Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Polygonized.Com needs YOU!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Beast
The Man

Polygonized.Com needs YOU!

Post by Beast »

Hello.

What I'm writing, I'm writing in the name of Polygonized.com and Boose. I talked to him earlier today, and he asked me to convey the message to the rest of the community, and all the webmasters of Polygonized.com hosted sites, but they will get a separate message.

Anyway, as you might or might not know, Boose owns the Polygonized.com domain name and the servers where quite a number of sites of the community are hosted - including Planet Maim, CarmaDump, C.R.U.D, Wasted, DTD (Joypadjunkies.com is hosted on the polygonized servers) and this very board.. Paying the server has become quite a strain on Boose, and he's asking for help from the community - or rather, contributions.

You see, we're not here to ask for you to pony up your cash for profit. We're here to ask the members of the community to help keep the community alive by keeping the sites alive. And anything you could contribute with would be very appreciated. All the funds will be redirected towards the server and keeping it online.

Boose has a PayPal account set up for this, and is accepting donations through that. Currently the link to the PayPal donation form is on Wasted and I will be setting up the same thing on DTD by the end of today. Also, all the webmasters of the Polygonized.com hosted sites will be asked to post the button on their site along with the appropriate message.

Thanks,

Boose & Beast

Polygonized.com

Tags:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: Polygonized.Com needs YOU!

Post by random_monkey »

Will the paypal image need to go on my site, or could I have a 'donate' text-link put in?
random_monkey
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Am I allowed to ask the same thing of TSS' visitors? Anyway are you going to mention how much is required? I mean, there's no point in people donating too much. And I agree about the text link, that would be better for some webmasters.
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

I would gladly donate and I will, probable on a regular, periodical base.

I agree with Lumberjack, give some clue about the total cost/month

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Feel free to spread the news.

As for the text link - I don't see why not, but come on, how much can a 50x30 button get in the way?

From what Boose told me, he needs around $100 US from all the hosted sites a month ($100 US total, not each, obviously), but basically anything would be appreciated.
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

Well I just Sent over to Boose $50Can or, according to paypal, £20.76, or according to www.xe.com, $37.11USD. I'm not going to let the community that has nurtured me (And kicked my ass!) die! Ever... you can expect ongoing donations from me. As and when I can afford it! :wink:
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

I've already made my opinion on the begging buttons known. To me it makes much more sense that if the webmasters of the individual sites are unwilling/unable to make a donation to cover the appropriate useage, then a plea is made maybe once a year as required, rather than an ongoing begging pot which gets ignored by the readership. Most of the community and readers are helpful and personally it's my belief that even a score* would work better than a unbiquitous and frankly irritating 'gimme your cash' button.

*by score I mean, a running tally of exactly how much boose needs to pay the bill, and what the current donations stand at. I think this will have a better response because it gives people something to work to, with a definite goal rather than a ambiguous ongoing stream.

Honestly, I'm not just being difficult for the sake of being difficult as I might give the impression sometimes, but I frankly find donation buttons offensive.

(just to make absolutely clear, I'm not objecting to having to donate as a associated of PM, merely the execution of this plan, as i feel the above suggestions would have better results.)
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Ah, good... that's the sort of thing I wanted to say. Yes, the running total thing is a good idea.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

I agree with Matt,

Boose hosts quite a few of my sites, which am deeply grateful for, if he needs cash he just needs to ask, I have emailed him and have ask him how much he needs of me to cover the running of my sites

I also agree with the paypal thingie, I will rather have a website without asking people to donate

So boose m8, if your reading this please can you let me know how much you want from me, including Wasted! m8

n3wton :grin:
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Have you had the oppurtunity to put these thoughts to Boose as yet tb? I'm sure an accurate totals comparison would be appreciated and drive more people to donate for the reason we mention above?
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

I still haven't caught Boose online. And yes, I do myself agree that having regular contributions from community members / webmasters would be much better then just having the button on websites - we've gotta be sure that it will actualy work.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Please be aware polygonized has run outta disk space, so this forum and other sites hosted by poly may disspear all of a sudden like before, @ the minute I cant upload sweet fu, so please be beware of this and just be easy on uploading shit!

