Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alternate Carmageddon

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Alternate Carmageddon

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Reposted topic.. I hate doing this. and any replys are dead.

Here we go. Heres a little project ive been keeping kinda quiet about. One day I decided to reskin and tweek the handling of every car in the game, And place the drones more fitting, so you know its not a city of station wagons id mix them in a little more. Anyway heres the menue images of all new cars. and what they are.. All in order. Ive skined all cars, Modded some, And swaped around others, keeping to the spirit of the orignal C2 using small textures and orignal style textures to make it look like something that could have been in the game. so heres my.
Alternet Carmageddon

REJECTS! as you know not everything comes out as well as you hope. Heres the ones I decided not to add.

So there you have it. A little diffrent carmageddon with diffrent charactors all modded on the orignal cars. Amazing sometiems what diffrence some textures can make.
So theres some here I really like how they turned out, and theres some I actully dont like.. Its hard to keep insperation going on this many cars Tho theres probly something for you in there if you like the orignal game

And if you think something is diffrent. It Is. I killed the green Wideboy and replaced it with that, Green vertion now in rejects pile

Runining drones

Ok lets face it the van looks stupid. but I tried.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Alternate Carmageddon

Post by Razor »

Release, release, release!
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

awesome!!!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

My orig comment got lost, no big deal, I just said something about wanting to download it.

But now that I have to type my comment again, I'll say a little more :)
I think your re-imagining the characters is really spot-on, you really 'get' what Carma is about. :sbsmile:
I would want to do another clean install and use your cars for the default.

Your van drone looks too low, tires going below the road. I wouldn't do white drones. Not sure why, I just wouldn't.

Somewhat off-topic:
I was never a fan of the original drones. I know they're just traffic drones, but I wish they had been a little more unique. I don't expect them to look like other racing opponents (although I did make a Grimm drone once) but I always thought they could look more dystopian and less suburban. Wouldn't the citizens of Beaver City be kind of on the shady side and not suburban soccer moms?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Awesome work Maxine and this time you've got to release it mmmkay?! :smad:
I thought Turbinator was rather cool. I also like what you did with the Bimmer/Enforcer and Magic Banana.

Offtopic: About the drones, I always thought Econo's or C2S' drones were a must to replace the original ones.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Eh hello, it's me again.

Nice work Maxine! It's an alternate Carmageddon, but actually it's cooler! That's also because default C2 has been played so many many times.
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Eh it's been a while since i've been here XD anyways. I really like the look of the alternate cars here! the big dump (now complex) looks kinda similar to the san andreas dump truck, but is a lot more appealing to the eye, the enforcer is also a good change (focusing on the most appealing to me XD) liking the new lightbar, Mr cabs - liking the no lightbar and the plough added to the front, it gives it a much more vicious approach! The ramvan looks good with the scoop and the extension :thumbsup: and jaques II looks a lot smoother than the original and the blades look much better. (From the c1 cars aren't they?) Anyways great work!
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Still waiting for these to be released :(
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya well shit hit the fan a short while ago,

I was making a full mod, with old c1 maps simpler missions new drones, But I was thinking mabye i should jsut release the cars insted, otherwise ill enver be finished.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Well ya, doing an entire makeover type mod is a lot for just one person to try and do by theirself. :supercrazy:
Yeah, release the cars as a carpack. Better to get them out there than have them be forgotten.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

coffeycup wrote:Yeah, release the cars as a carpack. Better to get them out there than have them be forgotten.
:thumbsup:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Yeah, please do this! :scool: I really dig the alternative bigdump texture!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I shall keep poking and prodding until these get released. :cool:
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Come on maxine, enough with the teasing, where be the releasing, is there anything in particular causing you concern? :)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Bump..

I hope Maxine will eventually release these. :confused:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Com'on Maxine.
We're waiting, release the damn skins already :smad:

Think you can tease us then go away just like that?
We'll track you down.
We are the CWA.
:swheel:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Hello? Another month and still no word on these.
:oops:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

What the hell is wrong with this thing?... Why did I do this.

Ok so I seem to have got pretty far thru my mod.. even tho I am only working on it 1 day a week since my main priority now is to get a car back into roadworthy state for ratrod type showing. in summer 2013, yeah, I know.. seems like I have plenty of time to do only 2 large jobs, (fabricate exhaust and replace transmission..... again) But you know me right.

