Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

It's here! :sglasses: The beta version of my Grandcarma Mod.

I found out it is a year ago since my last release... :) My god, has it been so long allready...

the files can be found over at H.A.R.M

Installation instructions are in the readme in the Zip file. The file is about 50 Mb.

just a quick few quick notes;

Backup you San Andreas, because this will make the original game unplayable

This mod has been setup for San Andreas 1.0 and 1.1. For the people that have 2.0, it will be a bit more complicated. Info can be found over here Making GTA SA 2.0 Fully moddable. I assume it will give problems still...

I'm currently a bit buzy and will not be able to assist in any problems over the weekend. Next week I will have more time to elaborate on certain area's and to offer help if needed.

Have fun!

Tags:
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

I've got 64 nodes files and hwen i do all the instructions and run the game t crashes afterl oading just abit more than 3/4 of the progress bar.

Am i doing something wrong?

My version is certainly not 2.0.

Another thing i just checked mine is 1.0

Now in your mod archive there's a directory called scripts.
yet my original sa uses a directory called script.

I'm going to check for more of these weird things.

I don't know if this even works as it is now...
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Ah,

thanx for pointing that out Killer 11. I made a little mistake there, the folder should be called script indeed. I will change the total package, but you can put the script file in the data/script folder...

Does it work then?

edit; Damn, another folder mistake is the models folder, it shouln't be in the data folder. Copy the file called nodes.img to the models folder located in the mail Sa directory.

and another file was missing in the main directory. Extract this file to data/maps/grandcarma

And there I was thinking I did an accurate job... geez... Anyway, It should work then. I will update the main file... :( Sorry for the inconvenience

EDIT2

okay, i've uploaded the new files, just under the same download link. I tested it (AGAIN) on an empty install and it worked for me, so it should for you too. Be sure to extract both the data and models folder directly to the games directory. that's it basically. Tell me if it did work now please. :)
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

NIIIICE.

I just wanted to help and it worked.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Thanx for pointing it out. Guess I was a bit to hasty afterall... :)
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

Since this forum really isn't that active I'd suggest you to update your MODDB site with some new pics and announcing beta 2.

It would get you more players.
coffeycup
Genesis

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by coffeycup »

I tried using this downgrader patch to get my version from v.2 to v.1.
http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/fil ... atch;74661
After running it the patch said it was applied successfully.
Though when I ran MapCleaner it stopped halfway through with an 'Invalid pointer index'.
Even so, I figured I'd keep going. I unzipped the remaining files into into the gaming folder.

I started up GTA and chose 'new game' - is that what I do? It crapped out a few seconds later.
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

Well you DID buy the game.
Therefore it is legal to you to download it now. As you already have paid for it. So if all else fails just get 1.0 off the net.
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

http://www.instantimagehosting.com/stor ... a_Beta.png

Doublepost for great justice.

This mod rules.

Ye there are glitches everywhere but map aint finished yet.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

[quote=coffeycup]I tried using this downgrader patch to get my version from v.2 to v.1.
http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/fil ... atch;74661
After running it the patch said it was applied successfully.
Though when I ran MapCleaner it stopped halfway through with an 'Invalid pointer index'.
Even so, I figured I'd keep going. I unzipped the remaining files into into the gaming folder.

I started up GTA and chose 'new game' - is that what I do? It crapped out a few seconds later.[/quote]
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing as killer 11 there. Why not download 1.0... I know it sucks having to do that, but it will probably save you more time afterwards, than it will cost you beforhand. I think the patch just didn't do such a good job afterall...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Damn big! There are some bugs indeed, but seriously it's fucking great. Can't wait to see all this filled with peds and cars n'shit*yo!
Great work there sir Harm.

[img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3216 ... ma2bv2.jpg[/img]
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Hi guys,

ah, great! Thanx for testing. Yes there is still a lot of fixing and pimping to do eh? But that'll be done... After this weekend I will have some time to work on it again, and I spread the word about the beta to the public (more gta related sites)

Good to see you guys like it and that it works!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

I've added a gtf file that contains all the locations of the dirrenent racetrakcs. This file can be used by the Crazy trainer. Just open the file with the teleporter function, and warp yourself to all the tracks to check em out!

it's over here --> Grandcarma.gtf (right click, save as grandcarma.gtf)
Just place it in the places folder, created by the trainer. It's in the main directory where the trainer executable is.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It's gonna be VERY handy :tup:
'Cause it's like... too big...

