Having trouble logging in? Password not accepted? Recently some bad apples caused a bit of a ruckus around here and a few accounts had to be reset.
Please, drop Toshiba, Errol or n3wton a line and they'll sort you right out! We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause :(

Flummery v0.3.7.5
Errol created Flummery v0.3.7.5 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 am

The spiritual successor to Plaything 2.

v0.3.7.5 released 2015-07-28
Download here (1.86MB)
Source here.

Notes:
Public beta release. Heavily work-in-progress. Bug reports, feature requests, etc to this thread or the issue tracker.

FBX support is improving and imports from Maya and Blender should function as intended. When exporting from Blender please ensure you use these export settings:

Check View > Preferences > Keys for keymappings.

Supports:
* Carmageddon Reincarnation
* Carmageddon
* Carmageddon 2
* Carmageddon Mobile (import only)
* Novadrome (import only)
* Carmageddon PSX (import only)
* TDR2000 (import only)

Changelog

v0.3.7.5
* CNT Export: Fixed a long-standing bug that has been malforming Z rotations
* Framing an object now correctly positions the camera

History:
http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26916
Harmalarm on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 am
Real nice work so far Errol. Too bad the FBX format is such a bitch and taking up so much of your time, but on the other hand it's a good challenge right? Or are you fed up with it by now? :suicide:
Errol on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:51 am
The FBX format is most definitely a timesink. I think there is light at the end of that tunnel though. Next timesink will be integrated ZAD/TWT/PAK support :(
Spectre2011 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:44 am
I tried it out and so far it looks terrific!
Has the model skinning feature been implemented?
Sorry I'm jumping the gun here, I've been dreaming of a plaything2 replacement since I touched plaything2...
I'll be patient, I just got excited.
Errol on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 am
Skinning features are hidden behind the other large development I've been avoiding... mouse control! Can't pick faces if face-picking doesn't work :(
Spectre2011 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 am
Well thats ok, Its still a very welcome tool even in its current state.
Toshiba-3 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 am
Are you sure Stainless won't just subcontract modding tools to you and rename Flummery into Acolyte or something? :slol:
This is getting better and better.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Errol on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 am
Hehe, it crashes as randomly as the old PT2 too. I'm that good.
Harmalarm on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:26 pm
Hah, the about info I was waiting for! :cool:
shane on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm
Are you sure Stainless won't just subcontract modding tools to you and rename Flummery into Acolyte or something? :slol:
This is getting better and better.

lol, it is coming along very nicely and looking impressive!
Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
QTZ on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 pm
Latest version is step back for me... I don't know what's wrong on my PC, but it crash at start as first versions... previously was possible to import C1 model, but pressing keys doesn't do anything, crash on some options. I don't have C2 or CR installed - only various C1, my win is XP with .NET 4.0 with many updates (4.5 is not possible to install on XP).
Toshiba-3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 am
It's a direct quick and basic port from the C2 files.
Next Flummery version should let anyone port any C2 car to C:R in a couple of clicks (with a basic setup ofcourse).
Toshiba-3 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm

(this took one minute to do, no tweaking, just direct Flummery output)
Harmalarm on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:48 am
Wowy, that's impressive! How about setting up the handling? Is this similar to c2's handling setup?
Toshiba-3 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 pm
Yes, it all takes place in the text files. Flummery outputs default settings (Eagle's) and you adjust them afterward.

Some progress on this:
coffeycup on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 am
This is what I did in under a half an hour. This is awesome Errol!
There was one weird artifact in the middle of the driver's face.

I know I need to poke around some more and read up on previous posts.
But here's some observations, not complaints :wink:
I didn't have an engine sound.
Can the 'chrome' bits be made env mapped reflective?
And what about 2-sided textures?
The Iron Cross decals on helmet lost alpha.

Anyway, that was really easy to get a C2 car into the game quickly. (thanks to Razor's tute)
I'd like to learn how to add thumbnails for Minge.

EDIT - I presume I should rename the ZAD to ZIP and look at the contents and edit the TXT files therein??
MacCarpocalypse | coffey.polygonized.com | CoffeyCup's Gallery
Razor on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 pm
Red Baron looks fantastic and really fits C:R, even in that basic form.
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Errol on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Three out of five of your complaints observations :ssmile: are because Flummery just generates the most basic of materials. This will be addressed in the next version as best I can.

Not sure why you're not getting an engine sound or what happened with that weird poly in her face. I'll look into those issues and see if I can get some fixes in place.

And as Razor said, it looks fantastic even with Flummery monging up almost everything.
coffeycup on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 am
I took a look at Tosh's resistance config and was able to add an engine sound.
Also swapped out the wheels to use the Annihilator's but he rear wheels now don't touch the ground. :lol:

I'll probably open up the original ACT up in PT2 to see if the driver's face looks odd there too. Might also add some smoothing groups and then re-convert it.
Toshiba-3 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am
Wait for Flummery .6 ..! The odd face and lack of SGs are probably the same issue. Flummery doesn't set proper normals at the moment, I was able to work around that problem by also exporting to FBX from MAX via Blender and swapping the model in Flummery.
About the wheels you can tweak that by opening your C:R vehicle in Flummery, changing the scale of Wheel_RR and Wheel_RL (children of respective Hubs) and saving your scene (via "Save For", not Save As, nor the C2>CR process as it's all already done).

And yes, it DOES look fantastic in there!
coffeycup on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:48 pm
I scaled the rear wheels up a bit and did a "Save For" but that didn't generate a new ZAD. Is there another step I need to do?

EDIT: Hold on, I think I know what to do. Why is it lately after I post a question and hit Submit, an answer pops into my head? :oops:

EDIT 2: Fixed!
Looks more bad-ass with the bigger rear wheels!
Razor on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:53 pm

What was the solution to your issue? Were you just not looking in the right place or brain-fart or some such?
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Errol on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:11 pm
He probably just added the modified .cnt into the zad
coffeycup on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 am
Ya, I forgot I could just rename the ZAD to ZIP and extract everything, add the files with a modified time stamp, rezip and rename to zad. So, yes brain-fart!

Of course then I learned I could use Minge to do the ZAD packing and now it's a snap. :beer:
Errol on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:16 pm
I'm making the whole zad thing a little more streamlined in future versions but yeah, for now you can either manually update or use minge to repack the whole lot.
QTZ on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:04 pm
v0.3.7.5 finally doesn't crash on XP (at least on start), but old dll files must be removed (otherwise crash as before). Android textures are not visible (I have removed 45 Bytes header from Carma Free obb, then extracted the file with WADEdit). Not tested anything beyond that yet.
Pages: 1

Extra information
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am,

Please Register a username.
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests