Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Need Help with Carma 2 on Win 2k

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Re: Need Help with Carma 2 on Win 2k

Post by Noodlez »

Don't use the V2 patch, or if ou have to use it hunt down the no cd crack
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Post by motoxxx138 »

The version 2 patch? Not the blood right? Ok I tried that. I did a clean install and it just gives me an error and exits. It happens right after I click launch. I will try the patch with a no-cd crack and see if that works. I doubt it will though. Are you running on Win 2k or NT?
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

neather now, WinXP but when I had win2k I had to not use the patch or use a cracked patch (and since I have a 3dfx card I needed the cracked so my mouse would work)
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Post by motoxxx138 »

How do you like XP? I don't think I want to get it just yet, plus I like Win 2k quite a bit. Is XP an upgrade to Win 2k or ME? Well anyways when you ran Carmageddon 2 without the patch did you have the compatiblity update for Win 2k from Microsofts website?
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Need Help with Carma 2 on Win 2k

Post by motoxxx138 »

Is anyone out there able to get Carmageddon 2 running on Windows 2000? I know it wasnt made for Win NT but I was wondering if it was possible to do it anyway?? I tried the updates adn they didn't work. I also emailed Sci's tech support and Interplays Tech support, but I have not heard from either of them. So if anyone knows if this is possible or knows house I would really appreciate your help. I want to play Carma on my system. I just upgraded it from Win98 not very long ago and I played it all the time. Thanks
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Post by motoxxx138 »

Ok well I stil lcan't get this game working on Win2k. I downloaded the compatibility updates and SP-2 and it still won't work. Here is what happens: If I use the carma2.exe file after I click launch I ge the windows error. It says this program formed and error and will be closed a log file has been created. When I go and look at the Dr Watson log file it just says there was an access error with carma2.exe. So then when I try and launch carma2_hw it imeddiatley says somthing like (im at work right now so im trying to remember) bnn error unable to access glide3d drivers or somthing. So does anybody have any idea? Or advice?

Here are my system specs:

Pentium III 450mhz

128 mb ram

Viper 550 16mb 3D Card

Running Detinator Drivers 12.90

Windows 2000 Sp-2

Diretx 8.0a

(I think that is everything)
Psy
pedestrian

Post by Psy »

I have the same problem as Motoxxx138. I too am running win2k but I have the UK budget version which is already patched out of the box.

I have the following system:

Athlon 1.2GHz

256 MB RAM

Geforce 2 Ultra

Direct - X 8

SP2

yet it still crashes at startup. It will run in software node but it looks hideous. Anyone got a work around for this?
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Post by motoxxx138 »

Hey I think I found the problem. Goto my other post in the general section. I posted there to. It might be able to help you.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

You truely are gonna need the cracked files man, Sadly I don't have a link right now, but runnf that carna2_HW and getting that glide error is cause of a lack of a 3dfx card. instead run the cracked Carma2_SW
motoxxx138
pedestrian

Post by motoxxx138 »

ok number 1: carma_sw looks like crap, number 2 i ran it on my D3D card before I had windows, and number 3 I have the cracked exe's. You want the link? www.gamecopyworld.com www.megagames.com

Check who’s online