Having trouble logging in? Password not accepted? Recently some bad apples caused a bit of a ruckus around here and a few accounts had to be reset.
Please, drop Toshiba, Errol or n3wton a line and they'll sort you right out! We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause :(

Re: Tosh's car releases
Toshiba-3 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 pm
Goldfingered!

A quick little release :)
In order to gain some motivation, I started removing projects: backward Fiat 126 (sorry QTZ), Demolition machine + Lorry (C2 lost bits), Radigator remake for C1, James Bond micro car (C2).

I'll probably try to fit the demolition machine and the lorry back into the mesh of one of the junkyard races. If so I'll release it as a patch and include in the C2 pack thing.

Hesitating about removing much more and move on with newer projects :/

[EDIT] made a little gif: https://imgur.com/a/0HiC3
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 am
Shame about your lack of motivation, I would definitely like to see the C2 lost goodies.
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Harmalarm on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am
Hey, finally another carma release, nice work Tosh. Does it come with extra features? Water in the bowl is a flipped mesh? Glass of the bowl looks convincing too, as if it has thickness. How did you do that?

Offtopic: It feels like I haven't spoken to you guys in ages! I'll be sure to check into ICR a bit more
Toshiba-3 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 am

IRON HORSE woooo :sbsmile:

Ok C2 release of Beroc's Iron Horse. I still had the max scene from back then (more than 10 years damn). I split the big textures into smaller ones and remapped the model. Setup funky suspensions, look ok half the time.
Still don't understand how/why C2 allows some materials to be hidden via CAMERA_TURN_OFF_MATERIALS and some just won't work.

Going to put it in C1 while I'm at it (unless the textures look bad with the C1 palette).

It's at RR2000 etc.

Razor: the 'C2 lost bits' will be included somehow in the next Vanilla C2 pack thing. :swink:

Harmalarm: No extra features for the Goldfingered sadly, kinda rushed the release. The 'neck' was supposed to be articulated (fake) via shear groove or something. Glass bowl, water and white part of eyes are flipped indeed. The thickness of the bowl is a bit visible because there's a space between the glass and the water, and the kind of reflective texture on the glass works quite well IMO.

And yeah, everyone should try and idle in the IRC chatroom :beer:
Harmalarm on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am
What an awesome monster truck. Guess it has been riping these 10 years for someone to finally digest it. Love the texture work too. Tires look awesome and the van itself looks very crispy. Nice coop guys :thumbsup:

@tosh: I have had issues with the cam-turn-off materials too. Never got them to fully work in all situations. It seemed like an unfinished/buggy feature to me.
Toshiba-3 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Turned out to be a nice addon really. Decided to keep the interior and try and make it look like the vehicle has tinted windows. Kept all grooves from C2 too.

Available at RR2000!

hazardic on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 pm
Toshiba-3 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Decided to remove Beroc's Chargers from my todo list. Realised it was made for Crashday back then and thus required way more work to be a nice addon for Carma. So mleh.

Moved to the next item in the list:
One year ago I asked Maxine to sktech a quick idea around a "medieval carma car".
So yes, a cow-powered-chariot, with the Ranger from Quake as the charioteer :swheel:

I'll try to work on it a bit everyday and finish it for Christmas!
Harmalarm on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 pm
Pages:  << 1, 2

Extra information
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:57 pm,

Please Register a username.
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests