Having trouble logging in? Password not accepted? Recently some bad apples caused a bit of a ruckus around here and a few accounts had to be reset.
Please, drop Toshiba, Errol or n3wton a line and they'll sort you right out! We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause :(

Re: Tosh's car releases
Toshiba-3 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 pm
Goldfingered!

A quick little release :)
In order to gain some motivation, I started removing projects: backward Fiat 126 (sorry QTZ), Demolition machine + Lorry (C2 lost bits), Radigator remake for C1, James Bond micro car (C2).

I'll probably try to fit the demolition machine and the lorry back into the mesh of one of the junkyard races. If so I'll release it as a patch and include in the C2 pack thing.

Hesitating about removing much more and move on with newer projects :/

[EDIT] made a little gif: https://imgur.com/a/0HiC3
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 am
Shame about your lack of motivation, I would definitely like to see the C2 lost goodies.
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Harmalarm on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am
Hey, finally another carma release, nice work Tosh. Does it come with extra features? Water in the bowl is a flipped mesh? Glass of the bowl looks convincing too, as if it has thickness. How did you do that?

Offtopic: It feels like I haven't spoken to you guys in ages! I'll be sure to check into ICR a bit more
Toshiba-3 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 am

IRON HORSE woooo :sbsmile:

Ok C2 release of Beroc's Iron Horse. I still had the max scene from back then (more than 10 years damn). I split the big textures into smaller ones and remapped the model. Setup funky suspensions, look ok half the time.
Still don't understand how/why C2 allows some materials to be hidden via CAMERA_TURN_OFF_MATERIALS and some just won't work.

Going to put it in C1 while I'm at it (unless the textures look bad with the C1 palette).

It's at RR2000 etc.

Razor: the 'C2 lost bits' will be included somehow in the next Vanilla C2 pack thing. :swink:

Harmalarm: No extra features for the Goldfingered sadly, kinda rushed the release. The 'neck' was supposed to be articulated (fake) via shear groove or something. Glass bowl, water and white part of eyes are flipped indeed. The thickness of the bowl is a bit visible because there's a space between the glass and the water, and the kind of reflective texture on the glass works quite well IMO.

And yeah, everyone should try and idle in the IRC chatroom :beer:
Harmalarm on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am
What an awesome monster truck. Guess it has been riping these 10 years for someone to finally digest it. Love the texture work too. Tires look awesome and the van itself looks very crispy. Nice coop guys :thumbsup:

@tosh: I have had issues with the cam-turn-off materials too. Never got them to fully work in all situations. It seemed like an unfinished/buggy feature to me.
Toshiba-3 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Turned out to be a nice addon really. Decided to keep the interior and try and make it look like the vehicle has tinted windows. Kept all grooves from C2 too.

Available at RR2000!

hazardic on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 pm
Toshiba-3 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Decided to remove Beroc's Chargers from my todo list. Realised it was made for Crashday back then and thus required way more work to be a nice addon for Carma. So mleh.

Moved to the next item in the list:
One year ago I asked Maxine to sktech a quick idea around a "medieval carma car".
So yes, a cow-powered-chariot, with the Ranger from Quake as the charioteer :swheel:

I'll try to work on it a bit everyday and finish it for Christmas!
Harmalarm on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 pm
Toshiba-3 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Last update until the release (still A LOT to do):

Razor on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:13 pm
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Harmalarm on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:22 am
Hah, wow, what a difference suddenly. So there will be a cow running in the large wheel? :thumbsup:
Toshiba-3 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:40 pm
The running cow sequence from MOO.PIX will be mapped on a quad inside the wheel. Too bad we can't use yLollipop properly with cars as it would have turned into a proper sprite!
Other idea is to mimic the Quake hud as the cockpit view :scool:
Toshiba-3 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:36 am
An update 'cause it's taking longer than I thought.

Harmalarm on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm
hazardic on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm
stellar job Tosh! i'm glad you still didn't loose your passion :beer:
WadeSullivan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 pm
Thats why i always look at Toshiba´s page XD
I loveeeee his work, and i have all the cars
Toshiba-3 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 pm
Ah thanks for the kind words! Always a motivation boost to be reminded others also play C1 with mods! :rockon:

Knocked together a quick mod, really wonder why no one ever did it before! Deformation still works.
Harmalarm on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 am
Ah thanks for the kind words! Always a motivation boost to be reminded others also play C1 with mods! :rockon:

I don't think that will ever stop. I still boot it up from time to time. Even though activity on the forums is getting lower and lower by the years, I still feel a strong connection with the games <3

Nice mod, and yeah, odd thing that nobody did it before.

