Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Odd Version of Carmageddon 2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
crayzkirk
pedestrian

Odd Version of Carmageddon 2

Post by crayzkirk »

I just bought a dual jewel pack version of Carmageddon 2 and Crime Killer. These appear to be original and the packed was sealed. The cd does not contain any copy protection and I thought SafeDisc was used.

The game installs however in network play, there is no carnage accumulator game mode. Was this removed from Carmageddon 2 or do I have a demo version of the game?

Thanks for any and all information...

CK
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Re: Odd Version of Carmageddon 2

Post by Qwerty_86 »

I have the same version of the game (two-pack w/ Crime Killer). As far as I know, there is no carnage accumulator. And my version just defaults to single player mode upon installation.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I have the C2/Crime Killer version too.

Mine has Carnage Indicator, are you sure you're just not looking at one of the minimal HUDs?

Hit F1 to cycle through HUDs.

Never heard of it defaulting to Network play

crayzkirk
pedestrian

Post by crayzkirk »

Ok...

Must not have been clear about that! The game comes up in single player mode, however when creating a network game, there is no "Carnage Accumulator" game type as there was in the original game. That is the mode that we like to play.

Using IDA on the executable module shows this to be a Western European version of the program. There are no SafeDisc files on the CD; ie. no ICDs or Clokspl.exe to be found. Perhaps the US version was the one that required SafeDisc. I wonder if the USA version has the Carnage Accumulator Network game type selection...

I've read there are issues with the network play and running this under Windows XP. I'm currently on older hardware and software (Athlon XP, Win98SE) so it should play fine.

CK

Check who’s online