Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Ok, I can install Carma 2 cars , but...

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Evil_Stallion
pedestrian

Ok, I can install Carma 2 cars , but...

Post by Evil_Stallion »

Some of them have this weird glitch in the textures...

For example, AdR's R34 Skyline GTR has problems with displaying the textures in the right places on the car, i.e., the texture for the dashboard will appear on the quarter panel of the car and flicker between the texture that's supposed to be there and the texture from the dash. I've also had this problem with several other cars I've downloaded but not a severely as with the Skyline. The only add-on car I've downloaded that doesn't have this problem is JM's Viper GTS.

I'm guessing that it might have something to do with my gfx card. Are there any known issues between Carma 2 and S3 Savage4 chipsets that I haven't found out about yet?

------------------

~Evil_Stallion
Evil_Stallion
pedestrian

Re: Ok, I can install Carma 2 cars , but...

Post by Evil_Stallion »

Damn, no one has any clue?

------------------

~Evil_Stallion
hendbest
turbo bastard

Post by hendbest »

yup, that'd be lack of ram on yer graphics card. if its the 8mb version thoughm i dont know what the problem is. try getting a tweaker for it tho, cuase that fixed my problems with limited tex mem on me laptop.

------------------

Hit any user to continue.
Evil_Stallion
pedestrian

Post by Evil_Stallion »

Hmmm... that couldn't be it. I have a Diamond Stealth S540. It has 16Mb of RAM. I guess it's just compatibilty issues or something. I'll try tweaking it some.

------------------

~Evil_Stallion

Check who’s online