Damn I should work on that deformation textblock maxscript... :oops:
Toshiba-3 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm
It's available at RR2000 :grin: A quick little mod.

@Harm: Beside a C1 source-port, a crush data generator is the biggest thing! Even a simple one that would output preset deformation. But I understand this mustn't be easy at all.
WadeSullivan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 pm
Justo got that one too :banana: :banana: :banana:
I only change the driver to Poison kiss LOL, i don´t like repeated chars XD
hazardic on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 am
this is sick :grin: love the idea :banana: thanks Tosh!
Toshiba-3 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:00 am

Harmalarm on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 am
Gotta love those 'high res' details :cool: :lol:
Nice work once again.
Toshiba-3 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm
Heh! Well it was more of a test to see how feasible it was to update the C1 textures using their mobile version counterpart, and if it was worth it.
I'm not sure it is a success in the end as the original textures were even sharper in their details (cfr. eagle mk1 and ed's jet textures) and also because it takes quite some time for something that might be not that noticeable ingame. So I don't know.
Some other cars like the Suppressor or the Twister really need updated textures but the mobile textures might not be the best base (they don't restore the 'radiation' sticker either on Twister's skin for example).

I posted better and final before/after on twittah:
https://twitter.com/toshiba_3/status/965615632267005957

The skin is available at RR2000:
http://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-1#mods (refresh the page if needed)
hazardic on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:47 pm
damn that is a stellar job :beer: thank you! :grin:
WadeSullivan on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm
Tosh a quick question, do edit the texture or the car color in the PS, is the same way to edit the portait of a racer? Edit and apply the c1 pallete?
Toshiba-3 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:17 pm
@Wade: Yes, just keep in mind that it is the ingame palette you have to apply (there are two palettes: ingame and menus).

Just done with the Deathcruiser for C1. Not quite sure why I did that. Demaking it for C1 was a good exercise though; tried to get a bit closer to CWR's original design while keeping Stainless' overal skin yet simplifying it. Front red circular thing glows. Physics are the same as C2.
Didn't make a cockpit nor damage indicator :yingyang:

It's at RR2000. http://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-1#cars
WadeSullivan on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 pm
I will wait to see the Big Dump from C2 in C1
Toshiba-3 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm
I'm not against the idea as C1 lacks a very big vehicle like that.
However unlike C2; C1 doesn't work well with such large machines. At the moment, trying to load the bigdump at its full size breaks the race. I have to scale it down to 90% for it to load and display properly ingame. This is already a setback.
Besides that, the textures are annoying, they don't translate nicely to the C1 ingame palette. I don't feel like working it out from the base textures. Applying C1 crane textures might be an idea for a more C1ish bigdump if you get what I mean. I must also rework the model to lessen the crazy texture jumps thanks to affine mapping.

So I think I'll work on it now and then to take a break from other projects :)
Must first find how to make the game load it at full size!

WadeSullivan on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 am

Well and if you put the size iqual to Ice Drone? The car that you already release? And the texture it´s kind hard to figure out a way :confused:

I tried to change the car colors in PH but when i load and apply the carma pallete he becoma all mess up XD and in game it´s worst LOL
QTZ on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 am
I don't know what your problem exactly is, but remember to apply PPP to your game palettes and tools - this avoid black color turning to transparent ;) If you are modifying textures from game it's important to apply patch *BEFORE* export.

If this is completely mess - I think maybe you are trying to import not properly converted textures (wrong color depth or wrong palette).

"Affine mapping" - that's what Mastro was talking about (earlier he uploaded example with different size textures).
WadeSullivan on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 am
Well i extracted the image from carmegedit, open in the PS, turn to RGB, edited, then turn into INDEX colors, and load the carma_tosh (not the menu one) pallet, and save.

Then i imported to carmagedit and save, result: :tongue: :tongue:
Toshiba-3 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 pm
@Wade: could you upload the BMP file somewhere? And if possible the BMP before you apply the palette and the BMP file after you apply it.

It looks to me like the carma palette might be applied but with wrong indexes? Difficult to say like that.
WadeSullivan on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:21 am

and

That isn´t the real color i want, for some reason in indexed colors the "pink" becomes that XD
Pages:  << 1, 2, 3  >>

Extra information
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 pm,

Please Register a username.
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests