Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carimage Palette?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
JaffaCakeLover
pedestrian

Carimage Palette?

Post by JaffaCakeLover »

I am helping to put together a Carmageddon Wiki, and this requires images.

I can get to the images on the Carmageddon II Choose Vehicle screen, but would prefer to get into the original files.

I've found the .TWT files concerned, got the .PIX images out (the 6 car pics and one driver pic), but when I open them in XNview PIX, they're all really wild colours!

This is making me think there's a problem with palettes - is there a way to load in a custom palette I haven't found yet?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
JaffaCakeLover
pedestrian

Re: Carimage Palette?

Post by JaffaCakeLover »

The only carpics I can find in the directory you stated are the TINY ones that go on the statusbar during a race... i'm talking about the images you get on the Choose Car screen. They're in the PIX files, in the TXT files, in Data/INTRFACE/CarImage/ !

I was sure I got an old version of XNview, got it off another forum post that mentioned Carmageddon and everything. Will have to track down an older one!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
JaffaCakeLover
pedestrian

Re: Carimage Palette?

Post by JaffaCakeLover »

Yes, those files are the ones I wanted, thanks for that link!

Severely confused though - Looking on the CD itself (yes, proper legally owned since release)in:

F:\carma\data\64x48x8\PIXELMAP\tiffrgb

...Not there. 70 objects, all TIF files, and they were none of them. Same goes for the directory the game's installed in on my PC. Maybe it because my CD is the UK Zombie Version, so it could be an earlier/later CD pressing without those TIF files!

p.s. Never seen the Ron Dumpster shot before, though I have heard of it... was there ever a shot of his vehicle?

Check who’s online