Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Redemption to all those of you who want to play TDR online!

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Redemption to all those of you who want to play TDR online!

Post by Teutonicus »

Are you guys sick of finding no TDR servers online or at gamespy???

I played Carmageddon1 for hours with my friends over IPX and it was the best game ever.

Now everybody lives in another city and we´re trying to get Carma3 games started over TC/IP. We are practically able to host a server, but we all failed so far. So I joined the CWA to find somebody helping me to start a server.

But here are our problems:

1. We opened all the required ports, fixed firewalls, we all have the same versions and we even tryed it with game spy. But without gamespy no server is visible and joining over game spy always brings the message "couldn´t connect to game". We spend hours to figure out what the problem is, but didnt succeed. Is there any nurde who has a clue what the problem might be?

2. If two people want to drive the same car, is there a way that they have two different skins? Because usually you only see the active skin. This means there are always two eagles with the same skin, even though you have differnt skins for it.

to De4mon:

the MAX pack is great and so easy to install. I would love to play it online some day.

The No-CD patch unfortunately doesn´t work.

Please help us to get a server started and then let´s hit the road and let some blood flow!

Deamon
turbo bastard

Re: Redemption to all those of you who want to play TDR online!

Post by Deamon »

I'm glad you like the MAX-Pack.

First try the regular (Nosebleed version) of TDR2000 to play online. You need the UK Patch even if you have the US version (install US patch first) to play with GameSpy I think. I've attached the TDR FAQ maybe there's something in there that could help. Maybe you can can plug your internet cable direct into your computer instead of using a router? Or disable your firewall and look if it works then (wrong config maybe?).

The MAX-Pack no-cd executable should work, if you get an error mesage then click continue or cancel and it should launch anyway. I'll attach the original NB executable in next post so you can play with CD. Don't install any patches on top of the MAX-Pack.

If you play MAX-Pack online, everybody needs the pack and same version too (mention it in the server name). I haven't tested it online but it works in LAN games.

You can also try Hamachi to play LAN games online.
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
Deamon
turbo bastard

Post by Deamon »

Here's the original NB (UK patch) .exe file for use WITH original TDR2000 CD and MAX-Pack.
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Thanks for helping Deamon.

The version I and my friends use is UK v1.159. We bought it from Soldout Software. I am pretty sure the nosebleed patch is already included, because cars like the pigs, Steam machine, Lucifer are already included. But anyway, we installed the 28MB patch and nothing changed.

I cannot plug my internet cable directly in the PC and the firewall is already allowing the game. It annoys me a lot. I would definitaly set up a server if it would work some day.

Can anybody else set up a server, so I can at least see if I´m able to join?
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Hamachi works!

My friend and I downloaded the newest version and then were able to play a multiplayer game. It doesn´t run perfectly, but it´s good enough. Max pack works fine too.

But still, how to solve this problem?

2. If two people want to drive the same car, is there a way that they have two different skins? Because usually you only see the active skin. This means there are always two eagles with the same skin, even though you have differnt skins for it.

Do you guys know why you can´t see how many checkpoints your friends already passed in a C3 multiplayer game? C1 and C2 were able to show that.

:supercrazy:
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

After playing a couple of C3 multiplayer games I have to say it can´t beat Carmageddon 1. C1 has much more levels and a lot cooler ones too. C1 physics are better and the power ups are not that unfair. I played it with 4 more friends over IPX and it is unbeatable! Best game ever!
Kolnedra
hit n run

Post by Kolnedra »

c1 does work over hamachi ?o.o
andrewwan1980
pedestrian

Post by andrewwan1980 »

Ah, so that is what this "Failed to write to memory" error I keep on getting. It's the No-CD crack right? Though I only see the message after quiting TDR2000.. and it doesn't look like it affect the game in any way. Except I still need to see if my Hamachi VPN games still work....
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

It's not necessary to bump these 8 month old threads.

Check who’s online