Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Nose Bleed

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Rex_H
pedestrian

Nose Bleed

Post by Rex_H »

I've looked on many sites trying to find out what this is and how to get it. I see patches available for the Nose Bleed Pack, but these seem to be to fix the Pack after its installed.

None of the sites I have found spell out detail on the Nose Bleed Pack. One site appeared to indicate that the US version already has it...I've got both Euro and US versions and don't see a difference other than the green zombies in the Euro.

Can some one please shed some light as to whether or not this is an add on. Is it free or do I have to purchase it? If so, where? Is it available in the US?

Heeeeeeeeelp, I am getting nowhere in my search for info on the Nose Bleed Pack.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Re: Nose Bleed

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

This is the deal.

1. You download it(it's a free thing).

2. goto Carmageddon.com

That will hopefully help.
Rex_H
pedestrian

Post by Rex_H »

Your link says "Nose Bleed Pack 12/3/2001, 14:00GMT Buy the Nose Bleed Pack in the SCi Online Store from today!"

FREE? Then why does it say buy it?

Can someone who knows something please reply. That site, like every other one I've found doesn't tell you shit about what the Nose Bleed Pack is or how to use it. Apparently there is a patch, so all I really know is that something is hosed with it.
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

You can download the Nose Bleed cars, but if there is more to be released, Torus should get off their butts and release it, but I doubt there is more.
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

The "Nose Bleed Patch" is free, the "Nose Bleed Pack" you have to buy, £2.50 from SCi (but I hassled them before they released it and got one free heheheh!).

The 'big' patch improves multiplayer support for people on UK/Euro versions plus introduces additional powerups (hovercar, smoke mines, etc) and you really need it to play online at gamespy or direct IP.

The 'mini' patch is for US version users only and I don't know exactly what that does (I'm in UK) but it must solve other multiplayer issues.

The 'pack' does everything the patches do plus installs the 10 official addon cars plus the additional new levels and tracks (1920's, Hell, Speedway, etc).

You can download all the cars from the official site, carmageddon.com, plus some of the tracks are available for download from some of the fansites that are around just follow the links that you see on this or other sites.

Hope this helps.

PS - Try this link for more info on Nose bleed pack: http://www.sci.co.uk/entrypages/tdr_pc.htm

Also, Beast did a comprehensive review at Dtd, check out the link below. http://dtd.niteshade.net/nbp_review.shtml

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: One-Eye ]
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

When you install the Nose Bleed patch on a US Game, it think's that you have a UK game, and therefore will not recognize the US disc. The Mini patch only corrects this problem..... bloody Limeys....LOL
Rex_H
pedestrian

Post by Rex_H »

Yeah, OK...I'm not interested in the PATCH as I have yet to find out if I can obtain the actual Nose Bleed Pack here in the States. The patch I CAN find.

Knowing about the free cars to download is great, but I'm interested in the entire Nose Bleed Pack. I'm especially interested in the Speedway Track. But, again, I wanted to know if and where to get the Nose Bleed Pack.

Thank you to the person who posted information about the UK purchase, at least I now know a version of the Pack exists. Anyone know if the UK Nose Bleed Pack works with the US version of the game, or does that matter? It'd be nice if it exists on THIS side of the Atlantic.

Thanks
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

As far as i know, you can use the Nose Bleed Pack on a US version, the newer versions of the US game already have the pack on the CD and is installed with the game. Since you say you dont have it go to www.sci.co.uk and click on the shop, you can buy it there.
JaggedEdge
hit n run

Post by JaggedEdge »

the US mini patch serves as a bridger for the big patch, it also gives US players the ability to play with UK in multiplayer.

my apologies

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: JaggedEdge ]
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

DONT SAY THAT! Beast WILL warn/Ban you!
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

Check this link for downloads of the Football Stadium and Speedway Tracks.

Link removed

I dunno if the downloads actually work, I haven't tried them myself, as I already got the Nose Bleed Pack.

So many apologies if it all goes tits up.

No warez kids

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: Noodlez ]
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

I told you.
Rex_H
pedestrian

Post by Rex_H »

Well Dark Angel, I originally bought the UK version 'cause I couldn't find it here in the States when it first came out.

I read a little about the NBP and thought (as you previously stated) that the NBP would be included with the US version. I bought the US version a week ago, uninstalled the previous version, installed the US version and can see little differences aside from the Xicat splash screen. I do not find the Speedway and other track listed, I see no difference in the cars.

I've emailed both SCi and Xicat, will probably never hear from either.
JaggedEdge
hit n run

Post by JaggedEdge »

the information about NBP being with retail versions in the US is false in the majority of electronic outlets, such as Best Buy, Babbages, Gamestop, Electronic Boutique, Circuit City, so i recommend you order the Nose Bleed Pack off the net and wait patiently because that's probably what i will do.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

The Pack is installed some US versions, it depends where you get it and if the store has put the latest version of the shelf, as syco said, order it from www.sci.co.uk its not that much, actualy if you e-mail me at Dark.Angel@rapworld.com because i may have a different idea which will still get you the pack......
One-Eye
hit n run

Post by One-Eye »

Whoops! My bad, no offence meant Moderator type dudes.

Soz.

Check who’s online