Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

wanna hear my probs, trust me u dont...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Bane
McBane

wanna hear my probs, trust me u dont...

Post by Bane »

win 2k wont even start up the desktop after anyone logs in, it reeboots,

lucky its on dual boot with win 98, plus neither (supposedly the)Direct X graphics or any sound at all works, these has been problems since 3 months ago,

I can only play the x files game, and Not even my mega PC literate dad can work this 1 out! I am getting a new Motherboard like AGP66Mhz is, & a thunderbird with it too...

And yes all my antivirus and critical updates, and direct ex and drivers are up to date too...

I miss Playing Carmageddon and RA2, and Quake and Doom, oh and the sims...

Oh well 2 months till i can afford to do that, i havent even had time to fix my glasses yet, actaully i work to much on my web site stuff and site ideas to do that, gah... must...slee-zzzzz...laterzzzzz
the_MAD_one
pedestrian

Re: wanna hear my probs, trust me u dont...

Post by the_MAD_one »

Have you installed any hardware before the problems startet? Cause this sounds like a irq or resource conflict. I had smilar problems some time ago with win98 after i installed a network card(ie. win rebootet everytime it loaded the desktop). The prob in my system was that the networkcard tryed to use resources that where used by my MB so I had to manually assing irq and resources. So if you have installed any new hardware start win in safemode and disable it. Then start up normaly and configure it manually, then enable it again.
hendbest
turbo bastard

Post by hendbest »

what mobo is AGP66mhz getting?
Bane
McBane

Post by Bane »

I installed no additional hardware after installing win 2000, but i installed Quake III on Windows 2000, and it worked great for a week, then i wouldnt work, but using Quake III on Windows 98 was not possible.

I know Quke 3 works on my system. It worked fine before windows 2000 was installed. Thats when it all went horribly wrong.

I coudn't even do a hard drive seach in windows 98 the other day, the system crashed, and it was the only thing running, not even a background app was running at the time. Crazee

anyway, In ten minutes, while i am at college, there will be ADSL installed in the house I live in, and I am gonna use the spare hard drive, which is the same size as my cureewnt drive, if not Bigger...haha! Now I am going to have 2 hard drives, ADSL, A Carmageddon TDR FreeForAll Server, and sometime later, a 900Mhz AMD TBird, hoohar!
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

hehe
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Better place to talk about this, [url=http://www.ntcompatible.com/">NT Compatible[/url]

lalala

make sure you have NTDETECT.COM and ntldr om your C:\ or whatever your boot drive is
Bane
McBane

Post by Bane »

Thanks, yep those files are on my c drive, which is my boot drive,

Check who’s online