Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma-Life² Release

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma-Life² Release

Post by TTR »

Textures can't go higher then 256x256 max period.
Draw distance is not recommended higher then what it is now since the engine has a hard time to go above it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Just start a new game or delete the file SAVEGAME.ARS, and you'll be able to add new cars whitout them showing up in the list.
And you'll have the normal amount of money as well.
Oh and I'm the creator of the mod, though it's based on the community work created over the years, and there's a lot of people who directly help me.

I plan to change the physics of the game with ChevyII's realistic physics. It will make the game very different to what you know so far. And the difficulty will be enhanced. However the APO per class of car you're suggesting is not possible. We can't mod the engine enough for that ; same goes with implementing new graphics engine or such. No way if we haven't any source.
About the draw distance, the default in CL2 is 75 I think, and believe me it's enough. Try to load Hard Truck Apocalypse + General Lee + a lot of other detailed cars... A lot of people report me framerate issues, so I'd rather keep the draw distance at a normal value and keep some detailed models.
As TTR said, the engine reaches its limits here. We'd need a newer revision WITH DYNAMIC DAMAGE (Novadrome hasn't, neither have other Beelzebub based games so far (or we didn't spot them yet)).

You see... the point is not really to make a brand new game out of the C2 engine, it would be useless as the engine is way too old to be enjoyable in that way I think ; but rather to give C2 the chance to live some more years till the next real C2 replacement game ('hope we'll not have to do it ourself...), and show to the rest of the world what came up in this community for about 10 years.
And hopefully... the online mode :D
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
†TYRANICK†™
mechanic

Carma-Life² Release

Post by †TYRANICK†™ »

[quote=Toshiba]Just start a new game or delete the file SAVEGAME.ARS, and you'll be able to add new cars whitout them showing up in the list.
And you'll have the normal amount of money as well.
Oh and I'm the creator of the mod, though it's based on the community work created over the years, and there's a lot of people who directly help me.

I plan to change the physics of the game with ChevyII's realistic physics. It will make the game very different to what you know so far. And the difficulty will be enhanced. However the APO per class of car you're suggesting is not possible. We can't mod the engine enough for that ; same goes with implementing new graphics engine or such. No way if we haven't any source.
About the draw distance, the default in CL2 is 75 I think, and believe me it's enough. Try to load Hard Truck Apocalypse + General Lee + a lot of other detailed cars... A lot of people report me framerate issues, so I'd rather keep the draw distance at a normal value and keep some detailed models.
As TTR said, the engine reaches its limits here. We'd need a newer revision WITH DYNAMIC DAMAGE (Novadrome hasn't, neither have other Beelzebub based games so far (or we didn't spot them yet)).

You see... the point is not really to make a brand new game out of the C2 engine, it would be useless as the engine is way too old to be enjoyable in that way I think ; but rather to give C2 the chance to live some more years till the next real C2 replacement game ('hope we'll not have to do it ourself...), and show to the rest of the world what came up in this community for about 10 years.
And hopefully... the online mode :D[/quote]
Oh I see...

Wait...frame rate issues?! you have got to be pulling my leg, fraps tells me i get over 200 consistantly. I have no lag issues at all. But ok...its just well it isnt really far enough lol.

Well you dont have to make a brand new game lol, I was at first wondering if you could write the whole mod in LUA if you have ever heard of LUA, kinda sister of c++ except freindlier, more efficient and flexible.

And umm...you cant start a new game, it either crashes with the "no track selected" thingy or just throws me into a race, but i'll try your method.

Anyway the thing with LUA is that its so flexible you could practically tell it to run the engine for you instead or if needed a completely over hauled one, and with any experience anything is possible with it, I my self know no way of doing this lol but im sure it's possible.

Does CL2 have a console? Hell i could screw around with the draw distance my self heh.

ChevyII's realistic physics? Whats that like, does it include any think/func or patient capabilities? As in, can it detect force/speed and predict math or mathrandom, vector based positioning and simulated real time physics, damage, mass etc? I've been working with source (Hl2, counter strike source etc) for a while and know of manyprograms which can simulate it, but i doubt C2 engine could handle it lol.

