Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flummery v0.3.8.9

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
farellfoxx
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by farellfoxx »

Errol wrote:I think the basic approach is to take an existing wheel and replace the rim.mdl with your new rim. Alex has created entirely new wheels (tyres and their punctured states too) so he is probably the best to give you the run down.

Sorry chap, I just write the tools!

Thanks anyways; you do great work here!

(My question was a bit general in direction. Anyone could have answered.)
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

FYI Errol I tried to import the "sun.CNT" to edit the RGB values to modify the sunlight myself. And when I tried to export it I got this.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cnwd1s&s=8#.VawZ2K3sZko

I tried importing each CNT file separately and of course the error I mentioned before showed up.

could I be doing something wrong here ?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

I'm slightly confused about the path it seems to be saving to.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol wrote:I'm slightly confused about the path it seems to be saving to.
sorry you lost me.

If you mean to my folder where I keep my mods that is just because I need to keep organized.

If you mean some kind of Windows based error might be getting in the way. please give me the exact directory you do your work in so we get the same results.

EDIT I made a folder c:test

Level name "test"

Pretty name "Pretty"

Race name "Race"

Steam directory c:\games\Steam

Same issue

Are you running Windows 10 preview ?

Its stopping at redtop material and st the bottom its at processing part 00000454

In the MT2 file of redtop line 6 row 50 is right before the equals sign "FileName(here)="redtop"/>" Removing the F for example gave me an unhandled exception error BEFORE that point where it seemed to fail . So that error didnt get a chance to show up.

adding an X in the middle of the texture name still had that error show up so I am assuming it failed at the "here" point or at wherever 0000454 is located.

What bugs the hell out of me is Trents Indutrialb map opens perfectly fine even after saving it as a newly renamed file. And so does multiple tests of other 3d files I made in Max.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol . If you cant find the problem that is OK.

I DID find a newer version of HarmAlarms scripts that imports it into max including textures. And saves the map fully textured.

I even opened up the ACT DAT MAT files and saved them as a new C2 map name. Then opened that one up and made a level out of it the same thing happened. Same error but at a different time.

Its got to be something misnamed in the actual file or textures. You probably wont find it.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

In all honesty I have no idea what you are doing or why it would be failing. I find it very difficult to follow along with what you are saying. Where did all the "line 6, row 50" stuff come from?

Also, I was confused about the path "C:\Users\Maxx\Documents" that appeared in your screenshot. I check my source and my name isn't embedded anywhere within the code, why would you be saving to my user directory?

What has Harms scripts got to do with anything? It loads and saves? Ok... but how does that help?

I am lost and I don't think I can help you.

My apologies. I was tired and grumpy and grumped at you like a complete jerk.

I have downloaded your Junkyard file and tried opening it myself and have discovered the issue... ampersands! Just removing them now to see how things go.

edit:

Yup, it is ampersands. This will be fixed in .3. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and my sincerest apologies for being a knob.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

starbuck wrote:Trents scripts needs a rocket scientist. :) Seriously I will try it once my headache goes away.

The m ost I ever got was it failed at "xmlDoc.load (folder+materialName+".MT2")" even though the names of all the files are in the base folder

Much like what Errol mentioned with Flummery, this is due to stupid & characters being used in as texture names in C2. The XML parse expects & to be followed by a sequence of characters and terminated with a ; as that is how special characters are defined in XML/HTML/etc. The use of & in things like filenames in the MT2 makes it a malformed XML document. You can fix this by replacing all the & characters materials with & and it will load in my tools, should load in Flummery and will load in the game. To make it easier for you, the materials which use & in their texture names are:

b&qbot.mt2

b&qbot2.mt2

b&qtop.mt2

magtop.mt2

malw2sid.mt2

malwal.mt2
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

"Where did all the "line 6, row 50" stuff come from" Umm the image of the error message that I sent you ?

Harms scripts were able to do what I really needed and get the C2 maps editable outside the game. Which is what I was looking for in the first place.

""C:\Users\Maxx\Documents"" now where did that come from ? my screenshot didnt have that ? Now I am lost :)

Yeah you are a knob but a useful knob , so I tolerate it. Just kidding. Seriously didnt notice you being difficult. If you didnt see it then that is usually me not explaining it well enough.

I am glad you found the solution. Even though it was the materials error. I figured that if one lone person was getting the error more people would be getting the error, since I might be one of the rare people actually messing with the maps.

Dont worry about you getting frustrated, I get that way consistently trying to get my thoughts out in the world where it is understandable by others. Hence the reason for all the editing of my posts even hours later.

Thanks Trent. Welcome back. Will look into it later.

One thing though "You can fix this by replacing all the & characters materials with &" You mean actually typing "&amp" ? Not understanding.
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

Yes, here is an example of b&qbot.mt2 originally when it was broken:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

And this is the fixed version:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Make the change for each of the materials i mentioned.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Thanks for the explanation Trent. I thought you had a typo.

EDIT Finally edited inside all those files the way you said and it worked. Thanks
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

OK Errol here goes hopefully a better writing.

I wanted to edit the color of the sun.

I opened up the Sun.CNT and changed some RGB parameters ans save it again as a sun.CNT over top of the old file. It crashed in Flummery.

I then opened the sun.light file and changed the parameters, and saved a new sun.CNT file and got this

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=156cuo2&s=8#.Va3_ma3sZko

So what am I doing wrong to make a new "sun" ?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Could be a bug, let me investigate.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol wrote:Could be a bug, let me investigate.
I probably should have said I deleted the old sun.CNT file then saved it as a new sun.CNT.

Signed "I hope I dont sound bitchy being your bug tester" No offense I didnt mean you write buggy software :)
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Haha, no offence taken! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I've spent the last 2 days up to my armpits in transformation matrices fixing both the Blender and Maya FBX imports. This is now complete! No more random rotations, yay! An added bonus if I've corrected the various viewport issues, fixed the co-ordinates not being correct AND added a fairly basic axis indicator. Definitely a tighter package now.

I've put a fix in place for the ampersand issue so you shan't need to worry about this in the future. I'll now take a look at this sun thing (and change the default sun colour and position as they're both shit) and then get v0.3.7.3 out of the door.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Speaking of coordinates.

Dont know how to word this right but would for example would coordinate 100, 200, 300 be the same position on the map in Flummery as it was in PT2 ?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Not in the version you're using but it should be in v0.3.7.3 going forward

I'll test and ensure this is the case before release.

Tested... and yes. The co-ordinates are identical between C2 assets in Flummery and C2 assets in Plaything. Obviously as soon as you process a C2 map or whatever for C:R this no longer holds true. The co-ords would be 6.9 times bigger in C:R and have the Z axis flipped.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Well I guess thats good.

Still working on race coordinates. Shouldnt be hard to pull out the calculator then. Thats if I can even find out how the naming of the maps work in the routes.txt file.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

v0.3.7.3 released!

Changelog:

* FBX Import: Imports from Blender and Maya should now be as close to correct as possible

* Details > Transforms: Improved the rotation panel. It is now less likely to get all confused!

* Viewport: Added axis indicators

* Viewport: Fixed co-ordinates

* Save as Level: Materials containing ampersands are now handled correctly

* Save as Level: Now creates a better sun

* Fixed an issue when saving sun.cnt

* Various minor UI improvements

FBX support is improving and imports from Maya and Blender should function as intended. When exporting from Blender please ensure you use these export settings:

starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Thanks Errol.

On a side note I waited to burn a DVD to make a backup of stuff. I got tired of waiting and made it yesterday afternoon. Damn ! :)

I got a major headache for a few days. Try it later.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

OK Errol. I think I may want to take this slow.

When I open the SUN.CNT file it opens up the whole map. So I cant find the "sun".

When I open up the sun.light file I can edit the "sun" in LIGHT COLOUR and save it as "sun.cnt". But when I do that it gives me..

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ToxicRagers.CarmageddonReincarnation.Formats.LIGHT.Save(BinaryWriter bw, LIGHT light) in c:\Users\Maxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ToxicRagers\ToxicRagers\CarmageddonReincarnation\Formats\crLIGHT.cs:line 340

at ToxicRagers.Stainless.Formats.CNT.Save(BinaryWriter bw, CNT cnt) in c:\Users\Maxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ToxicRagers\ToxicRagers\Stainless\Formats\sCNT.cs:line 309

so what am I doing wrong here. Havent tested anything else yet.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

And another sun related issue. Fantastic. It'll be fixed in v0.3.7.4
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol I may have an error the same as that "line 6 row 50 error" now in BOTH 3.7.2 and 3.7.3 even though 3.7.2 worked earlier.

