Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Game freezes when choosing new skins

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
K_G
pedestrian

Game freezes when choosing new skins

Post by K_G »

I follow the installing new skins instructions on DTD to the letter...everything goes ok untill I go to select the new skin...then the game just freezes. I have the updates etc and apart from this the games runs perfectly...

Any ideas??

Cheers
K_G
pedestrian

Re: Game freezes when choosing new skins

Post by K_G »

I should add that it is TDR2000 that I am having probs with.

Cheers

zanetheinsane
hit n run

Post by zanetheinsane »

I know you have the updates, but at carmageddon.com there is a patch that address problems concerning skins. I'm not sure if this is what you meant by updates or not, but I though it would be helpful to throw that in.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Check your Video options, and/or fiddle with them, you might find that it will sort it's self out. The patch that zane is talking about is only for the addon car packs from carmageddon.com, try e-mailing SCi techy support with this. techsupport2@sci.co.uk

------------------

The Destroyers Clan

Cunning Stunt Bonus!

Gamers Complex

EVERY DEAD BODY THAT IS NOT EXTERMINATED, GETS UP AND KILLS, THE PEOPLE IT KILLS GET UP AND KILL.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

If it's the very early skin tut i've writen...then ignore that...

It doesn't work right cause it was made just after the game was released...i've asked beast many times before to either remove it or change it...cause i'm still getting mails about it...

Easiest way to install a new skin is to got to the skin edit screen and press new and put in a name...then go to the cars folder and replace the skin you just made with the one you downloaded...do an update in the skin paint menu thing inside the game and the skin should show up...without crashing or freezing the game..

And dark: e-mailing sci about you having probs with 3rd party releases isn't gonna work...besides...don't think sci wouldn't even know how to get stuff to work on "their own" games...(/me points out to the updated npbcar patch)

[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: ...-[ Raven-X ]-... ]
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Lol, ur right rav
K_G
pedestrian

Post by K_G »

Thanks Raven....sorted