Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

DD22C2TC

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

yes I agree on that, but right now the cars have way to few grip! :) They fly out every corner easilly. Plus a little more grid will let it bounce and lean over in corners better. I will have to look for a good balance between grip and slipperyness
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Sounds about right hehe :D
Also noticed the fences were high on the track, guess that is to prevent cars from flying off the track? xD
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Yeah, it would be but there will be invisible walls to stop the cars from flying off the map aswell.

Harm, I just watched the Chalk Canyon video again, I think you should change the road texture inside the tunnels to a darkened raod texture, this would make it look as if the tunnel isn't lighted as opposed the only the floor being lighted and the rest of the tunnel in shade.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

It has been a bit silent here for a week now. I have been working my ass off for my graduation project, but I passed the exam! :) So it was all worth it.

I started work on the SCA ultimate speedway this morning and layed a nice beginning.

I've been working on the menu and finalized the track selection screen implementation. No track images yet, as they are not working properly so far.
The car physics are still under construction. It is very hard finding the right variables and knowing what to change and what not... Giving it softer suspension makes it gripless, giving it more grip makes the cars flip over, lowering the center of gravity makes them less bouncy... it's just hard, but I have no doubt i will figure out a nice setting.

expect some new screens when I get a little further on the track. ;)
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

[quote=Harmalarm]It has been a bit silent here for a week now. I have been working my ass off for my graduation project, but I passed the exam! :) So it was all worth it.

I started work on the SCA ultimate speedway this morning and layed a nice beginning.

I've been working on the menu and finalized the track selection screen implementation. No track images yet, as they are not working properly so far.
The car physics are still under construction. It is very hard finding the right variables and knowing what to change and what not... Giving it softer suspension makes it gripless, giving it more grip makes the cars flip over, lowering the center of gravity makes them less bouncy... it's just hard, but I have no doubt i will figure out a nice setting.

expect some new screens when I get a little further on the track. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, the balance will be hard, but we have faith :D
Looking forward to see more preveiws.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

here's a shot of the current SCA ultimate destruction speedway track

[nmg]img9.imageshack.us/img9/6180/scaspeedway.jpg[/nmg]

not really sexy yet. It still needs loads of work, but the basic track layout is done, scale is good, corners what they are supposed to be etc. This track will hopefully be very enjoyable with all the jumps and hills.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Looking good so far. Was always a fun track, SCA.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Looks very good, looking forward to see the elevations changes and such.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

track is progressing slowly but steadilly. Screenie just to show I'm still active ;)

[nmg]img59.imageshack.us/img59/8955/speedway1.jpg[/nmg]
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

[quote=Harmalarm]track is progressing slowly but steadilly. Screenie just to show I'm still active ;)
[/quote]

Love it :D
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Oooooh! Tasty.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

ahhh, almost there man! Time is short, but the track's static mesh is now done.

I will now add shadows using a different material darkness in the tunnels and I will add the 2d crowds.

screens;

[nmg]img534.imageshack.us/img534/1273/speedway2.jpg[/nmg]

[nmg]img338.imageshack.us/img338/2927/speedway3.jpg[/nmg]

[nmg]img706.imageshack.us/img706/6420/speedway4.jpg[/nmg]
TTR
Psycho Maniac

DD22C2TC

Post by TTR »

Oh yeaaah great stuff!
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Oh my god... that looks stunning! I specially love the crossover-jump section :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

DD22C2TC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nice steady progress Harm!
In case you don't know it yet: you can load transparency for these sprites easily by loading the B/W alpha channel as the opacity texture in the same material.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

DONE!

next up; Black Sail valley

going a bit crazy with images now :p

[nmg]img62.imageshack.us/img62/2254/dd2modhw201003312011499.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img34.imageshack.us/img34/3305/dd2modhw201003312014023.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img408.imageshack.us/img408/6522/dd2modhw201003312017134.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img11.imageshack.us/img11/3608/dd2modhw201003312018056.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img408.imageshack.us/img408/522/dd2modhw201003312019310.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img249.imageshack.us/img249/6411/dd2modhw201003312020163.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img100.imageshack.us/img100/585/dd2modhw201003312021284.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img28.imageshack.us/img28/7286/dd2modhw201003312022181.jpg[/nmg]
[nmg]img214.imageshack.us/img214/8332/dd2modhw201003312023207.jpg[/nmg]
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

