Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR Demo lunching out about sound NEED HELP!!

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Jukata
pedestrian

TDR Demo lunching out about sound NEED HELP!!

Post by Jukata »

ok guys, although i just joind this board i've been a carma-head for years now. i just got the TDR demo and can't find any help for this issue:

when i start the game, the launcher runs fine, but when the game is about to start...blackscreen. dose it in window mode also. i've tried disabling all options that i can in both the launcher and my 3D card controlls... no luck. no, my suspicion is that it's my soundcard, because the game locks instantly when i click the "sound" tab under options in the launcher. can i just disable sound alltogether if i can't run it with my soundcard? (PC specs below)

please help! i'm a carma-addict, and after downloading 130 megs to my brand-new fresh install PC i can't get my fix!

Win98, (with all updates from Microsuck site)

DirectX 8

AMD T-bird 1GHz

ABIT KT7 RAID board

Creative Annihilator 2 3D card

Echo GINA soundcard (is this my issue here? it's a multi in/out digital/analog soundcard intended for pro multitracking music, it's never had issues with any other games though)

if this is just a demo issue, point me in the direction of a downloadable full version if possible. i'll DEFINETLY support SCi and buy the retail, but NOT before i see it working on my computer. not after the demo gave me this crap. THANKZ!!!!

drive on,

jukata
Beast
The Man

Re: TDR Demo lunching out about sound NEED HELP!!

Post by Beast »

Your problems look like they are due to the graphics card.

I suggest you download the latest drivers from the card manufacturer, but even that might not fix things, as the demo is alpha, and the code is very unfinished, it might not even support your card.

Now, we cannot give you a download link, because we do not support warezing, you're gonna have to find that on your own.

The Beast

Administrator
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

if you can get into the sound to turn it off, or B change it to that miles fast (think that is what it's called) it should work fine
Jukata
pedestrian

Post by Jukata »

thanks for the help guys. i did infact try updating my 3D drivers, motherboard drivers, and BIOS all with no luck, still the black screen.

i also suspected that turning off the sound might work, but unfourtunetly the very second i click the sound tab the launcher freezes. is there an other way to do it? edit some ini file or a regestry entry or something?

i'm realy looking forward to getting this running on my new computer... i'm not giving up yet!

jukata
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Umz I can't remember how the demo is setup, but I am sure it's the sound thing as I had pretty much the same thing. Don't let the game try to auto find crap.... but there should be a file called TDR2000.snd open it in notepad or something, it should have the sound settings I think
Jukata
pedestrian

Post by Jukata »

YES! thanks so much Noodlez, i went into that snd file and started playing with it the only thing in there was:

Version: 1.02

6 0 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000

out of a total guess i just changed the "6" into a "1", saved it, and reloaded the demo.

it worked! i was able to disable the sound and now the game runs! nice one! alright gotta wreck some cars now...

thanks!

jukata

Check who’s online