But yeah your right in the end it has its limits, mean while though i wish you all the best with this Mod, hope it goes well (add more HL2 sounds :)!!). Good luck.
crash
hit n run

Carma-Life² Release

Post by crash »

Yea as far as framerate goes, people with lower-end machines have trouble with a framerate over 30, let alone hitting tripple digits. Just depends on machine set up and such that determines the best draw distance. My machine can handle about 100 with it being a celeron with 512 megs of ram and a 128 meg ati card before it bogs down to being unbearable to play on my laptop. So if you're hitting 200 fps, you're damn lucky :wink:
†TYRANICK†™
mechanic

Carma-Life² Release

Post by †TYRANICK†™ »

[quote=crash]Yea as far as framerate goes, people with lower-end machines have trouble with a framerate over 30, let alone hitting tripple digits. Just depends on machine set up and such that determines the best draw distance. My machine can handle about 100 with it being a celeron with 512 megs of ram and a 128 meg ati card before it bogs down to being unbearable to play on my laptop. So if you're hitting 200 fps, you're damn lucky :wink:[/quote]
Wel wouldnt say 200, i think there is a cap, but its well over 150, also.

Why are so many of you playing this game with low end machines? I mean, no offense but it's like this forum is in its own time zone hehe, but then again anything more than a geforce...card of sorts lol can fully play this.

Anywho...

How do you increase the draw distance? I cant find which file to modify...and i thought there was a console on C2 lol, thats my last question really until i find something else lol.

Now then tosh, what can we expect from this new physics? a gravity improvement i hope, because going 40mph over a jump seems to propell you further than a boucny ball with wings (?) =P.

Also is the speedo in KPH or MPH? Not that it really matters.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@ Tyranick : I'd be really interested to know your config. Most people using CL2 have higher end computer. Don't assume too fast. People with low end comps stay with vanilla C2. Everyone has framerate issues so far, even Wolverine with a 2.9Ghz P4 Quad Core + 4GB RAM + 8800GTX. Same for TTR with a similar config. As we said, there's a limit in the engine. You probably didn't play enough with it yet.

And man... C2 has almost ten years... what do you expect it to be like ? Some new modulable game like HL2 or such ?
Carma2 has been made with 3dsMax 2 and Visual C++ 5 or older. There's no source or anything, just some very old tools we have to struggle with in order to create something. So don't even think about modding the physic and graphic engine, all we can do is boost and adjust. But yeah the new physics regulate gravity correctly but also damage, shocks, speed/acceleration, etc ; but every car must be edited separately in order to work correctly. That's a lot of work.
About improving the graphic engine, we tought about adding an OpenGL layer (much like Wolv is doing with C2Online) which would add some GFX, but it's in fact useless as it would slow down the game even more and wouldn't do it right as the original engine is really too primitive ; parts must be rewritten before trying to go further.
However.... what we could someday try to do is extend some memory related values, like the model storage area, amount of available tracks, max amount of textures, max amount of opponents, etc. But we'd first need to see where those values are stored in memory before changing them via a little program or script. I guess Wolv could help for such things, but I'd rather not bother him until he's done with C2O :P

Two ways to change draw distance :
-edit data\OPTIONS.txt and change the Yon value (not Yon factor !), 35 is the original value if I remember well, 75 the value in CL2, you can put 1000 if you want... Then load the Hard Truck Apocalypse track with 10 opponents :P
-Type the LAPMYLOVEPUMP cheat ingame, press F4 to enter the OPTIONS MODE and adjust with F6 / SHIFT+F6.

Speedometer is MPH.
†TYRANICK†™
mechanic

Carma-Life² Release

Post by †TYRANICK†™ »

[quote=Toshiba]@ Tyranick : I'd be really interested to know your config. Most people using CL2 have higher end computer. Don't assume too fast. People with low end comps stay with vanilla C2. Everyone has framerate issues so far, even Wolverine with a 2.9Ghz P4 Quad Core + 4GB RAM + 8800GTX. Same for TTR with a similar config. As we said, there's a limit in the engine. You probably didn't play enough with it yet.

And man... C2 has almost ten years... what do you expect it to be like ? Some new modulable game like HL2 or such ?
Carma2 has been made with 3dsMax 2 and Visual C++ 5 or older. There's no source or anything, just some very old tools we have to struggle with in order to create something. So don't even think about modding the physic and graphic engine, all we can do is boost and adjust. But yeah the new physics regulate gravity correctly but also damage, shocks, speed/acceleration, etc ; but every car must be edited separately in order to work correctly. That's a lot of work.
About improving the graphic engine, we tought about adding an OpenGL layer (much like Wolv is doing with C2Online) which would add some GFX, but it's in fact useless as it would slow down the game even more and wouldn't do it right as the original engine is really too primitive ; parts must be rewritten before trying to go further.
However.... what we could someday try to do is extend some memory related values, like the model storage area, amount of available tracks, max amount of textures, max amount of opponents, etc. But we'd first need to see where those values are stored in memory before changing them via a little program or script. I guess Wolv could help for such things, but I'd rather not bother him until he's done with C2O :P

Two ways to change draw distance :
-edit data\OPTIONS.txt and change the Yon value (not Yon factor !), 35 is the original value if I remember well, 75 the value in CL2, you can put 1000 if you want... Then load the Hard Truck Apocalypse track with 10 opponents :P
-Type the LAPMYLOVEPUMP cheat ingame, press F4 to enter the OPTIONS MODE and adjust with F6 / SHIFT+F6.

Speedometer is MPH.[/quote]
Exaclty my config, thats why. it doesnt matter if you have a quad core, 4 gigs of ram, a 8800gtx, its all to do with how your hardware and software work together, ok my specs.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ w/2.21 GHz Performance Rated at 3.50 GHz
1.5 gigs of ram
Xp pro SP2
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS w/512 mb ram
dx9.0c

Doesnt look uber, doesnt look crap. i've had my comp for just over 7 months, altough not dual core, jesus it handles anything well, so far ive found no game unplayable, so far any game ive played has consistantly stayed well over 30fps MIN (most ive ever had is 280 in GMOD10/SMOD max specs, until valve updated an introduced an overclock supresser.) but for some reason CL2 seems to be capped at 60, same for C2 (only because it goes no higher or lower) and i dont know how to remove it lol. Just by the way mine is set up...

And i have tried this extensively, only crashes have been certain cars when they crumple, and trying to put more than 30 oppenents in. haha fun! As for lag? None ever... honestly, only once but i did kinda have my AV going on full blast in the background lol.

And dude...you misunderstood me, i know C2 is 10 years old, and i know its not like HL2 (sex :D). Im aware if its production fabrics and capability (such to your knowledge i apologise i should of said)

I was simply asking what the physics engine mod your adding contained...i wasnt asking how to do it my self...

I basically was trying to dig into this mod and see what was happening with it, and now (abit to late lol) have found that it is indeed mostly cosmetic, hell being fair it is, it looks great dont get me wrong, just at one point i thought it as an over haul, i was wrong sorry.

I was just merely saying...if this was re-written on a new engine, source/havoc/CC2/UT3 or whatever, it would be a hell of alot easier, sure more work but LUA is your freind lol.

But alas you have cleared it up, there's only so much we can do with this engine, I admit i forgot how old it was, but still, no need to be so stern to me lol.

And thankyou, i shall accept your challenge for the hard truck apocalyse thing, and report back with results xD.

Speedo is mph?! jesus christ...just odd how some things that weigh 30 tonnes can go over 300 lol.

Ok well thanks for the info, we got there :)
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma-Life² Release

Post by TTR »

Capped? It's probably vertical synced, check the glidewrapper and/or nvidia's control panel.

Cars that have strange speeds etc, you must not forget C2 is a arcade game, totally not sim, not in racing anyway.

My config is Intel E6600 (almost typed 6660 lol) 2 cores (so 2x 2.40ghz)
2GB of ram
8800GTX 768mb
DX 10 :grin:

BTW are you also running with 16Qx AA and 16x AF? and all the rest of nvidia control panels 3D settings? 'Cause you know, that can also strongen the output quality onscreen :smile:

Also maybe HL2 is sex for you, but i don't see dynamic damage in there? That's what is sex in Carma :smile:
And I find the D3 engine alot nicer though. (but that could be just me~~)
GMod10 though has to be the best mod in years. It is indeed fun to make a spree of NPC's in GMod10 and that drive over them with all kinda your own made Carma vehicles lol.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

/I've been replying to you point by point considering what you were talking about./
And about being stern, how do you expect me to reply to someone coming up with such a comment :
"Why are so many of you playing this game with low end machines? I mean, no offense but it's like this forum is in its own time zone hehe, but then again anything more than a geforce...card of sorts lol can fully play this." ?