How much work will it be to prepare paths, place peds and objects etc ? It's so big :errr:
Those trees you already placed often do work very well, I fail to recognize it's actually Carma in some places because of that.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Well the path creation (actual line drawing in 3dmax) isn't that hard, but making it run without errors... geezz... that's different. I haven't done ped and car paths in a while, and have to read in again about the subject. (specially connecting roads is tricky )but I guess, once I know the basics it can go quite fast... But I really can't give any timeline... :uho:

and the object placing... yeah, that's just manual labour and takes a while. I'm doing a part every day, just before I get sick of it again. :uho:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The places for the teleporter are damn useful indeed.
Is there any way to access the Silo, Hell, the Mine and the Surreal Thing without using it?

Also I noticed a heat effect in the Silo, is it there on purpose ? If so, that's a good idea :tup:

[img]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9259/88707709pv6.jpg[/img]
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

first of all what i want to say - its f*in big! amazing! i've traveling in grancarma 'bout an hour!
very good job, it's qool that y've done this stuff! now i want to drive eagle by econobrick on these streets, how i usually do in carma=))
so on the other side of the coin - it's dead city of course.. but that's only a time question i think))
by the way - wtf? o_O
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/268 ... 7d1d_o.jpg[/img]
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

See. Now that's the place from where Ceiling Cat watches you mastrubate.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by TTR »

Oh lol...ceiling cat XD

Can access underground areas by portals, in which Harm had to place them above the outdoor maps cause else we couldn't access them..
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

where these portals are situated?
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Hi,

well hazardic, you've discovered the drawback of the 4x view distance modification. Yeah, you can see the sky maps hanging above... :nyaha:

I can try to mask them with a big plane, but I think I might try putting them a LOT higher first, see what the limits are of SA. They are allready 1500 units above sea level... :sglasses: And I can limit the LOD models to be viewed from a smaller distance only. I think I can fix it easilly.
(and I can't 'hide' them under sea level, because the engine won't permit the player to reach below -150 units)

anyway, yeah, the maps will be accesable with teleports, but I didn't make 'm yet. :) You'll have to use the teleporter of the trainer for now.

@tosh; no, actually the heat effect occurs sometimes during gameplay. It is a part of the engine's weather system, making the weather hot on certain times of the day.
The Silo is foggy though, because it is in the cloads, this effect is accidental, but fits the map pritty good I guess. :nyaha:
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

the more i explore it, the more i like it!
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/269 ... 762c_o.jpg[/img]
all maps are logically situated (exept inca pacitated - i think it must be under snow maps. btw - an ice on these maps is buggy - of course i understand thats a beta)))
now i imagine that map like "600ft under" may be located like the map armourgeddon - optional with some rocky maps or INSIDE or under some rocky map - and not to worry 'bout ugly scary sky=)))
what do you think?))

also when i flew around grancarma i've noticed lacking maps like jail brake and surreal thing..
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Yes, you're right about the incapacitated map, it's not really nicely located over there. I think, I should have done a better job when I would have fitted it somewhere near the desert-tracks, but I really think I don't want to change all of that now.... You have no Idea how long it will take me... :)

Ehm, and the Surreal thing (machnaghem enviromental disaster )and the jail break track (machnachem rural development) are certainly there, but also floating in the sky. :) Use the teleport posistions for the trainer to get there I'd say.

abaout placing the maps underneath other maps. I tried doing that, but it didn't look good at all. It is very hard to fit them nicely under the maps, also because most of the maps are related to the water and cannot be 'lifted' up to fit the other one below. (see what i mean?)
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by TTR »

Also i've got a nice map skin for the Incapacitated map, which makes the map snowy (it was from a Xmas demo)...maybe an idea? It's just a skin so easy to alter? Unless you had alter the textures..
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

