Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The cockpit view mod project

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
CWR
carcass

Re: The cockpit view mod project

Post by CWR »

I have a download attachment of a prototype Kutter cockpit made from Screwie near the bottom of the 2nd page of this thread (if these posts are numbered, my browser doesn't display them). Could you use that as a base for further mods, or does it not work on your machine?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

CWR wrote:I have a download attachment of a prototype Kutter cockpit made from Screwie near the bottom of the 2nd page of this thread (if these posts are numbered, my browser doesn't display them). Could you use that as a base for further mods, or does it not work on your machine?
Clicking the little 'document' icon in upper right corner of post will get you the URL

Here' the post with the attachment.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Until a certain company sends me a new machine and software I'm stuck on this ancient machine running the no longer supported WinXP and whatever decrepit version of IE (8, as it happens) is associated with that - so there's no document icon for me. Also means I haven't been able to play any of the pre-release, but I've been so busy that I haven't even gotten around to getting GOG C2 yet, so it's prolly just as well.
I was actually thinking of using the Hawk's cockpit for these 2 cars because it is also mid-engined (for the damage display) but it has a WHEEL instead of that joystick in Screwie's cockpit.
I'll drop by this thread if I have something to contribute, but it looks like I'll be pretty busy for the forseeable future. :techsupport:
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Minor issue with the Lead Pumper bonnet.

Repairing still leaves it like this.

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Toshiba-3 wrote: You loaded the FatCat's bonnet model but it goes all spaghetti's when it gets damage: it's because it is using CRUSH DATA from another model and the vertice IDs don't match etc. The third crush data in AGENTO.TXT must be set to be static.
That's what Toshiba3 wrote, and I was unable to figure out how to do it - it was never given more explanation than you see here. If you or somebody viewing this knows what this means, please feel free to fix this and post the fix here.

Sorry to not be more help :confused:
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Yeah, I noticed it's the same deal with the Stiffshifter (great job on the interior gfx on that one btw).

Sounds like the best solution (until someone comes up with a proper one) would be to do whatever Suppressor does with it's bonnet data, which AFAIK does not warp at all when receiving damage. At least then the car will still remain driveable in cockpit view.
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

I noticed that amidst all the "boolsheeit" (as described by Deep_Blue), there IS a third crush data entry. It's about three quarters down;

Code: Select all

------------------------------snip--------------------------------------
//=Œh^[=0xV2
0.069169, 0.002558, -0.103923
0.119169, 0.031852, -0.053923
0.250028, 0.041872, 0.087498
0.049972, 0.133891, 0.212502
-------------------------------snip------------------------------------
Is this the one I'm supposed to replace?
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Yest it is. Just replace 24 with 0 and remove all data till START OF MECHANICS STUFF...
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Thanks! I'm not good at this technical stuff that I have absolutely no past experience with.

:thumbsup:
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

CWR wrote:You still haven't said which program is giving you this message, or how it's worded, exactly.
I downloaded the hi-res Stiff shifter and it's cock pit, but it seems the files are corrupted, nothing will go out of zip folder, nor will it let me put it in Carma 1, or view TXT files!
Attachments
Here is problem example:
Here is problem example:
error.PNG (35.65 KiB) Viewed 7702 times
CARMAGEDDON 1 ALL DA WAY!

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I had explained more about the crush datas in that earlier post in this topic.
Just replace the third crush data with a static chunck as presented in that post.
[edit] ah, QTZ had already posted the links.

Alex, the uploaded zips are fine but Windows don't like them, try this one VVV
Attachments
SScockpit.zip
CWR's StiffShifter cockpit
(136.68 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Thank you!

what about hi-res stiffshifter? that file had same problem, almost every file had same prob, but Hi-res Cleaver

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

I know this is probably a bit late at this point, but I had the same problem as you, Alex.

Updating winrar fixed it for me.
Alex Self A 9
hit n run

Post by Alex Self A 9 »

Well, only problem is, I can't figure out how to update winrar, but still looking forward to getting the Hi-res stiffshifter.

PS, opened Hi-res cleaver, on the right side of some images, there are pink lines from transparency...

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAWWWW
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

For stable WinRAR look here in the middle of page.
Also you can use freeware 7zip instead, which can open 7z, zip and rar archives (can create 7z and zip).

ValHella Hi-res skin form this thread have vertical transparent line at right side on some textures.
This gap is added by Trixx tool to expand width size to be multiple of 4. This mean author made the textures in wrong size.

So when we making any graphics for C1 we need to remember to made it with width which equal multiple of 4 !

For cockpit images this is not critical, at least one of original cockpits have gap at right side (as far as I remember it's unused copy anyway). But for textures this may be visible as gaps on car (/track etc.) or/and textures may not fit correctly.

PS. Pink is 100% transparent in game, we can't see this color. I'm playing (testing) all the time with purple (pink) palette and newer saw pink in game (except for Open C1). Not tested with 3D execs.

Edit: Whole text revisited, sorry...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

So when we making any graphics for C1 we need to remember to made it with width which equal multiple of 4 !
Damnit... I feel like I'm becoming aware of this very fact only now... My last hires Leadpumper skin (from the iOS texture) sure has that problem then...
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online