EDIT. You wont believe this but after setting the preferences in Flummery to for example C:Program Files\Steam\ etc, I moved my Steam Directory to C:\Steam and did not change the preferences.

Now I updated Flummery and it worked fine. I hope to god that wasnt the reason before. :)
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

The Sun.CNT worked fine right now.It did not open the whole map like before. (this may be because I deleted the Flummery 2.7.2 folder before running Flummery.)

Opening Sun.CNT then editing the light settings then saving the file as sun.CNT did not change the parameters I edited though.

I did try to edit the parameters in sun.light but saving that as sun.cnt crashed the program like I said before.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.3

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Flummery starting to do wonders:
It's a direct quick and basic port from the C2 files.
Next Flummery version should let anyone port any C2 car to C:R in a couple of clicks (with a basic setup ofcourse).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

v0.3.7.4 released!

Changelog:

* FBX Import: Final axis flip no longer corrupts rotations

* Overview: Added a little homage to Plaything 2

* Save as Level: Now generates a functional post_process settings file. Greatly improving the default sun.

* Save as Vehicle: Fixed numerous perfomance problems in the default setup.lol file

* When saving a CNT any referenced files (such as lights) will also be saved

* Tools > Carmageddon 2 > Process for Carmageddon Reincarnation: Split into Level and Car versions

starbuck, this should finally solve your sun issues. It also improves the generated img files. Probably best to delete your map tests so far and start anew.
AlexTSK
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by AlexTSK »

This rotation fix is going to save me a ton of time, thanks very much for getting it working! :D
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Sorry it has taken so long... and for the issue solved in...

v0.3.7.5 released!

Changelog:

* CNT Export: Fixed a long-standing bug that has been malforming Z rotations

* Framing an object now correctly positions the camera
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nice work, Errol :)

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Toshiba-3 »

And 0.3.7.5 released!

(this took one minute to do, no tweaking, just direct Flummery output)
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

I have been really busy but dont worry I delete almost everything or zip it up as soon as I post it.

dont worry I will start over just to make sure I am giving you proper info nowadays. I even deleted it , start over and write it down each something goes wrong time to make sure its not something stupid that I am doing.

Thanks.

EDIT Now got the officlal Windows 10. It tells me the usual "do you want to run this file". Click YES. Then it wont run.

NEW EDIT Windows 10 will not let you runs some files if there is an update waiting, even if hidden. It starts now. Stupid Windows.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Normal Opening of Junkyard works fine and looks great in game

Errol opening sun.CNT and saving it again kept the settings.

BUT After making a CR map of junkyard and opening the sun.CNT file, then editing it just like before, then exporting overtop of the original sun.CNT file does something weird to the map.

The map now has only one texture on all the map models.

I edited the sun.CNT file under LIGHT COLOUR and resaved the file.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=66282705959967338832

Opening and editing the sun.LIGHT file and saving it as a sun.CNT file does the same thing with a different texture.

It could be that I am editing only a small portion of the "suns properties" settings and causing a conflict since I only edited the LIGHT COLOUR in one file and nothing else.

I noticed that if I edited the sun.LIGHT file and saved it as sun.SNT the sun.LIGHT file did not change.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Last things first... importing a light and saving it as a CNT will embed the light within the cnt as an embedded resource. I'll remove "import light" from the menu as currently there is no way to just save the light without embedding it in the CNT.

As to everything else, I'll investigate.

edit:

That zad you linked... you made that yourself? You've included both the IMG and the TDX files in the ZAD at the same time. C:R will attempt to use the TDX files (which don't work in CarMODgeddon mode) and you'll have issues. I just removed the TDX files myself and everything works as intended.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Yeah I zadded it up myself. Did not check to see that Flummery didnt include those files.

Of course it worked after removing the TXDs.

Thanks. Now onto car testing :)
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Harmalarm »

Wowy, that's impressive! How about setting up the handling? Is this similar to c2's handling setup?
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

So how far along is map making now? What works and what doesn't? Wouldn't mind making a map as well, been collecting ideas from the start.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker

Check who’s online