Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

simple modeling ??

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
moonshadows
pedestrian

simple modeling ??

Post by moonshadows »

I POSTED THIS ON THE "NEWBIES" BOARD BUT DID NOT GET ANY RESPONCE HOPE I CAN GET SOME HELP HERE -- THE MOON

this is probably a simple problem to some of you guys that have been at this for a while i have been using all your cars for years and have over 300 downloaded at present time ----

i have modeled a few cars with what i think is pretty good sucess using cared 1.1 however i am having a few problems i hope some one might beable to help with

1- the option {Line up your car in browser view so you can clearly see

the side view of your car and press Alt-Print-Screen.}does not seem to work for me any ideas why ???

2- the option for loading pictures for trace images only works some times

these two options where not a huge problem when i made my first few cars that resembled blocks w/ wheels or 2D vw bugs but now thaat i have done some right i need to make some simple models and cant

3- after compiling a model and going to test {race} it i found my cars would appear to go through the walls the front fenders and hoods would all but disapearbefore the car seemed to make contact i have since found some numbers in the text files at the bottom that some how control that element however i am not sure how to get it set correctly any suggestions or help is great !!!!!!

p.s. is there a suggested screen setting / color setting that cared works best at ??? maybe that is my problem ??

and finally what is the max # of cars i can load into a carma game ?? it seems to max out at 200 or so for me but often crashes too and the max aponnents per level ??

moonshadows
pedestrian

Re: simple modeling ??

Post by moonshadows »

i really would like to figure the problem of screen shots out asap i would like to share my current project and get some feedback !! --thanks

------------------

cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

Erm, this is the newbie board

------------------

Crashocalypse - Life has never been so unforgiving...
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Tut, newbies dont even know where to point anymore.

---------------

------------------

Play The Destroyers NOW!

TheDestroyers
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey, Moon...I'm a newbie too, but I've managed to learn a couple things by trial and error.

Anyways, Since the vets aren't answering your question yet, lemme see if I can offer any (help/info/useless crap/plain noise(pick the one that applies)

I have my screen res in Winblows set to 1024x768 High color (16-bit) and I just hit "print screen" when looking at my cars in CarEd. I just paste it into my copy of PSP 3.0 and cut the car pic in the 3d window out and save that.

You were right about the bounding-box numbers...they detemine where the "solidness" of your car is... I'm still learning about these...I know the numbers represent the corners of the box, however many corners it's made with...there's an entry above those numbers "polyhedron" and a number under that..it tells ya how many corners yer bbox has.. I've managed to find those points on the x, y, and z axis (es)??

and by moving those (changing the numbers), ya can make yer box fit the car better.

Read the CarEd.HTML help file...it tells ya a LOT about how to do it right.

Hope I was of some help... When you vets are done laughing at me...correct me where I'm wrong, 'K?

Mebbe I can learn some more from ya by accident.. :smile:

DB out

[This message has been edited by Deep_Blue (edited January 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Deep_Blue (edited January 16, 2001).]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

WTF!!?? UH-OH..did I ramble on too much in my last post??
moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

yes iam am new to message boards i have avoided them at all cost in the past as i find you get 90% BS feedback and an occasional helpful - informative post thank you for the info deep blue i will try some more see if i can get it going i ma very proud of my new effort and i am sure it will NOT be a topic of jokes in this forum

------------------

moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

still no dice the cursor flashes once and that is all there is a line in the java dialog box that read "Canvas 3D constructed with a null graphics configuration " but that sounds to me like a program problem is that what yours says ??

------------------

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, Moon..Mine says "null graphics config", too, also usually says "illegal escape" an' I havent even done anything yet..

OK, what ya do AFTER the cursor flashes is important. What the "print screen" means really is "copy to clipboard", Then ya open up a paint or image prog and paste the "copy" into that and it should show up. Does for me.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

The screen res I guess should be at least 800x600, I think and 16-bit color.

I use an old PSP 3 demo and I get good results every time when I paste a copy from CarEd, Pretty good considering I dunno jack s**t...
moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

i got it to work !!!! very cool thanks a million that was really beginning to piss me off i have 2 images the first is what it will be when it is done and the second is what i have so far i have done all of it myself except the rear wheels but i had to redo them anyway -- here they are

------------------

cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

That looks totally bitchin'

------------------

moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

here is more current picture the cab is coming along now thanks for the vote of confidence carmakaze when it gets done i will share it w/ everyone !! Image

------------------

cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

Dude, that's coming along very nicely! I can hardly wait to see what the front half will look like! Keep up the good work, man!

------------------

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Moon-Dude! That is one bitchin' drag truck! DB drives trucks.....DB wants that truck when ya get it on the road....C'mon...(*pant/drool*)... Lemme test-drive it!!!!!

DB's pushin' a lil bitty DT466 down the road nowadays...What kinda mill ya got in it...?? Hmmmmm...??
moonshadows
pedestrian

Post by moonshadows »

this is being modeled after the original super boss drag truck and it sister truck the bangad bandit both of which ran a 12v detroit w/ twin turbos it weighed 10000 pounds ran the 1/4 mile in 13 second 100 mph and held the class d worrd "truck speed record at 144.421 i saw these truck wheni was a kid and let me tell you they are bad !!!!! Image

------------------

Check who’s online