The omg-train is coming :

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg that's damn nice! It looks exactly like in the DD2 game, just better :)

I have a request tho, please not let the red car be your start car, make the 01 black/yellow one :p
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

heh, sure, that car is simply the 00 number so first in line. But I will make sure the 01 cars are the players starting car. ;)
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

You're the man :)
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

DD22C2TC

Post by DEMENTOR »

Crazy good!
So wierd seeing it like that, just gives DD2 a new lease of life in a way.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

Black sail valley is taking shape. The mod is coming closer and closer to completion. :p

[nmg]img25.imageshack.us/img25/2711/blacksailvalley.jpg[/nmg]
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

It looks superb, remember to make the jump badass ;)
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

DD22C2TC

Post by DEMENTOR »

Ahaaa. My favourite track, looks great mate!
Just a quick little question, will there be an option to include peds in the races? Or will we just have to enter the lines of text ourselves. (which I don't mind really)
Still can't wait to try it all out!
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

DD22C2TC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It's already been quite a while since you started this mod and you're still kicking!
Nice to see such a project progressing steadily and in a very inspiring way.
I must still finish the menus hacking, remind me next week!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

[quote]Just a quick little question, will there be an option to include peds in the races? Or will we just have to enter the lines of text ourselves.[/quote]

Peds will be totally removed from the c2 installation. Peds do not belong in a destruction derby environment, and since I want to strip the c2 install as much as possible, they are gone.

If you really want to have peds, which I still think is weird, you might copy all content of the mod over a clean install of the game. Then manual editing of the track txt files will give you peds.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Very sexy, Harm.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

Black Sail valley done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk98chK3Tlg

another movie for you guys. Two more tracks to go now, the Cross Country Raceway will be an easy one, and after that the final one, the SCA motorway.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Omg! Looks great! :)
See the physics have gotten an upgrade aswell, it seems balanced now. It's a challenge to drive, but yet - fun and fast enough to send the cars flying.

Just two more tracks before this baby is out... can't wait!

One thing tho, the time limit. Are there some way to remove this instead og bringing up the cheat meny? Would suck to have a time limit to be honest :D
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Great work, Harm, you remember what to do after it's all finished? ;)

Re: Time Limits - The time limits could just be set to 99:00, I guess.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

Hey guys, thanx for the replies. I also cannot wait to get this thing finished, also for the sake of being able to start other projects. :) But we are getting closer and closer.

the time limit will not be an issue. I will find a way to get rid of it somehow I suppose. There still are some other issues left though, which I am not sure I can fix...

The bowl tracks for example use specific starting points for the opponents. However, the player's car will always start in the default starting grid, which keeps the count of the amount of players. Because the player is randomly placed within this grid, you sometimes end up outside the arena bowls, and sometimes all the way at the other end. I've tried finding the grid settings, but cannot find them and I cannot seem to place the player outside the default grid either. I hope this is fixable, but I'm having my doubts.

Other issue is the blue boxes in the top part of the hud. It's a minor issue, not gameplay related, but it would still be nice to get rid of...
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

I am sure you will managed to find a work around for these issues mate :) If not, might be people around that know how to solve them (sadly I have no clue what so ever).
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

Today I tested the net play functionality of the Mod and I was pleased to discover that it played flawlessly at first try! :)

This means LAN-play WILL be available for the mod! And, if we manage to improve net-play speed, we might even play over the net? Hell yeah

just want to point out a little nice detail for you folks, notice the little custom car icons? :p

Last edited by Harmalarm on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Omg that is great!! Let's hope it's good enough to play on internet by hamachi and such :D Please, post a video of the LAN session or something, want to look how it flows over the net :)
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

[quote=Dudleif]Omg that is great!! Let's hope it's good enough to play on internet by hamachi and such :D Please, post a video of the LAN session or something, want to look how it flows over the net :)[/quote]

it was Lan play. Internet play will work the same way as the original game will, meaning you will need a fast connection speed to prevent lagg and out of sync.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

[quote=Harmalarm][quote=Dudleif]Omg that is great!! Let's hope it's good enough to play on internet by hamachi and such :D Please, post a video of the LAN session or something, want to look how it flows over the net :)[/quote]

it was Lan play. Internet play will work the same way as the original game will, meaning you will need a fast connection speed to prevent lagg and out of sync.[/quote]

TTR. :)

Check who’s online