So here Is whats happening here, this game is stupid.. Im not letting it go. unless ive done what I want, so far ive done all the cars.. put 90% of the menue images with driver images into the game. Ive reskined some tracks, Created the first mission (ok missions area easy.. and im not making.. 'Missions' as such. just smash into cars, or kill peds. nothing too hard) Ive done most of the new drones. Wich by the way are totaly diffrent from the revius ones shown. those have been totaly scraped in place of more triditinal carmageddon-ness, So other than a bunch of stupid text work and some skings to make for maps its mostly ready, I feel pretty stupid for not being abel to do it fast, But I dont want to sit here and do it.. Ok so first ill explain the stupid ped problem, Then ill talk about what this mod is soposed to be... Ok.

First.. PROBLEM.

So I started building the peds folder from nothing, Deleted everything and started again with one.. Ok good works, So ill go to Toxic ragers, and download a ped,

Simple avrage thing to make skins off, so I rename everything.
AV1, so its..

AV1.MAT
AV1.ACT
AV1.DAT
AV1.TXT
AV1A.ACT
Etc,
untill all the ped files are properly named in this way.. wich stands for, Avrage, Numer 1
I also do the same with the textures.

AV1.TIF
AV1B.TIF

I open the ped in plaything import the renamed texture.. change the texture Identifyer to the same name.. so everythings there.. everything is exactly the same. except for diffrent names.. But.. Carmageddon crashes. And dosent give me an error.. It just comes up with the standurd.. Program closing sorry for inconveniance bullshit.
What pisses me off is , ive done this with my own peds and it works.. But it dosent work, now that I need it to the most. and Im doing things exactly the same.
Ped skins are needed for finishing this off, Can someone offer.. atleast a clue as to what the hell is going on?..

Now onto the posative.. what this game is about.. I know it might seem stupid to me butt.. this is what ive allways wanted to do at some point so.. Im Putting a lot of effort into small things that people wont notice. To me. this is important.

What I want to create here is a new gaming experiance thats still very fimilia, The best thing about games is playing thru them the first time, Seeing the new places, people, cars, and stuff to do, feeling the handling of things for the first time, Trying to save up to buy that fancy car you saw and really want now. This is not designed as a simple mod to push into carmageddon, this is an entire stand alone thing designed By me from the start to be a game.. To play thru, Ive even tried my best to tamperproof things from tha Noobers. I mean you guys will know how to mod carmageddon.. But for the total newbies who will want to grab this and use carstock to select the car they want and mess up the opponenets list making wrong cars apear in missions.. DENIED. this is for the carma fans .. the people who Like this game for what it is. and now what they want it to be..

Ok so.. How do we play?
This carmageddon takes place in three fictinal states in america during a cannonball run style race across diffrent locations in both states,

The two states are. Camino, Nieve, And Loco Suciedad, Camino is a state in the south east of america, it is the starting point of the race, tho it is revisted, it is a very large state boarderd by Nieve and Loco Suciedad, Camino being an avrage, warm ish state next to the sea, Home to bleak city, wich is on the coastline, but not hot enough to be a tourist attraction... rather like newyork really. Loco Sucidad is mainly desert wasteland, Tho there are towns and other areas within the state, And Nieve is further up north, usualy snowed under a great tourist resort for those who like winter sports.

Game Brefing,

Welcome to Carnage, An outlaw roadrace built around the competitors of the old 'carmageddon' races, This crazed bunch of men, women, and other.. will try survive there way thru three states taking triditinal rules, causing destruction and mayhem in the name of entertainment,

The first race initiations start at Bleak racetrack when the time is givien, any late competitors Will not be aloud acess, Bleak racetrack is home to thatpunk gang known as the track pirates, lets get in and out before they even know were there. You have all been sent the GPS route of the race,... Those who are about to die.. We salute you!

Hang onto yer helmet,

*Many things are bound to change, these are early screenshots going back a month or so, Changes to some textures, models, and tracks have been made, screenshots do not give 100% image of actual game, Warned*

Tis all for now.

EDIT:

Actully lets list some fetures I forgot.. whats in the game?

*New skins for cars, with driver skins that.. actully match the driver menue image rather than repeated crap,

*New, but fimilia locations, reskinned tracks but tracks you know well from all over, C1, 2, and SP, basically al the real.. carma games.

*New pedestrian skins to put them in the right place for each map. but still using the old C2 style bodys for authentic look,

*New drones, Carmageddon styled for that, sometimes retroish, but not too far away future,

*NO APO, for Real drivers!

*10 Places to visit, 3 races per area, Pluss 1 'Mission' But dont worrie, no smashing satalites this time.

*Complition bonus cars!, Yup, secret cars. finish the game for reawards,

*Unique handling cars, Ment to feel how they look, sports cars will be solid to the road, weak, but fast, Big luxury cars will jiggle around the road like a boat,

*New sounds for most things, Giving a fresh taste to the game along with the new skins.

