Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

2 Questions editing C1, any help?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
WadeSullivan
hit n run

2 Questions editing C1, any help?

Post by WadeSullivan »

Ok im trying to change the image from the position select using the carma edit?

And why some cars are to high in the damage gallery? O_o
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: 2 Questions editing C1, any help?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You can easily edit the grid images by exporting/importing the bitmap with CarmagEdit or TRixx (the former is easier in this case). The grid images are stored in 32X20X8/PIXELMAPS and always start with a G.
In the case of TTR's Stooker, it is GSTOOKER.PIX. You can't change its position on the grid, but it feels misplaced because it is a bit too big. Just reduce its size and replace the pixelmap and you're good to go.

Some addon cars appear misplaced in the wreck gallery (among other little mishaps) because they were setup the same way as a C2 addon. With C1 all meshes must be centered at the origin (I mean the mesh's center must be at 0,0,0), then the main actor places that mesh in position and other child actors do the same with their respective mesh (wheels, suspensions, etc). C2 wants everything but the animated actor meshes (mainly wheels) to be in their final position yet have their pivot at the origin nonetheless. If a C1 car is setup like that, there are contexts where the car will have an offset from its expected position.
Before Harm's scripts it was a chore to always center all the meshes on the origin then move them back in place via their actor (within Plaything2...).

Correcting existing addon cars with that problem however isn't easy as you either have to use PT2 or import/export it with 3dsMax to fix the issue, and then you must adjust all the coordinates accordingly (especially the bounding box). Honestly it isn't worth the time :swink:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

LOL i get it Toshiba thank you again ^^
Oh well i will leave the "high" cars in that way XD
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

Quick question XD
Its possible change the name of the pilots? To show when you wreack a opponent, or in the garage etc.
the name for example: Firestorm to Alan
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You can change these in OPPONENT.TXT, each car entry starts with the long and short name of the driver:

Code: Select all

// Opponent 35
Firestorm
Fire
The name on the mug image must be edited via Photoshop or similar though.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

I thought i needed to do some more elaborate thing to change that U_U
Sorry the stupid question and thanks again Toshiba :banana: :banana:

Check who’s online