Rewritten on a new engine ? Yeah sure... I'm pretty sure I'll try to code the fucking dynamic damage engine on my own and integrate it into another game engine... in LUA even !
Come on, just look around, our fun is to make nice things for C2 (we don't even really play it anymore actually) with the original engine, within the damn limits, using features the game has to offer to animate things and make them interactive, trying to prepare novelty items etc.

its all to do with how your hardware and software work together
Alas no... With C2, better hardware directly gives better performance. Sure if there's a stupid AV or firewall whatever working like an ass in background, it won't help.

So now... how did you came up with that 200 FPS at first while C2 is capped at 60...
"fraps tells me i get over 200 consistantly."
If you see what I mean... You don't look credible to me.
†TYRANICK†™
mechanic

Carma-Life² Release

Post by †TYRANICK†™ »

[quote=Toshiba]/I've been replying to you point by point considering what you were talking about./
And about being stern, how do you expect me to reply to someone coming up with such a comment :
"Why are so many of you playing this game with low end machines? I mean, no offense but it's like this forum is in its own time zone hehe, but then again anything more than a geforce...card of sorts lol can fully play this." ?

Rewritten on a new engine ? Yeah sure... I'm pretty sure I'll try to code the fucking dynamic damage engine on my own and integrate it into another game engine... in LUA even !
Come on, just look around, our fun is to make nice things for C2 (we don't even really play it anymore actually) with the original engine, within the damn limits, using features the game has to offer to animate things and make them interactive, trying to prepare novelty items etc.

its all to do with how your hardware and software work together
Alas no... With C2, better hardware directly gives better performance. Sure if there's a stupid AV or firewall whatever working like an ass in background, it won't help.

So now... how did you came up with that 200 FPS at first while C2 is capped at 60...
"fraps tells me i get over 200 consistantly."
If you see what I mean... You don't look credible to me.[/quote]
Ok sorry...u dnt use low end machines chill out i was assuming wrong ok?

Also TTR is right, i have it Vsynced, i'll turn that off and see whats so, because it well it wasnt 200, its max 120 lol

And TTR as for the dynamic damage, yeah it isnt apparent in HL2, but is entirely possible to impliment, hell with the HL2:EP2 we mite be that bit just closer.

And tosh please calm down, i wasnt suggesting u do it ur self. try to read my post IF THIS WAS! does not mean, "this can and will be" dream and reality man.

And the thing about hardware and software is correct...you need consistancy...you can't put 4 gigs of ram in a pentium 2 computer and a geforce 8800 and expect it to work.And neither can you shove in a dual core processor with 1 gig of ram and expect better performance I dont know where you have obtained your knowledge but mine is fact, consistancy = peak.

But im sorry for any hostility dude, i didnt intent for it, ill leave now lol
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

"And the thing about hardware and software is correct...you need consistancy...you can't put 4 gigs of ram in a pentium 2 computer and a geforce 8800 and expect it to work.And neither can you shove in a dual core processor with 1 gig of ram and expect better performance I dont know where you have obtained your knowledge but mine is fact, consistancy = peak."

My knowledge comes from facts as well, dude. I for sure have tested the damn game on a lot of rigs.
And you're talking about hardware only here, stating facts that are just part of the common sense.
I'd rather like you to talk about how you manage the software part on your own. I.e. how you tweak the DirectX/OpenGL layer to handle your specific hardware better or whatever you do on the software side etc. Show me /constitancy/, not stupid hypothesis, and tell me how it's supposed to help that poor C2 engine handle 500k polys (with 100k with dynamic damage).
†TYRANICK†™
mechanic

Carma-Life² Release

Post by †TYRANICK†™ »

[quote=Toshiba]"And the thing about hardware and software is correct...you need consistancy...you can't put 4 gigs of ram in a pentium 2 computer and a geforce 8800 and expect it to work.And neither can you shove in a dual core processor with 1 gig of ram and expect better performance I dont know where you have obtained your knowledge but mine is fact, consistancy = peak."

My knowledge comes from facts as well, dude. I for sure have tested the damn game on a lot of rigs.
And you're talking about hardware only here, stating facts that are just part of the common sense.
I'd rather like you to talk about how you manage the software part on your own. I.e. how you tweak the DirectX/OpenGL layer to handle your specific hardware better or whatever you do on the software side etc. Show me /constitancy/, not stupid hypothesis, and tell me how it's supposed to help that poor C2 engine handle 500k polys (with 100k with dynamic damage).[/quote]
How do i tweak it? I didnt, i had mine built by my brothers mate who is rather pyschotically well intuitive on computers, hell it baffles me what he cant do, not found aything yet.

