Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Speaking of vehicular combat....

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
toroid
hit n run

Speaking of vehicular combat....

Post by toroid »

So... Has anyone heard any news about the next Carmageddon ?? Here's the only info I have: A while back I wrote Stainless an email. I asked them if I could have any info about the next Carmageddon game, and they told me that they couldn't give out any info about current projects. To me, that means that they are working on it. If they were not working on it, or if they had no plans for it, I think they would have said so. Anyone else have any info ?
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Re: Speaking of vehicular combat....

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

I'm pretty sure no one personally responded to you. They just say that 'cuz what good company would tell you everything you wanted to know?
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

try their web site....
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

I'll respond to both of you.

Buzz: I did try their website (http://www.stainless.co.uk). I found no info besides the fact that the physics engine Carmageddon uses is fully updated (direct X 8.1). Keep in mind that these are the people that made Carmageddon 1 and 2.

WetDogx2: Dan Morgan, who is the office manager at Stainless, responded to me.

Anyone else ??

<FONT COLOR="#3E3E75">

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: toroid ]
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

That's funny...I seem to remember someone posting a reply from SCI or somebody (regarding a game engine/game concept copyright issue) there saying that BRender is obsolete and Stainless went balls-up so nobody there cared what anybody did with any of it.

Didn't sound like an update to me....
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

You didn't look at their website, did you Deep Blue ?

Stainless Games is back in action, and the BRender engine has evolved and has been incorporated into their Beelzebub game engine.

Am I in the wrong freaking forum or something ??? You guys aren't helping one bit.

[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: toroid ]
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

toroid:

Am I in the wrong freaking forum or something ??? You guys aren't helping one bit.
Then simply fuck off.

You can go mental on me now by yelling and such, but we're not people who can see into the future or who know the in and outs of Stainless.

or i just could say what you wanna hear. Maybe you'll shut yer yap then. Yes Stainless is making Carmageddon4!!! There, happy now?
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, after that last post, I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with Rave on this one.

After all, toroid YOU DID ask US.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

Jeez, you guys sure are sensitive. Don't accuse me of yelling Raven-X. If I had yelled it would have looked like this...

[font size="8">JERK!![/font]

By the way, thanks for the info Raven. That is, if you weren't just saying it to get me to "shut my yap".

You guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

[ October 30, 2002: Message edited by: toroid ]
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

toroid: most people here are sorta off their heads and mean, just dont take it personally.. its kinda funny after time.. you know, what more can you expect from a buncha car jocks (no offence guys), plus most of the people here are kinda young anyways.

as for a carma 4.. judging by the stainless site it looks a bit promissing, i dont think they are working on it now, but i believe they will be sooner or later, as they are looking for people to hire for their 'team'

[ October 30, 2002: Message edited by: autopilot ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

theres no carma 4!!!!!
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Last I heard, sci were interested in releasing a 4th (Oh dear god) - and several diff games-makey companies were interested. I doubt stainless would ever make it though.
random_monkey
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Heh... does no one else see this opporunity knockin....

Here we have a community of people who make cars for Carmageddon 2 and 3, now.... the company who originally made C1 and 2 are askin if anyone is out there who wants to work with them.... now, let's see.... a few names come to mind here... ADR, Slayer..... My fucking god, all you guys wanna do is bitch weather they are gonna work on C4 or not... you are not particularly interested in a paycheck... Sheesh.... I for one, am at least gonna talk with the guys... Hey... Maybe I can get paid for something I love to do. Sheesh....
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

I think it would be a damn shame if no one from the community went to work to make content for the next Carmageddon.... whether or not Stainless was behind it.

But personally, I would like to see Stainless Games make the next Carmageddon. I think those guys have the magic touch.

Well, I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for some good news... maybe someday....
DeathChamberNo9
mechanic

Post by DeathChamberNo9 »

adr already mentioned something about paying for his cars already...

ADR, I'd gladly buy your cars if they were in the next carmageddon installment...
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

That would be pretty kewl if SCI or Stainless makes a Carmageddon 4.
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

Beroc-Lord of Destruction:

Heh... does no one else see this opporunity knockin....

