Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

how many opponents?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
panzermetal
driver

how many opponents?

Post by panzermetal »

Hello I'm new here! So my first question is: How many opponents can be in a race? Which is the max number of opponents I can set?

Thanks
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Re: how many opponents?

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I'm guessing it's whatever your computer can handle.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Alex is right .. your opponents are defined in opponent.txt, Though, if you specify too many, your game will crash.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

If you want to change the amount of opponents in a race, opent up the RACES.TXT file. Choose a race and change the number infront of // Number of opponents. To find this file, go to your hard drive, look in Carma2 folder, then in the data folder. It's in the somewere. Dunno about you, but I can click a file(one click) and press "R" to take me to the first or next file starting with the letter R.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
DrJones
hit n run

Post by DrJones »

My machine (P4 2.6 Ghz) handles 18 opponents with an occasional pre-race crash (As in, just when the race is being started). But as Toshiba and I demonstrate it really depends on your CPU, Video card and Memory to determine how many opponents Carmageddon II will handle.

Also, mind you, with some races or custom tracks, some cars including yourself, might end up stuck in a place that's not supposed to be raced in. There's also funny things happening, like in USS Lewinsky, the last two cars of the 18-car line, always start in the air and drop to the deck while the counter to start the race is going.

Anyway, that's how it is.
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

thank you mr. A.D. for that info, i was wondering about that, but never got around of asking it.

now if i can only remove the stock cars from the game and just play with addons???

how do i do that? carstock? :confused: :tongue: :thumbsup:
"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Yes, you can.

When I did it, I made a copy of opponent.txt. Opened up the non-copy, removed the unwanted vehicles, saved, and then opened up Carstockalypse. It will fix all the numbers, so they will be in order.
panzermetal
driver

Post by panzermetal »

I see. Thanks for the info. A friend has an AMD 2.5 and 256 ddr of memory and he can play against 22 oppnents ,despite he has no 3d card like a gforce 4, .He has a onboard card that is a crap.
panzermetal
driver

Post by panzermetal »

ehr... sorry ,he has 512 ddr of memory, and he can set 22 opponents in a race.

Check who’s online