OMG... that is a brilliant Idea! I knew you had that skin, but just didn't think of it... How stupid! :uho: That way I can make the transition a lot better and only have to change a number of textures. If it's okay with you I want to give it a try, see how it looks.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by TTR »

Ofcourse it's ok or else i didn't tell you :grin:
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

Yes! i also have snowy inca in my carma maps - that idea came in my head too when i traveled..
thats really good decision

well done soldier! u found this mystic hazardous place..
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/269 ... cc86_o.jpg[/img]
great stuff! but i think jail brake can be somewhere in the ocean for example - it's a jail after all)) it may be an island
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

continuing testing
i like this position of armourgeddon map under fridge racer! very attractive!
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/270 ... 729e_o.jpg[/img]
i think that map like 600 ft under (as i've already told) can be situated like this. of course - now it will take more time to remade but thats just a suggestion)) and a surreal thing may be somewhere in the sea as jail break (as as i've already told too) because it has a sea under map in original disposal
so now i understans that it was a great work to unite this all - good work again!
ps if i can to model like u i can to help u with some remade.. but i dont know how to model..
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Yes, I agree that the both maps should be in the water somewhere, but I am bound by the 6000 x 6000 square units, so I cannot go more to the side of the worldmap, you see? What I could do is create a second layer of water very high in the sky. I hope this is possible, but didn't test it yet.

Thanx for testing by the way, great to see the screenshots. :smile:

I'm currently fixing the curvewalks in the bleak city disctrict. Allmost fixed all of them, and got rid of all the ugly see through lines there. :heh:

I'm also planning on making something special in the water area, between the airport and the racetrack there. You'll see what I have in mind later, as a surprize. :smile:
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

hmm.. we shall wait for it
and btw - as i see some areas with water (idustrial injury, 600 ft under, maim street and other maps with some capacitys and pools) isn't possible to fill water due with engine limitations?
i remember that in vc and sa there are pools in some place under the sea level..

found some bug - it seems like sea waves come up through the ground o_O
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/270 ... 4dc3_o.jpg[/img]
it looks too scary +_+

continuing collect bugs)) (sorry about it - but it may be interesting..)
here some water split the rocks - when u come into it, u can swim=)) but make 2 steps - and u can walk as usual
[img align=L]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3228/270 ... 6c4e_o.jpg[/img]

i knew some places (one of them into this tunnel) which have something like invisible wall - u drive your bike/car and bam! u crashing into something.. but u can walk by foot throught this wall - thats interesting

and this idea with the train road is great - it unites all districts of grancarma! thats really great!
R66C
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by R66C »

Hey, Harm, Great work you did! Then, I have an idea of an upgrade - just like TTR said 'bout the textures, so, I suppose, that maybe you can give a try to hires track reskins? I know here's many of them floatin' 'round the community, so the only thing you need is authors permission maybe... I'm sure that grandcarma will looks even better than now with 'em.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

@hazardic; thanx for pointing out that water thingy. It's right though, I had made a new water file, but it seems to have more errors than the old one. :heh:

I'l recreate it more accurately, so we don't have those stupid waves underneath the level. :)

The tunnel invisible wall thing I also notices. I'm pritty sure I can fix it though, sometimes it just happens with the collision files. I'll have a look at it. And yeah, I also thought it is a great way to connect them . I'll make some trainstations later, in order to make it more realistic.

@R66C; Well, that's a pritty good Idea, and I'm sure I can do that. But I think I will save that for later, and first try to get these models working properly. But yeah, I agree, It will improve the mod very much I guess. :nice:
Killer11
hit n run

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Killer11 »

When will we be able to download your latest fix that fixed sidewalk see-trough bug and switched one part of the map to winter?
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by Harmalarm »

Yes, good question. I will upload the Grandcarma.IMG file today. That contains the new textures and the sidewalk fix. I'l probably do it in the late afternoon/evening.

I'm currently experimenting with vertex lighting a bit, very interesting and promising progress. I'll show some results later today.
hazardic
motorised death

Grandcarma Beta 2.0

Post by hazardic »

yeah - i'm very interested this promising progress=)

Check who’s online