Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

ToCa Race Driver 3

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Kitteh
Troll

ToCa Race Driver 3

Post by Kitteh »

This game is magnificent, and I haven't even gotten the full game yet! There are three demos out.

The reason I'm posting this here is because this game has amazing damage! Perhaps even better than C2! The graphics are gorgeous, and the game runs perfectly on the slowest of computers! It came out the 22nd, but I have not purchased it yet (criminal of me!)

There are 3 demos: one of them allows you to smash up a Honda Civic (the new ugly one), one lets you do V8 supercars and other stuff, and one is online with DTM, Clio cup, and a Nascar knockoff. Pure fun, annoying other racers online by smashing them is good fun!

The cars actually smash almost up to the firewall and the suspension buckles, although the cars retain most drivability, capable of 40 mph and a little bit of steering. Also, with physics turned to "Pro Sim" it is a most enjoyable experience! And in RD3, unlike RD2, the hood actually buckles seperate from the other parts!

It also has a huge amount of cars and they all look most stunning! The audio quality is fantastic, and adds extra satisfaction to each smash!

A definate purchase - to not buy would be a criminal act!

Of course I forgot to give you the link! Here it is!

Main Official Page with videos, screenshots, and demos

Beast
The Man

Re: ToCa Race Driver 3

Post by Beast »

If it just didn't use Starforce protection, I'd be playing it.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Yeah, Starforce is a bitch, but why would it stop you from playing?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Heehee i got it for PS2 since saturday :grin: :thumbsup:

It fucking rules...but fucking blows too :grin: (i mean just look at the cheats system-you ned to buy..!? them!? and if you save another save or lose your save you need to rebuy it... :supermad:)

I was amazed when i give it a free race round the 1st time, it was the one with a red f1 looking like car..i mean gee...it really felt like driving :supercrazy:

Monster trucks, sprint cars, bajabuggies, baja beetles, karts, old f1 cars from the 30s, 70s, 90s and todays.

GT cars (like a lamborghini diablo), group b rally cars, dakar, vintage and so on and so on :shock:

All the versions of Race Driver 3 (not TOCA cause its called DTM here and in the australian part V8 Supercars) are online compitable :grin:

Which i will do so :grin:

Ofcourse the one on the PS2 should be the horrible looking, but hellloo it looks hella good :eek:

I was driving a rally race, the tips told me to handbrake turns in order to get out of them quicker, i did it on a hairpin turn, i almost flipped over :lol: like you would expect it too...

Im very impressed of this game and i really love it...
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

It would stop me for playing because:

- It messes with low-level hardware instructions.

- It installs an extra interface between the hardware.

- It's known to cause failures in optical drives.

- It's known to cause severe machine slowdowns.

- It doesn't go away when you uninstall the game.

- Because I value my reliable hardware more then some game.

Fuck Codemasters.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

i think i downloaded it, if not. i shall.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Yeah, Starforce is a piece of shit, that space game X3: Reunion uses it, hell even some game demos have Starforce. It's fucking stupid. It works to prevent piracy, but obviously as seen here it also loses potential buyers.

Some arrogant dickhead in the Star Trek gaming community is named Starforce, now I get to make fun of him :lol:

Check who’s online