Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

more errors, help, please?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Yoshi Gish
mechanic

more errors, help, please?

Post by Yoshi Gish »

I didnt back up some text files before i changed them, i screwed something up in a certain few. can you help by sending the copies you have in you Asset/cars folder. I got an "Application Exception: Assetmgr_PriorityCombined::Get:Asset not found "folder_settings.txt"." if anyone knows what it might be. could you let me know what you think?
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: more errors, help, please?

Post by Dark Angel »

hhmm.. I coundent find anything that said 'folder_settings.txt' what exactly did you do to get that error?
Yoshi Gish
mechanic

Post by Yoshi Gish »

i accidentally replaced my "Hang-on "ka "shark "thechef" descriptor.txt's with-out backing them up first. can someone, please, paste copies of theirs from the game, to the bored so i can copy and paste them into my corrupted files? i think that might fix the glitch.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Ill send them to your e-mail.
Yoshi Gish
mechanic

Post by Yoshi Gish »

dark_angel - i got your files installed but unfortunatly, it made no difference. thank for your help. i'm trying to remember what i did so i can back-track but thats the last thing i remember changing. if anyone has any idea let me know, i can't re-install for fear of it taking forever to install all the cars and "nbp". what that auto-fix thing? would that work, where do i get that?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

There is no auto-fix that i know of, the only thing i can sudgest is to re-install

It takes me about 10-15 mins to reinstall. Copy all the folders addoncars you have and place them on the desktop or something, then uninstall and reinstall.
ReVeNgE
kill boss

Post by ReVeNgE »

Thats what I tried to tell him.His TDR is just totally f***ed up.I never had any problems except for when it just stopped working for a while.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

Oh crap, I found those exact ones in a different file on my PC, but I deleted it though.
Yoshi Gish
mechanic

Post by Yoshi Gish »

*sigh* ok, i'll have to do it. i'm gonna re-install tdr, but damn it take some much time to install it on my comp. then i have to re-install all the addon cars and the nosebleed patch. *sigh* i'll let you all know if it fixes it. but first i'm gonna take another look at my assets.
Yoshi Gish
mechanic

Post by Yoshi Gish »

i re-installed my game it worked as normal, but then i installed the nb patch and the us patch for it, then the error came up again, i had to unstall everything, i did it 2 more times then i was about to say "fuckit" then my girl-friend was like "why don't you just make the "folder settings.txt" file of itlike you did with the "addons.txt" *dumb founded* it actually worked, i love her she's so smart, but i don't get it i get an error for a file that was never in there, and there's nothing in the .txt wtf! but thanx for your help, and your patience with me. oh yeah i threw my backed up "cars" in the assets and everything is back to normal now. talk to you later.

Check who’s online