Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Let the Migration Begin

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Decimater
hit n run

Let the Migration Begin

Post by Decimater »

Beast/X-Ray/Napalm-X, would you consider changing the name of this board to "Newbie AND Help" board? That might improve migration, but I'll take no bets on it.

The Carmageddon community could probably use an "I gotta Vent" board too. I suppose it is not too suprising that there is a lot of emotion brought to the posts here. After all, this isn't a "Cutsey Pacman" group.

(Side point - Just how many TETRIS versions DOES our planet need?! Will it require a law?)

So, here it is. The "How do you/where can I/Why won't it" board. Oh, and that guy named Boose will be here too. For all of you extremely new Newbies, here is some advice: When Boose starts using a LOT of vowels, don't listen to his advice for the next 12 hours -- and Format is NOT a Carmageddon cheat. :grin:

To those of you that feel offended to wear the title NEWBIE, I suggest trying my attitude towards it. It is not a sin to be a Newbie. Like pregnancy, it is a condition that passes with time -- though its not always pretty, and always leaves a mess.

Meat_hook

Re: Let the Migration Begin

Post by Meat_hook »

I know what you mean mate. I hate being called a Newbie, it suggests that I don't know anything about Carma, but I do. But thats the stereotype of a newbie, and thats the way it always will be. OK, I don't know as much as a lot of the members, I don't know how to make cars and tracks, but I know how to make skins and edit some of the files.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

Format is NOT a Carmageddon cheat.

I fell for that the frist time, the dick.
Genocide
hit n run

Post by Genocide »

I hope your not dissing Boose, I wouldn't judge people that you hardly know.
cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

If you don't want to be reffered to as by a "newbie", then quit your bitching about people calling you a "newbie", it just shows how much of an immature "newbie" you are. Maybe if you had enough sense, you'd stop to realise that you called yourself a "newbie", and noone else but yourself...if you call yourself a fucking vetern, then for fuck's sake, TRY TO ACT LIKE ONE!

------------------

Crashocalypse - Life has never been so unforgiving...
Decimater
hit n run

Post by Decimater »

I never complained about being called a newbie, so I am unsure where you got that idea. You appear to be quite upset about something, but it isn't me.

I was explaining to an earlier poster that being called a newbie was no big deal, and certainly not an insult, as HE felt it was.

You, Sir, need to cut back on the coffee. And, at 46 years of age, I suspect I am mature enough, thank you.
Decimater
hit n run

Post by Decimater »

Oh... and nobody is "Disin'" Boose. At least not in this thread.

Envying him maybe... :grin:

...gotta get back to my 140 year old wife with the 44DDs that she tucks in her skirt...
Genocide
hit n run

Post by Genocide »

San Jose!!!!, I've been to that very large town before, Use to live about four hours away(not it's over 26), that's an awesome place.
cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

Someone gimme some beer

------------------

Crashocalypse - Life has never been so unforgiving...
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, well, I thought I'd stop in here 'cause I'm a "newbie" and it only seemed the right thing to do..

I got Carma 1 hacking/chopping/slashing down to a science and am now a proud Carma 2 newbie..S'why I'm here, to see If I can't learn something from alla you vets out here... I've made a few cars and am just now learning how to tweak them to make them more realistic... You vets? Keep the righteous stuff coming..You guys rock.

Methinks us newbies could use a couple good tutorials on tricks and tips or mebbe a kinda "Plaything 2 for dumbass newbies" so you guys that have already figured it out could impart some of your wisdom to us slower critters.

(I wanna make tracks!) :smile:

Anyways, just a suggestion.

DB out
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
SloppyGoat
turbo bastard

Post by SloppyGoat »

Hey.....I was raised right outside of San Jose. I used to ride around with my 13 yr old Mexican neighbor in his "brother's" car. You didn't even need a key to start it! Of course, later in life, I realized it really wasn't his brother's car. LOL :grin:

------------------

Can't we all just smoke a bong?

[This message has been edited by SloppyGoat (edited January 25, 2001).]
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Well I think its about time I contributed a bit to this board. Actualy, since I'm one of the people that runs it, its my job to keep track on everything thats going on here, and I say, its going good :smile:

Glad to see that people are acting their age and that they are willing to help out each other.

Moonshadows: you're doing good work, keep it up.

Decimater: you're cool, you understand stuff.

Anyway, if you people wanna have a look, I'll be writing the occasional article for GamersComplex, for my own column called TrashCan. The first rant is up, so read on people.

The Beast

The loving family guy
rebelbrethren
pedestrian

Post by rebelbrethren »

just wanna agree...

newbie don't mean stoopid, and it don't necessarily mean new to computers, games or even carmageddon.

i've been playing Carma 1&2 for years... yet i still came to the newbies board when i got Carma3 TDR2K.

it's called humility. try it sometime :P

it don't feel so bad to ask for help sometimes, y'know?

keep up the good vibes...

------------------

"why do i never seem to learn that love is wrong and girls are fucking evil.

i guess i'll never figure out what womenkind is all about..." - The Ataris

Post by PumaY2K »

The "newbie" term is used to name a guy that is new to a Message Board... (or for other things but mainly this...) and... no... its not insulting to be named newbie... everyone here was... (except The Beast and X coz they started this)... ok... I was a newbie 3 years ago... but it doesnt mean that I hadnt played carma1 or something... now im one of the veterans of carma at the age of 16! yeah baby!! whatever... just think whatever you wanna think of the word "newbie"... blah blah... you got it didnt ya?

------------------

PumaY2K out.

PumaY2K Danger Zone

[This message has been edited by PumaY2K (edited April 06, 2001).]
PumaY2K out.

Frenzy
pedestrian

Post by Frenzy »

Hey don`t dis Boosey :smile: . He`s poor drunk kid :grin: (j/k)

[This message has been edited by Frenzy (edited April 08, 2001).]

Check who’s online