Here we have a community of people who make cars for Carmageddon 2 and 3, now.... the company who originally made C1 and 2 are askin if anyone is out there who wants to work with them.... now, let's see.... a few names come to mind here... ADR, Slayer..... My fucking god, all you guys wanna do is bitch weather they are gonna work on C4 or not... you are not particularly interested in a paycheck... Sheesh.... I for one, am at least gonna talk with the guys... Hey... Maybe I can get paid for something I love to do. Sheesh....
well said
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

stainless is making a carma like game, but thier never gonna make another carmageddon, sci are to fucking stupid to let that happen.
Boose
turbo bastard

Post by Boose »

You might wanna read this bit.
ImageImage
Beer galore!
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

That's interesting Boose. I searched the net but I can't find any info about it, but if it's really going to come out on xbox then hopefully it will come out on PC also. *crosses fingers*

Hopefully it will be a brand new game and not just a remake of Carma 2 like on the other consoles.

If anyone can find an article about this and post a link to it, that would be very cool.... Hell, even a scan of the magazine article would be cool. I'm getting a stiffy.
toroid
hit n run

Post by toroid »

Oh yeah, and for anyone who hasn't seen this already, take a look.

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: toroid ]
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

I tell ya, everyone's switching to the Xbox. It has the power of a kickass PC and playtesting is limited to one machine. They waste less time on patches, addons, and other stuff you'd generally see on the computer. This is also Microsoft's way of taking down the PS2. Playstation fanboys don't wanna believe it, but their precious console is old news to game developers.

Doom 3 is also coming out for XBox before the PC version. What does that tell ya?
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

a few names come to mind here... ADR,
I told him to check into it, but he said he already had. I think you should try again, adr, and kick some ass over there.
What's Carmageddon?
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

CWR

has experience and creativity, wonder what he's up to these days.

But its all academic anyway.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well, i have only 2 oppinions,

1. Carma 4 must come (2 pc, i dont care about consoles)

2. if not well, it would be extreemly booring, but probably the carmagames would still live for acouple of years (as lons as any windows support the game)

STAINLESS MUST MAKE C4 (and hopefully as easily modded as C2, yummy)
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
DeathChamberNo9
mechanic

Post by DeathChamberNo9 »

They could attempt to make a carma game for the xbox, but it would just bomb like every other game for that shitbox. Halo is the only plus for that fuckin buggy pile of shit. My friend works at walmart, did anyway, and he had to keep sending that fuckin system back because at least twice a week the system would freeze or not read discs... that and the controller was made for Andre the Giant. I'd gladly take a gamecube over that worthless hunk of shit. You might as well throw your money in the toilet, because thats basically what you do when you buy an Xbox.

In my personal opinion, games that start out on the pc and work the best on a pc, should stay the fuck on a pc.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

DC#9 i agree, that what starts on a pc should stay on a PC!!!

as an example take a look at carmageddon to N64, there was that one mistake and that was to eaven consider to make it to N64 sience the consoles arent powerfull enought to read the programming that the carma games uses (so they had to slim it down, thats why it sux)

But that apeals only to the older consoles!
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

It's all about money, guys, not about pleasing the fans.
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

Kruszchev:

But that apeals only to the older consoles!
your going to have to get up pretty damn early if you think your 700mhz p3 Xbox will run with my 2gig P4

the Xbox is already outdated and it aint selling.
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

why does it even have to be the carma series?

how many games are ever made it past 3>

face it....its time to move on with a new title and game and I'm sure the industry will see that as well.

doesn't mean that there won't be future games that will be inspired by this series...but this series is dead.

*leaves 2 cents on table and walks back in to my corner*
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

and who says the X-box isnt outdated (hell it was alredy outdated when they relised it if you compare it to a comp, but its not outdated comparing to consoless)

and yes i know its sells like... "umm what dosnt sell at all"

I woudnt buy x-box sience i dont want to risk to see any more bluescreens evryday than i alredy do (ya know microsoft)

and i dont care if they change the name of the game as long as it stays the cama way

(now there is the problem... keeping it to the carma way)

Check who’s online