Btw its Consistancy, stupid hypothosis? Dude...all i can really tell from my set up is that is obv over clocked, the ram although 1.5g for some reason reports either 1.2-1.8 depening up what games I use.

My card the 7600gs, Has for some reason specialised configurations that i can tweak, graphically and performance wise, im at school atm so specifics cant be taken, but basically it comes with some overclocking software and something called "Global gaming configurator" As developed by my bro's mate, basically it forces the directX to pump out more than its capable of, normally a 7600gs is no where near as good as an 8800gtx, and im not saying it's better, im just saying mine is synced, same with my processor, default its only 2.2ghz but performance again is determined by what application im using, for "can I run it.com" (a pc game calculator) HL2 says my computer performance is 3.52ghz. For something like prey its 3.45 and for some reason Oblivian is just 2.99.

Why it does that? I dont know, i dont know how it uses the exact required amount for each game, but Unfortunatly for C2 and older games, not using DX or openGl its hard to tell the performance, all i know from that is i get an average of 70fps with 120 or so being the peak.

Huh? Dude your puttin words in my mouth now, or text in my post lol, i never said it can help C2 run with what...500k poly with 100k DYD?! dude stop it!

Shall we just put all of this behind us and i'll say it again as simple as possible? Ok I will.

All i was originally asking was what will the mod develop into, how will this new physics engine affect the game, and to what limits can it go. I get it, you have told me now, I uderstand and was mistaken on what you were doing, im sorry again, i shouldnt be having the arguement to you, getting me into a massive hardware software debate is pointless

To conclude, i will now shut up about my computer and how it plays the game, none of you care anyway, i just wanted to clear all this up.

Now I say again good luck with your mod, I hope it turns out as intended, now no more fighting.
Mad Maxx
driver

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Mad Maxx »

Hi again, guys. :) I'm back with my own machine. :) Not very good but enough to play Carbon without problem. :) And now I wanna play Carma and a few other games but damn - they do not support FX6200. :( So, can you remind me what was the full name or give me a link to this graphics glider? I used uncle Google but I don't remember the program's name and found middle finger, as we say in Bulgaria. :(
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma-Life² Release

Post by coffeycup »

I think you're looking for Zeckensack's Glide wrapper.
http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/
Mad Maxx
driver

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Mad Maxx »

Yep. :) Exactly. Thanks a lot! :) I had forgotten its name.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I compiled the package with the final (v1.0.1.4) version of Carma-Life 2!

The changes are :

- "Integrated" Zeckensack's GW into CL2;
- Removed Direct3D by default;
- Changed the launcher slightly (removed D3D entry and put shortcut to GW settings instead);
- Enabled the Steel Gonad O Death cheat by default;
- Included archives to go back to previous launcher with D3D and dgVoodoo-capable;
- Fixed the missing PhillipIsland track entries;
- No more UHA SFX installation, self extracting RAR now.

You can download it at RR2000. If you only wanna update you current CL2 installation, just unpack the RAR in a temporary folder, copy the data from the root of the final CL2 (exe, bdd, dll and stuff) and overwrite the files in your normal installation. I hope it's clear enough~
gamer
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by gamer »

the only problem i have with carma-life 2 is with the main font screen.it cant allocate it or something.
if some one knows how to fix it plz tell me.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi,

A few other people encounter the same problem as you both in Carmageddon2 and CL2.
It seems to be system dependant, and we haven't yet found what's causing it. The error is pretty random as it appears it can go away for no apparent reason.

Have you tried to install the dg_and_d3d files ? They are located in the /misc folder. You might try to run the game in D3D mode or with dgVoodoo as glidewrapper.
gamer
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by gamer »

Yup i installed dg_and_d3d files and its still said the same thing :decu:.
oh and 1 question...
wat do yall use to make ur cars?
Tarquin
hit n run

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Tarquin »

Er........what actually is this mod because I don't see anything anywhere telling me what it actually does.