And.. thats all.... again.

EDIT AGAIN:

Problem Fixed.. By myself.. couldent find no help.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Re your ped.

Kinda hard to say what the problem might be without looking at. Did you update the TXT file to match? What about the names of the body parts? Are all the BONES and MOVES folders still in the PED folder? Maybe you can send me your AV1 ped and I can take a look at it.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Allready solved the problem, (I pasted it in with an edit on the topic)

So ya, Now all I need is some attention spans.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

You rock, Maxie!
Don't ever stop! :rockon:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

So anyway.. I created a new drone. Its just over 400 polly. I cant rember what.. mabye like 406. it has 12 textuers, 11 of them are 64x64, the other is 64x32, it has 4 wheels (wich ive combined into 8 wheels) I moved the steering wheels out f the pivot, and put something Else in the pivot, so that some other part steers, all works perfectly.. Except... When it spawns, Peds dont seem to spawn.. anybody got any ideas? Ive never seen or heard of this happening before. and its not like its a complex model.

Anyway Its not a massive issue, its staying in game.. just means tempory pedbrakes. I dont care.. If carma is going to be awkword then it can go fuck its self.. Just wonderd if anybody had ever heard or seen this before.

Still making progress. Sorry for being cryptic too with explaning I just want to kee most of the game kinda top secret untill im done. It seems more fun if you dont know what your going to see driving around huh,
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Great to see you are working on this strongly! I have never heard or seen this issue before, but if it doesn't matter that much why bother trying to fix it. :) Keep up the great work max!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ok ya mabye its not hugly important.. but the way parts of the city are just empty now pisses me off.. Because I jsut ask why.. Why are you doing this.. Why do th sounds fuck up too. Missing peds, Missing sounds, .. Every little thing is just starting to Bug the hell out of me.

EDIT: Ah fuck it ill just put it into thr storyline: People clear the streets when the magnachem rolls into town to make deliverys.. since there mostly responsible for this toxic smog sorounding the city. or... something.. Yeah!

EDIT2: Actully its worse than I thought dont know whats going on peds are not apearing properly in ANY level now. .there apearing in random small groupes. So Im guessing its not actully drone related? since there are no drone maps too.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Mad_Maxine wrote:EDIT2: Actully its worse than I thought dont know whats going on peds are not apearing properly in ANY level now. .there apearing in random small groupes. So Im guessing its not actully drone related? since there are no drone maps too.
Have you edited the levels? Did you increase the 'Peds per 100 square metres'?
I ask because what you describe happened to me when I tried to get too many peds onto a map.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

There I Fixed It,

I should stop messing with things that I havent tried before.. wasent anything to do with number of pedestrain but its all good now.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Actually it would be great if you could explain what the problem really was and how you solved it :swink:
For future reference.

Also don't stop, we want this mod!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Just want to let you know its still alive and going. I cant belive how long it takes.. test. test. test.,
I have a week off work.. I allways have a week off when its my birthday, every year, so SOME. of this extra time will go towords compleating this faster, Most of the sound work has now been done, most of the levels, some missions that.. Are in my opinion easy enough for a dead monkey to do. so no problems there.. Some tastes.

Small taste of what to see,
Can you feel it? were getting closer.. Yes I am excited.. some of you may make lots of stuff but for me.. with all the stuff in here. replacing everything.. This.. is an epic work mod.. the fact that it actully works.. I shall need to write many tutorials on how to make stuffs after this.

Rember, this is a playing game. its not a patch up mod. this is me.. Designing.. My carmageddon.. and thats why Im posting it here.. for you guys. the ones who know what this shit is all about.

Not like when I had that storage contest thing.. It went well sure.. but.

Keep it alive and good seeya around people.

For those who say im slow.. I update more than the official site .
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I'm glad you're still working on this mod. I see new car skins but the newcity skin looks unchanged. Are you reskinning the levels too?
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Work in progress man, I do maps a part at a time, I find it boring, But I like the results.. aming for C1 style,

Besides, Wanted to save most of it for the grand unveling.. I know its taking longer than It should but.
theres going to be new map textures, car textures, and im setting up all the races.. Dosent sound like much work but its time consuming. What took me longest is making menue images.. thank god theres only like 5 of those left to do.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Good to see you still going with this one, can't wait for a release.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Call the gang "Street Thunder"! It's corny sounding, but also has a nice ring to it... and it's a reference to "Assault on Precinct 13"(!) You might not have heard of it though, as it isn't an anime. :wink:
Attachments
vanillatwist.jpg
vanillatwist.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 8915 times

Check who’s online