Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Let's get porting! (C2>C:R tutorial)

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Let's get porting! (C2>C:R tutorial)

Post by Razor »

ATTENTION: If you port a C2 mod to C:R and it turns out looking funny in C:R (i.e. texture issues or models misplacement) then please leave a reply with a link to the C2 version of the mod so Errol can take a look and fix whatever Flummery is doing to bork the mod for C:R. Cheers!
Note: Wheels being an incorrect size is not an issue with porting from flummery, flummery scales C:R wheels for a normal size car, so big shit like planes have teeny weeny wheels, this needs changing per vehicle.

More fucking about with Flummery, C2 stuffs and C:R, easy few clicks and your shit is in C:R. Anyone struggling and need a tutorial, here you go:

https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk/2015/07/30/ ... carnation/

Created a proper one :D

> Open Minge to generate your CarMODgeddon folders
> Open Flummery
> File - Open - Carmageddon 2 - Actor (Car)/Race (Level)
> Tools -Process Car/Level for C:R
> File - Save as... - Carmageddon Reincarnation - Car/Level
> You need to save your car/level into it's own specific folder, for example Eagle 3 needs to be saved in it's own folder, titled EAGLE3.
> Go into the folder that you just saved your vehicle in and you'll see a bunch of files along with a .zad file
> Copy that .zad file into Carmageddon_Reincarnation/CarMODgeddon/Vehicles (or Levels depending on what you're porting)
> Open Minge again and you'll see your mod listed, click the check box then click save
> Load C:R in CarMODgeddon mode,
> Go into Freeplay, find your new shit and play it.

PLEASE NOTE: Flummery currently just exports basic shit, so proper full releases will need some sort of setup and everything currently is unwastable :D

Remember to keep your Flummery up-to-date as more options and optimisations for porting from C2 is being added pretty much daily.! :D

Here's some screenshots and shit:

[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Let's get porting! (C2>C:R tutorial)

Post by coffeycup »

When I get some free time I'll have to try this out! Is it possible to delete the original C2 driver model in Flummery or should we maybe get rid of it in PT2 first so there's not two drivers??

For levels I'm gonna guess there's no opponent paths yet?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@CoffeyCup: you can delete the original driver but then the C:R driver won't show either..! Up there in the screenshots, the C:R driver is spawn at the coords as the original driver because the latter's actor is precisely named 'driver'. So you can either keep the original and just rename it to something else to prevent the C:R driver from appearing, or you replace the original driver by a node named 'driver' in Flummery (you can move it in Flummery to adjust).

No idea about opponent paths.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

coffeycup wrote: For levels I'm gonna guess there's no opponent paths yet?
Correct, opponents do what they did in C2 with no paths, just sit at the start.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

coffeycup wrote:When I get some free time I'll have to try this out! Is it possible to delete the original C2 driver model in Flummery or should we maybe get rid of it in PT2 first so there's not two drivers??

For levels I'm gonna guess there's no opponent paths yet?
Next version of Flummery fixes the double driver issue and just keeps the C2 one.

No opponent paths yet but I'm pretty close to having those import automatically. Probably sometime in the next couple of versions
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

That's great news. I hope my comment was not taken the wrong way, I'm not very tactful. You've really made amazing progress!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Hehe, nope, not taken the wrong way at all.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

Brilliant, this is really amazing, soon as my Zody is finished I'm gonna port her over, can't wait.

Errol, you're a coding mega-hero!
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.

Check who’s online