Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Beaver Mountains skin: Grasslands Of Gore

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Beaver Mountains skin: Grasslands Of Gore

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I've been wondering why no one did that little thing before :grin: Simple skin using Beaver Woods and Quarry textures. Modded a handful of little details to fit the theme but it's still basically an elaborated skin.

Thanks to AlexTSK for the race name ideas, I stuck with Abandon Sheep till the end then changed my mind for Grasslands of Gore.

If you want to get rid of all the snow, you can download this standalone skin at RR:
https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/carmageddon-2#tracks (might have to reload the page if you browsed earlier this week).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Beaver Mountains skin: Grasslands Of Gore

Post by Razor »

Reminds me of the Avalanche track from Destruction Derby RAW, it has a snowy version and a regular dirty version.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Hah, never thought of that! Now do the reverse! :cool:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

Honestly thought it was an entirely new map at first.

Great job Tosh.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

I just played a while in this track. It's funny how the texture switch workes quite well in certain areas but doesn't work at all in others. For example, there is grass on top of the walls, roads are interupted by patches of grass etc. :) Nice idea though, and I see you replaced more than just textures.
Nice signpost as well ;)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I thought at some point about replacing the asphalt road with a muddy one, just to lessen the contrast with sudden grassy patches like that. But that would have looked weird elsewhere. But yeah, I didn't want to hack the DAT file too much (just added the haybail model in there and edited some material flags) and didn't correct places where that snow material was out of place once turned to grass (like the house roofs... :slol: ). Just went with it :grin:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online