Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flummery v0.3.8.9

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
nobby
Stainless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by nobby »

Yeah yeah whatever Errol... TOSH GIMME THAT HL2 CAR!!!*

*But driven by Alyx...
I was in the war.
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

But nobby. Do you really want to pass up the useful advice rebel guys can give you? Like "Don't forget to reload Dr. Freeman". No one is considerate like those buggers.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Gravedrinker wrote:So how far along is map making now? What works and what doesn't? Wouldn't mind making a map as well, been collecting ideas from the start.
What kind of map, does it involve cyberpunk themes and night time?
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

FatCat wrote:
Gravedrinker wrote:So how far along is map making now? What works and what doesn't? Wouldn't mind making a map as well, been collecting ideas from the start.

One of them actually does, yeah. Got a whole lot of concepts lying around for stuff that I think would fit great in the game and is missing at the moment.
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Gravedrinker wrote:
FatCat wrote:

One of them actually does, yeah. Got a whole lot of concepts lying around for stuff that I think would fit great in the game and is missing at the moment.

Oh really? I'd love lend a hand and ease the asset-creation process. :)
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

Thanks for the offer FatCat, that's cool. I have no idea what's possible at the moment though and how far along any kind of mapping support is, I only read stuff from flummery change logs here and there that mentioned maps.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

It really depends on what you're after.

Right now you could: Make a map in Blender, import into Flummery and get it into the game. This would take you about 5 clicks in Flummery.

You could then hand-craft a pedfile.xml for ped spawns, edit the materials by hand to do fancier things like water and so on.

Custom accessories are a little trickier, as is powerup placement but these aren't massive developments and if someone was wanting them then they'd increase in priority.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

FYI even though Errol posted instructions.

Tutorial for Flummery.(a starter anyway)

http://r.carmajunkies.com/2015/07/30/tutorial-porting-carmageddon-2-content-to-carmageddon-reincarnation/

Saw it on Facebook.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol

No big deal but if you have it try that junkyard map.

Some of the textures are really bright green depending on the direction of the light. No big deal but just in case its Flummery . Cause it happens on walls and on road surfaces. About 3 percent of the textures.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, it all takes place in the text files. Flummery outputs default settings (Eagle's) and you adjust them afterward.

Some progress on this:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Nice tool, however, let me ask if there is some type of tutorial on how to get a car into this game? I have the car, I had to up-size it about 250% from the original eagle (dunno why) exported it using Flummery, add it into the game using Minge, I see it using the CarMODgeddon load, but when I drive it, it just isn't there like it falls through the floor or something of that nature. I see other people have put things in, I just would like a step by step on exactly what to do.

I know.. I ask for a lot.

Can that, just found it.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This is what I did in under a half an hour. This is awesome Errol!
There was one weird artifact in the middle of the driver's face.

I know I need to poke around some more and read up on previous posts.
But here's some observations, not complaints :wink:
I didn't have an engine sound.
Can the 'chrome' bits be made env mapped reflective?
And what about 2-sided textures?
The Iron Cross decals on helmet lost alpha.

Anyway, that was really easy to get a C2 car into the game quickly. (thanks to Razor's tute)
I'd like to learn how to add thumbnails for Minge.

EDIT - I presume I should rename the ZAD to ZIP and look at the contents and edit the TXT files therein??
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Good-o. Feel free to raise any issues, gripes, wishlist items or whatever on the issue tracker
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Red Baron looks fantastic and really fits C:R, even in that basic form.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Three out of five of your complaints observations :ssmile: are because Flummery just generates the most basic of materials. This will be addressed in the next version as best I can.

Not sure why you're not getting an engine sound or what happened with that weird poly in her face. I'll look into those issues and see if I can get some fixes in place.