I have offered to by Elendal / Boose a new HDD, although I havent heard from them both for a while

n3wton
Halo: Wheelman
Banned

Post by Halo: Wheelman »

OMFG your kidding me! will they ever come back? why dont you just delete all the CWA uploads im sure

that would add a tun of space, and if my site was host i would gladly delete it for ya, *thats not a hint or anything*
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Odd.. Though this has happened before. It's usualy some glitch in the system that is promptly taken care of. Polygonized.com has about 40 gb of storage.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Yep, the main drive has 8GB free, although the C:\drive System drive had 18MB as of last week (ie the c:\drive is the one that stores all the dbs and system files)
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

>I have offered to by Elendal / Boose a new HDD, although I havent heard from them both for a while.

Thank you very much n3wton but the problem is that I don't have access to server (I never saw it actually) and to add new hard drive Boose will need to buy it from hosting company and then pay every month.. On a positive side I found what caused the problem. MySQL (database) was keeping rollback log since 2 years. We don't actually need them so I disabled it.. So people should not have any problem uploading content. If this will happen again I will just ask one of my friends to remove his mp3 files (rare as they are they are not inportant for me).. So relax. Boose still needs to pay for the server so do as you agreed with him (oh and google ads are quite good revenue source, some clicks worth as such as 1$ so click on them)...

Sorry about spelling but I have broken monitor and can't see half of the stuff I just wrote. ;-)

UPDATE:

I deleted bunch of my files and now we have 17G free. Yeah, yeah, i know, i should not use poly as a personal stotage ;-) But clients that pay were complaining. :cool:
Join the Navy; sail to far-off exotic lands, meet exciting interesting people, and kill them.
El Barto
turbo bastard

Post by El Barto »

It's true, i can't enter to polygonized sites :eek:

but now, i can enter with total normality (somes pages are in repair :sad: )

and other sites are ok :beer:
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

maim's db is broked, well. some parts work but the others are messed up. i dunno if elendal can repair it without it being corrupted but i really dont feel like adding 100s of files again one at a time.

lallaa BOOBIES *boing* *boing*
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

I probably can. email me
Join the Navy; sail to far-off exotic lands, meet exciting interesting people, and kill them.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

I can put a few sites on my server. gimme a few weeks, my server is down right now though.
Was Der So Alles Kann
elendal
Suka

Post by elendal »

Polygonized has dedicated server (and utilization is ~40-50%), so we can host even more carmageddon websites. And as far as I know Boose and n3wton resolved payment problem.

Andway if you want to help keep clicking on thouse google ads ;-) :thumbsup:
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

google ads?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

top of the forum Dark, also all on all my sites, its recommended to put on all Poly hosted sites (your choice, but would help us out), you can choose the size of the banner (https://www.google.com/adsense/adformats), and doesnt look a mess, and it makes revenue

post or PM me if you want one adding (and I'll send you the code), as its better adding them all in one centralized account rather then having 4/5 different accounts :wink:
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Oh, i have admuncher and i dont get any ads :tongue:

Send me the code, ill find somewhere for it (i didnt actualy do my design to allow any space for ads).
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

you could create a new box (similar to those you have on the left/right menu) named 'ad' and just plock it in there, although like I said before the choice is yours :smile:

I'll sort out the code, do you want he same colour scheme as you have @ PM ?

EDIT: just pm'ed you the code
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

iight man, just an offer. :smile:
Was Der So Alles Kann
lentilky
mechanic

Post by lentilky »

Whats up with WASTED etc. its Domain isnt available now... :sad:

If the pages wont open again in future, a VERY big thing is missing

in the net... :shock:
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

the domain expired earlyer today.
El Barto
turbo bastard

Post by El Barto »

but the cars, tracks, and skins are in n3wton computer isn't?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

no, he deleted them..
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

when a dmoain expires it can still be reactivated no?
Was Der So Alles Kann
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Yes, but Boose, the owner aint been around for a while and i presume he's the only one who has access to the account where it is registered, which is why elendal is trying to find him.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

But if boose aint there, were can he possible be?
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

somewhere in the US
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

hey what do you know! im in the us, if i see him i'll be sure to tell him elendal needs to contact him...

but...

err......

what does he look like? :crazy:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh

Check who’s online