Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Plaything2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
ministox
pedestrian

Plaything2

Post by ministox »

I get an error screen up about colour settings when i try to open up the plaything 2 editor. What settings should edit to get it t work properly?

Error Reads

Failure: Error! Screen format must

be either 8bpp indexed or 16bpp

(RGB:565) hi colour.

m_scree->type = 4

I click ok to this message, then the opened version of the editor quickly flicks up and closes very quickly afterwards.

Anybody have any suggetions?

Please send to

ngspeed@aol.com

Cheers
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: Plaything2

Post by Dark Angel »

You need to change your desktop down to 16bit, you can do that by right clicking on that little screen icon in the bottom right of your screen.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

If you're using an earlier version of DirectX (like the one that came with C2), go to \Program files\Directx and click on "DXtool" icon. un-check the 2 boxes at the bottom of the dialog box that opens up and PT2 should work fine- just remeber to check them again to play the game..

If yer using DX-6 and up see the above post.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
ReVeNgE
kill boss

Post by ReVeNgE »

Ok since no one will help me with my damn DVD problem will someone tell me where I can get a tutorial on how to make c2 cars with plaything 2?

Check who’s online