fine for some & not at all for others. We're not sure why. AND, i'm not at alll happy about it.

'Nuff said!

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

Whoa!! Relaxez-vous friend, you don't have to bite my head off just 'coz I can't be arsed to read every single post on here!

It's not like I keep posting just for the hell of it or just to wind people up like some of the younger people on this board (eg Mad Kid).

I had a genuine problem, I posted a topic in the appropriate forum, hoping for a reasonable and helpful reply.

All you had to say was "This has already been covered in a previous topic" and maybe point me in that direction.

I'm 30 years old, I have a full time job (10 hours a day plus about an hour's travelling each way), a house to maintain, a family to provide for and a cat to feed.

I don't have all the time that some of you younger peeps have to read over every little post. So, as you can appreciate, occasionally I miss stuff.

'Nuff said.

P.S. - I like your stuff mate.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: One-Eye ]
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

In most forms it's common that before asking a question that you first search the form to see if it has been covered. thatz what that handy search button is for.

However I must say the comment was a tad harsh, but hell what one isn't around here :/
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

Very wise words Noodlez.

All things considered I got off pretty lightly.

/me makes a mental note to search forums in future for similar topics before posting and hopefully avoid unnecessary flaming.

P.S. - Found the "Meatwagon" topic started by Junkpile a while ago, sorry for upsetting you dude.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I wasn't all upset... I was just trying to point out what Noodlez did. Only, I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet. My apologies for sounding harsh. It is kind of difficult to get a point across when you're still not able to even focus properly. BTW, I have given up on the Meatwagon. Here is my hypothesis on it; The Meatwagon has well over 100 textures. Therefore, it just will NOT run under DDS or D3D mode's. The only user's I have known to get it to work are those able to use 3DFX. I can not as, most other's with this problem can not.

I know where you're coming from on the "life" thoing. I was there up to about a month ago. Then I lost the job. If I had the money, I'd leave this damned state & just try to start fresh elsewhere. The job market around here sucks! It took me five months to fnd the job I just lost. But, life goes on.

Oh Yeah, Glad you like my shtuff.

Dean

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Junkpile ]
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Lieutenant Crix Makine Designs
turbo bastard

Post by Lieutenant Crix Makine Designs »

i find mine crashes only occasionally. i think its because of texture size, possibly? anyone of you expert guys any nearer to discovering the cause?
turbo bastard

i use d3d option. but with a 3dfx (voodoo2) card. mine works. what the heck
turbo bastard

Just realised - game crashes if i smash the meat wagon too hard with a heavy vehicle
Raptor-X
CheeseDonkey

Post by Raptor-X »

Oh so thatz why I never play with it any more.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

thats cause it has a bad bbox
Raptor-X
CheeseDonkey

Post by Raptor-X »

Well anyways it is a good car when is doesn't crash.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

"Thoing"??!? Hmm... Hey, JP, C'n I use that for an Official Weird & Gearley Sound Effect?

I like that one.. (THOOOOOIIIIIIIIOIOIOIOIOIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!) Kinda like flippin' a big, flat lightweight spring with yer finger...

One-Eye, I'm awful gud-damn glad I'm not the only moldy ol' bastard on this board..I just turned 38 (Hill, WHAT HILL!! I don't remember any hill!).

Some a these threads, I get to feelin' like a kindergarten hall monitor, dig? Niceta sortakinda meetcha!

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

Hey, DB, how's it dangling?

Yeah looks like you & me might be the only ones in here who know what it's like to have to shave their ears and/or nose!

On another note, there was lot's of carma style antics on the motorways in the midlands (in the UK) yesterday Most notably on the M6.

Lot's of crashes, lorries through central reservations, rollovers, rubber-neckers piling into the back of each other, etc.

I don't think anybody got killed, luckily, but there were a few that got hospitalised.

Pure carnage, led to 12+ mile long tail backs for most of the day. I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere near it!

Also, how's the 'Hot-Rod' style C2 T/C coming along that you were talking about down in Weird & Gearley's a while ago?

Check who’s online