Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Ped Animation Format

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Trent
mindless

C2 Ped Animation Format

Post by Trent »

The other day I figured out the animation format for C:R peds so I could import and export animations use my MaxScript. Errol said the format was the same as C2's format, which hasn't been figured out yet, so I took a look this morning and it's actually a bit different but quite similar. The format seems to be as follows:

Code: Select all

int BoneCount
int FrameCount
for each bone
    string (32 bytes) BoneName
    byte NullByte
    int SomeCount (maybe number of child bones?)
    for each SomeCount
        int SomeNumber (likely to be child bone index, but Bip01 has a value of 10,000 for one, though maybe that's a quirk of Biped)
for each frame
    for each bone
        48 bytes = 12 floats = Matrix3x4 TransformMatrix
I've not messed around with it any further as I haven't got any C2 file support in my scripts to try applying the animations to a ped model, but I thought it would be a good idea to post my findings here :)
a.k.a. Brent
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C2 Ped Animation Format

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Thanks for sharing the info, Trent.
Adds to the little we knew about ped setup: https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2298

Would just be nice to investigate some more the little differences between SKL and BON formats.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Trent
mindless

Re: C2 Ped Animation Format

Post by Trent »

I am fairly sure the only difference between SKL and BON formats are that SKL are used for Biped/character studio rigged peds while BON are used with generic bone system rigged peds. I would guess the game expects SKL to only have specific bone names, maybe a specific order, while BON can have any names and order.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online