Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Concpet car

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
HellFury
Banned

Concpet car

Post by HellFury »

I doubt any one cares, but heres a concept i'm working on.

Kitteh
Troll

DESIGN FLAWS

Post by Kitteh »

Another poor render

Also, the design doesn't flow at all. The middle and rear look curvy, but the front is really square and boxy. Those headlights look pretty small, I don't think you could project much light from those. It looks like your two vents in the side don't quite align properly. What's that vent behind the side windows for? Unless it's rear engined, that serves no purpose. The front wheel well looks tiny and those ridges in the front bumper corner don't do anything, don't flow with the rest of the car, and don't look all that good. That vent on the roof also looks silly, too big, too boxy, and would probably be unaerodynamic and not do anything. The model itself also looks pretty messy around the front and rear wheel wells. It looks like the front is from the 80's and everything behind the hood is from the mid 90's.
HellFury
Banned

Re: DESIGN FLAWS

Post by HellFury »

Poor render? how exactly is that a poor render, its the best render CarED can produce.

The middle and rear look curvy, but the front is really square and boxy

Wrong. The whole model is actually quite boxy, the only "smooth/curvy" parts are the intakes/vents

Those headlights look pretty small, I don't think you could project much light from those.

And who says? Obviously you have /no/ idea what you're talking about.

It looks like your two vents in the side don't quite align properly

They don't.

What's that vent behind the side windows for? Unless it's rear engined, that serves no purpose.

Stange, when did you major in aerodynamics?

The front wheel well looks tiny and those ridges in the front bumper corner don't do anything

The front wheel well is exactly the same size as the rear.

As for the "ridges" they do serve a purpose.

That vent on the roof also looks silly, too big, too boxy, and would probably be unaerodynamic and not do anything

The vent on the roof is actually quite small, maybe some how you got the idea that its super big an "unaerodynamic" but it is in fact not.

The model itself also looks pretty messy around the front and rear wheel wells.

What do you expect, theres no smoothing in CarED.

It looks like the front is from the 80's and everything behind the hood is from the mid 90's.

Ok, and whats your point? Maaaybe I might actually be aiming for something older than you.

... Oh, and by the way if you want to talk shit about rendering show me your best work. Then we'll talk

Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Concpet car

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well..... ya to me looks like a 90s type of asian sports car, most of it goes well, lights abit to small, cause i had a car with small lights, couldent see well, I had freind with jeep lots of big lights lit up the whole state,

but the thing that bugs me is the side vents, there mashed togeather in a bad way as if the car had been smashed from the side,

honistly that just dosent go togeather well, but on a posative i like the front end mstly.. just do well have nice stock looking interior and wheels that are resonable for road use and i think youll do ok :s
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

It takes some math to fix that, but it's possible.

Select a point from the edge of one component write down the coordinates, then do the same for the second component (with a point that should overlap the other point you already wrote down), then calcute the difference between them. Then use transition in CarEd, and move one component with that calculated difference, and your components should be together.

Edit: Hah, fuck, I just noticed this is Apex his thread... I just helped Apex :s
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Only thing is i aint talking about the door shuts, just the big vents, one from the front one from the back, they seem to crash togeather rather badly is all.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Poor render? how exactly is that a poor render, its the best render CarED can produce.
Well, you called my viewport grab a "poor render", so I figured you wouldn't mind if I did the same (notice how we're using your own words against you and you don't even notice)

Also, generally, when you post your work on a forum, you post it for criticism. So when someone posts some perfectly valid and constructive criticism (I forgot, you can't tell the difference), you don't have to prove every point wrong and get defensive (unless the only reason you're posting it is to start an argument). You really don't need to get revenge for everything we say :wink:

Also, if

I doubt any one cares,
then why did you post it here?

As for the "ridges" they do serve a purpose.
What purpose? To look stupid? :lol:

What do you expect, theres no smoothing in CarED.
I've been modeling in 3dsmax for 4 years and modeling in general for more than 5 - I know a messy model when I see one. Putting smoothing on your model might mask the messiness a tiny bit but you'll still see it, especially when you put reflections on it. The model is generally lumpy all over the place.

Stange, when did you major in aerodynamics?
Cooling vents have very little to do with aerodynamics. But anyone can tell that it doesn't do anything if there's no engine back there (unless you have trunk air conditioning? to keep your lube cool?) (hey, I made an ApeX joke, am I cool now?)

Ok, and whats your point? Maaaybe I might actually be aiming for something older than you.
VERY witty. :wink:

... Oh, and by the way if you want to talk shit about rendering show me your best work. Then we'll talk
Oh ApeX, always trying to prove himself :lol:

EDIT: Here are the kind words of an anonymous patron regarding your car, ApeX:

the design is ass ugly and looks as though a sledge hammer was taken to quite a large portion of it
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Blah seriously?

I thought shitting on Apex faded out when he last left. Can't you guys get over it? :P

Nice looking concept, but I'll agree that I'm not sure the front matches the sides. The front has a sort of testarossa thing going on, which IMO could do with a bit of a more modern take :smile:
random_monkey
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I thought shitting on Apex faded out when he last left. Can't you guys get over it? :P

Nah. Maybe when he miraculously gains 30 IQ points and has a personality switch, but not now.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

How childish kitteh.... :oops:
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

How childish kitteh...
"So in other words you have no come back"

Oh yes, and your location being "Kitteh=Retard" is not at all childish.
HellFury
Banned

Post by HellFury »

Hey Mad_Maxine, hows this?

@Kittie. In reply to what, if you have something to say spit it out.
burnflesh
mechanic

Post by burnflesh »

that looks pretty sweet, I got some really crappy scribbles i'd love to drive around in wish i knew how to do some renders hehe :tongue:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

uh *wtf* bump
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online