Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Installing Carm 2 Car Woes!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Lothar
pedestrian

Installing Carm 2 Car Woes!

Post by Lothar »

I Am being totally retarded here I know.

but can someone please issue a step by step guide to installing cars. I have a zip file of the car and carstockalypse in the carma 2 directory - What I have done so far is to unzip the files (using the directory structure in the zip file) then tried running Carstockalypse (no car appeared)

I then tried unzipping the car to the carma 2 directory (ie. car not placed in the data\cars etc. and ran carstockalypse (car appeared in left pane) I ran teh game and selected the car (viper GTS) - Game crashed [no texture error message] or smething like that. - Please help someone - anyone.

Lothar out

PS I have the UK version fully Patched to Max Gore.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Installing Carm 2 Car Woes!

Post by Deep_Blue »

I assume you hit the right arrow in Carstockalypse when ya saw that car on the left and it appeared on the right after that and then it appeared in the car menu....

'K, the texture error isn't your fault.

It means either a texture that was made for the car wasn't made right (wrong color depth/size/etc.), or it wasn't included, or was renamed or on the off chance that C2 just fucked up making the .pix for that texture.

First, try deleting the Pix8/Pix16 folders in \C2\data\cars\carname folder (Make sure ya got a tiffrgb folder in there first-otherwise all textures go bye-bye el permanente..).

Sometimes C2 screws up making the .pix files, give it another chance.

Failing this- write down the error message and then go looking for that .pix or .tif that it has a problem with.

Maybe it got resized or renamed somewheres along the line. Ya can fix that with a good paint prog.

texture sizes gotta be multiples like 16x16, 16x64, 32x32, 32x128, 128x32,etc. Anything wrong size won't load.

color depth hasta be 16 million colors too..
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

the vipers only work on hi-res or something like that...they're high poly
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

So If Ya machine ain't got the kudos to run with the viper installed... then you're pretty much screwed. Or something like that...

Me however, well I can use the viperGTS and the GTS-R too... yay me.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

All Yay me S'more! YAY!
Danger from the core of hell
driver

Post by Danger from the core of hell »

ummm......in carstockalypse how do u get the car pic in the little box and in the game when u go to get the car?

thax

danger
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

If the car doesn't have menu images, it won't show up in either, some cars don't have them. They usually only show up in Hardware mode as CarEd makes Pix16's, other people have made Pix8's for software mode but they're kinda rare on the older cars.. If you have CarEd, you can take a screenie, crop it and resize it to 192x128 and make yer own menu image.. Put the .pix files CarEd spits out in a folder you create in \data\intrface\carimage (yourcarnameCI)\Pix16

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online