I'm thinking that its some kind of Half life TC?
Killer11
hit n run

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Killer11 »

It's a stand-alone Carmageddon 2 modification.
It takes carmageddon 2 and improves it's basic video and sound quality.
It's a great game-base on witch you can build your own carmageddon 2 with the cars you download(the modification has very few cars, only enough to make it playable).
Try it it's awesome.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@ gamer: Most of us use 3dsMax, Zmod or good ol'Cared.
@ Killer 11: Best description of the mod ever. Why can't I explain things so easely?
gamer
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by gamer »

Ok then...
Can you type the link to the 3Dmax...
Oh and im still kindof trying to figure out how to install the tracks into C2, so if you know a simple way to do it. just tell me.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

3ds Max costs like 3500$
I think you already know how to get it more easely uh?
Else you can try Blender : www.blender.org

About installing tracks, check this post :
http://cfe.toshiba-3.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1811#p1811
Shamko
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Shamko »

Hi guys, i guess im new here)).. id like to know one thing.. will this mod work on my old 3DFX pro.. HP Brio BA400.. its running Win98 and XP (at this moment only XP lives.. damn viruses).. 466mhz Celeron, 32mb integrated video (Intel 82810 graphics) and 512mb of RAM...?????

------------
hm.. i guess its two things now..
Ive downloaded the game and then started it.. and it said somthing about main monitor or somtn and ran off to the windows

[quote]beginning Glide2 log
grab_extensions failed, missing the minimum set of common GL extensions[/quote]
Is there a glide wrapper installed?.. how can i turn it off and use my pc`s power?
My original Carma2 is trashed after re-installing the *Advanced* mod.. so i cant get the original 3dfx settings file.. it was pissing me off so i deleted it with all the files and stuff.. now i have to look for the game AGAIN :sad:
Shamko
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Shamko »

Sorry.. everything is ok now.. i`ve found full Carma2 and used its engine to run the game.. ofcourse the game is solw becouse of high poly cars and tracks + BitSpirit + Firefox and ICQ were on at that time)) but it`s working..

I like the new smashed ped blood effect.. and those hl2 bugs))

Nice Mod.. Thanks ;)
Jackal.047
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Jackal.047 »

Hi,

Does anybody knows how it will run with an athlon xp 1100, 256 mb of ram and an integrated graphics card (SIS 650 i think).

Actually i can use some hi-res hi-poly cars and it runs fine in d3d only few times it get slower (like seaview dunes track) and crashes only while try loading the HTA track.

salu2
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma-Life² Release

Post by TTR »

LOL yes it can run it, C2's engine is prehistoric and can't handle too much polys/hi res textures on screen and HTA map doesn't crash, just load the map, go to the toilet etc, and it'll be ready..trust me.
Killer11
hit n run

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Killer11 »

erm his cpu is weak and his gfx card is barely an accelerator. He will have slowdowns, Heck I had a lot of slowdowns with twice the cpu power and GF 7600 GS.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma-Life² Release

Post by TTR »

Oh i didn't catch the intergrated graphics card...which is baaaaaaaad :grin:
Jackal.047
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Jackal.047 »

yeah, and when it's loading the map, after a few seconds of load it sends me to the descktop. Fuck!!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma-Life² Release

Post by TTR »

What error? and did you place everything in the right maps? Also you probably need the noncars...you can find that on WASTED! i think.
Jackal.047
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Jackal.047 »

it just sends me to the desktop. No error messages.

And i tried the blood in the tracks track in the same happends. I know how to install tracks every file is where needs to be. It's just that my pc sucks!!!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma-Life² Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yep, might simply be that your comp is too old. Even though I think I've been able to load all that on way slower comps. Can't be sure anymore.
But the fact that Blood On The Tracks doesn't work is weird as it's a proper track and that it doesn't require a high end config at all.
Also the game shouting no error message seems weird as well. That no-message-and-back-to-desktop crash is often related to a corrupted texture. Might not always be the case ofcourse, perhaps it's just hardware related~
gallarr
pedestrian

Carma-Life² Release

Post by gallarr »

Hi. I love your remake. Unfortunately I get the following error when I try to host a network game.

---------------------------
RGlide: Beelzebub.exe - Application error
---------------------------

Application Error : The instruction at "0x00468e58" referenced memory at "0x199dce80". The memory could not be "written".

[OK] [CANCEL]

I have experienced this error on several machines. Does it support network play or is this feature broken?

Good work :tup:

Check who’s online