And as Razor said, it looks fantastic even with Flummery monging up almost everything.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I took a look at Tosh's resistance config and was able to add an engine sound.
Also swapped out the wheels to use the Annihilator's but he rear wheels now don't touch the ground. :lol:

I'll probably open up the original ACT up in PT2 to see if the driver's face looks odd there too. Might also add some smoothing groups and then re-convert it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Wait for Flummery .6 ..! The odd face and lack of SGs are probably the same issue. Flummery doesn't set proper normals at the moment, I was able to work around that problem by also exporting to FBX from MAX via Blender and swapping the model in Flummery.
About the wheels you can tweak that by opening your C:R vehicle in Flummery, changing the scale of Wheel_RR and Wheel_RL (children of respective Hubs) and saving your scene (via "Save For", not Save As, nor the C2>CR process as it's all already done).

And yes, it DOES look fantastic in there!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I scaled the rear wheels up a bit and did a "Save For" but that didn't generate a new ZAD. Is there another step I need to do?

EDIT: Hold on, I think I know what to do. Why is it lately after I post a question and hit Submit, an answer pops into my head? :oops:

EDIT 2: Fixed!
Looks more bad-ass with the bigger rear wheels!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

You're right, it looks very badass.

What was the solution to your issue? Were you just not looking in the right place or brain-fart or some such?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

He probably just added the modified .cnt into the zad
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ya, I forgot I could just rename the ZAD to ZIP and extract everything, add the files with a modified time stamp, rezip and rename to zad. So, yes brain-fart!

Of course then I learned I could use Minge to do the ZAD packing and now it's a snap. :beer:
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

I'm making the whole zad thing a little more streamlined in future versions but yeah, for now you can either manually update or use minge to repack the whole lot.
Mechatron
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mechatron »

I get this error when I try to import an fbx model I made in blender, "Unsupported World Transformation Matrix pYpZnX" What does that mean? Seems any and all fbx models create this error message. I'm curious as to whether or not this is caused by something in blender or something in flummery. Any way to fix this?
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

You have to choose a different axis for top and front etc when exporting from Blender in the export config tab for fbx. Whatever you chose now (or is set by default) is not supported in Flummery so try something else.
Mechatron
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mechatron »

I think I figured it out now. I guess I'll to try making a new model.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

To quote the opening post...

Errol wrote:When exporting from Blender please ensure you use these export settings:

You shouldn't need to remake the model, just use those settings when exporting. If you'd like, upload the .blend somewhere and drop me a PM with the link and I can take a look.
Mechatron
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mechatron »

Cool. The model works in Flummery now. Thanks for the help!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Just a note that v0.3.7.5 packages .ZAD files with .IMG textures. You'll need to manually rename the .ZAD to .ZIP when running the latest patch for C:R.

I'll get a new Flummery version out as soon as possible so this manual fix is no longer necessary.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by lemonrev »

I was going to come in here and tell ya now you going to have to update but you got here before me :P
lemonrev
road raged psycho

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by lemonrev »

I was going to come in here and tell ya now you going to have to update but you got here before me :P
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

lemonrev wrote:I was going to come in here and tell ya now you going to have to update but you got here before me :P
good thing you did it twice :)
coffeycup
Genesis

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by coffeycup »

I had a bunch of objects in the BeerWagon that weren't named very well i.e Mesh01, etc. I've gone back and renamed a bunch. What's the best way to get the Structure.xml regenerated? If I do "Save For" the paperwork isn't updated. Should I do a "Save As" again instead? Or delete Structure.xml and do "Save For"?
AlexTSK
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by AlexTSK »

Delete the previously generated structure.xml as Flummery will not overwrite files that are already in a folder, and make sure you are doing it as "Save For"
coffeycup
Genesis

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by coffeycup »

I deleted Structure.xml and did a "Save For" and but Structure.xml did not get regenerated.

So I retrieved my old one from the Recycle bin so I didn't lose it.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Delete the structure.xml, Save as Vehicle to the same folder again, it'll regenerate anything that is missing.

Check who’s online