Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Operation Silent Sedans: A Carma 1 Non-Car Modding Adventure

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: Operation Silent Sedans: A Carma 1 Non-Car Modding Adven

Post by Mastro 666 »

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Last edited by Mastro 666 on Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

I don't like to reply like this, but i tried the vehicle with a clean Carmageddon copy.

The result is still the same.
Also when the vehicle is an opponent when choosing another vehicle, the game crashes.
LinksofSphynx
mechanic

Post by LinksofSphynx »

I'm sorry you're having these problems, Joker. I tried taking everything from my pre-zip archive again and pasting it in-game and it's still functioning perfectly well.

Perhaps this is all common knowledge, but I can tell you the kind of thing that gave me these issues during the modding process. When the sedan is an opponent, what screen does it crash at? If it's right when it's showing the race lineup, then I guess there's something wrong with the grid image, though I don't know what it could be. It's only referred to 3 times in the TXT file and I'm not seeing any issue in mine. The cockpit being the entire suspension of the vehicle makes it seem like it's using the entire SLTSEDAN MAT and DAT files instead of the bonnet. When I had this issue, I swapped their location in the TXT file, putting the bonnet before or after the regular SLTSEDAN file as needed. I don't know why their location would need to be changed in the file because you're using the meld pack, but that's all I can think of. Also, I'm assuming you're running the game at the higher 640 resolution. The one thing I skipped on was the files for a lower resolution and I hope that wouldn't cause these problems.
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

Don't be sorry, things like this happen.
Though i guess its not because of the Meld Pack, because its also having the same results on clean copys.
So what the actual problem might be is anyones guess .

But i'll try the TXT thing, see if that does anything.

It crashes when i select another car and press done.
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

I have tried swapping some of the filenames in the Sedan.txt, but it does not much.

The mug image you made had no pink border (no idea if thats one of the problems)
I have changed the Fli file and it works, even better then if you pick the car for yourself to drive. If the car appears as an opponent the wheels make the steering and spinning motion.

I have no idea what exactly the problem is.
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

EDIT : I keep forgetting that i posted here, sorry for the double posts :sad: .

Got the car working.

I shortened the file names from SLTSEDAN and SLTSEDANBON to
SLTBON and SLTDAN.

And changed this :

It is indeed a bit dark, though

Great job Sphynx :grin:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Shortening the filenames made it work? :saston:
SLTSEDANBON is indeed too long (though it should work anyway (at least with Carma95)) but SLTSEDAN fits the 8.3 filename convention.
Weird :eek:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

Well, i made SLTSEDAN shorter while i was at it.
I thought names actully could not be longer then six letters.
LinksofSphynx
mechanic

Post by LinksofSphynx »

Good call on the shortened names, joker. I should have considered it. Also the menu images and animations look fantastic.

So I'm finally coming back to modding to finish the other Silent Hill vehicle, but I have a problem. The hard drive that I downloaded all of the vehicles to crashed a few weeks ago and now I don't have the C1-ready vehicles. I attempted to reuse Tosh's download link in this thread, but, reasonably, it no longer works. A call to learn something new? Perhaps, but I'm not even sure how much I can remember about the process from before. I would appreciate a new link to the vehicles if possible. In the meantime, I may attempt to pull the model out of the level myself.

Also, quick question about the sedan: I've noticed that the top of the vehicle seems to lack collision detection. Enemies fly right through the windshield and the top part of the car sinks into the ground when I land upside-down. Is this a matter of changing some parameters in the TXT file, or something else?
70's Viking
hit n run

Post by 70's Viking »

LinksofSphynx wrote:Good call on the shortened names, joker. I should have considered it. Also the menu images and animations look fantastic.
You can use them if you want.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hey Links, sadly I don't even have that file on my harddrive anymore. So yeah it's gone.
If you tell me which car you'd like to tackle next, I might quickly prepare it again for you to put ingame.
In the meantime I released the Wrangler: https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... 98#p105798
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online