Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

trouble installing the cars i got from DTD

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: trouble installing the cars i got from DTD

Post by Deep_Blue »

OK Zid, yer gonna hafta gimme a few more pieces of info than those.. First of all, what's f**ed up? The game? Or the cars ya got, cuz I don't have any problems with those cars.

Unzip most C2 cars to yer MAIN c2 dir, the file and directory structure in the .zip ensures that the files know where to go once ya tell 'em where yer main C2 dir is.

Then just use Carstockalypse to install them into yer opponent.txt

I guess the most common mistake is that people don't unzip the cars to the right place.

As far as yer game being screwed up? Try re-installing it.. s'all I c'n tell ya based on the info ya gave here.

Post back with a more specific description of yer problem an' I'll see if I can help ya.

DB out
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
zid

trouble installing the cars i got from DTD

Post by zid »

i unzip the cars then i run the install car program and when i try to start the game it doesnt even start cos its fucked up
hendbest
turbo bastard

Post by hendbest »

i think he means TDR. but im probably wrong. BTW, anyone got problems with the movies in TDR. they all stuttery and leave lots of frames behind. i think they work with sound turned off, but i dont know for sure. it happens with all the movies except the torus one.

ive got a Voodoo3 2000 with the latest drivers, windoze 98, cmi8330 sound card that fuckes everything up and a new shiny 10gb HDD. any help would be grateful

thanx

------------------

I Feel Nothing

I Feel Everything

Pools Of Blood Stain The Road

As I Feel The Bleeding Edge Of Death...

[url=mailto:hendbest@cheatcc.com">hendbest@cheatcc.com[/url]
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

I had that, all you need is to install Direct X 8, and if you already have it reinstall it.

------------------

Play The Destroyers NOW! atTheDestroyers.cjb.net

Dancin With The Devil!

Click to go to the Best TDR:2000 MultiPlayer Forum On the Net!
Bubba_Z
pedestrian

Post by Bubba_Z »

Hello Everybody, im new here, i love carmaTDR, i had an old ver of carma1 long ago, but never got as into it as im into TDR now.

ok, my question pertains to the topic, in re: i dl'd some cars from DTD as well, and well, there really should be a tut set up to give everyone an idea of how to submit a car in a unified way, um ... in that they should all have the same install routine. All but one car iv dl'd had a different install routine. I myself prefer the cut and paste method, not only because i can see what its doing as its doing it, and i know im to fault if it doesnt work, and the .exe's that ive gotten dont work for me. this is the error...(component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid)... im not saying its not my fault...in fact im sure ive accidentally removed somthing from somewhere thats causing that error, but, if all the cars were made to install the same way, ...either way, the cut and paste, or the .exe,...i might not have found out about the missing.ocx file...ok, im not sure if i made any point other than i might just be some kinda ass... lOL

ok, well, can anyone help me with this error, and can someone tell me WTF im suposed to do with the bigfoot.txt file i got with that cool looking truck?

incidentally, ive installed the jones by hand, er, cut&paste, so i dont haev a problem with it, when its made fairly self explanitory in the sense that there are rewritten files by Beast explaining what to cut&apste where :smile:

ok, im done for now, yall got a cool board from what ive read... and if not for anything but the plug, im winding down a run playing a game called Re-Volt with a bunch of pretty cool folks at www.racerspoint.com/revolt

ROCK!
Bubba_Z
pedestrian

Post by Bubba_Z »

ok, i got the dll for the ocx error i was getting...the install routines work :smile:

i Still however havnt tried to re-edit the bigfoot.txt file yet, but will probobly start that today...

so, thanks for your help.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Bubba Z? Bubba Zanetti? You like "Mad Max"?
Bubba_Z
pedestrian

Post by Bubba_Z »

Sorry, not Zanetti. just a guy from Il.

thought the Z would add some -racing-type- flair to plain ol Bubba, but it seems theres some warez guy named bubba Zanetti. never met him.

MadMax was a cool movie though. :smile:

Rock!
moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

correction mad max was the coolest movie !!!

------------------

Check who’s online