Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flummery v0.3.8.9

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

v0.3.6.5

Fixed the NullBall. Now shows green, wireframe and through other messages.

Can load C1 car.txt files through File > Open. Don't worry about unencrypting them first either!

Material Editor now supports BMP files.

The Transform panel is now super awesome. Freeze has been enabled too.

Added "invert texture 'v' coordinates" to the Object menu.

FBX import: Blender exported FBXs now import perfectly. Not sure about everything else though.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Gravedrinker
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Gravedrinker »

Thanks Errol, looking forward to trying it out.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Unhandled exception error happen if Object>New>OK and Object>Remove>OK are selected while no project is loaded.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:Unhandled exception error happen if Object>New>OK and Object>Remove>OK are selected while no project is loaded.
Cheers, I'll raise an issue.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

I give up ... I do not know how to configure the axes :(

EDIT: with version 0.3.6.4 worked, but the X-axis was inverted ...

is now rotated in different directions, and if I try to rotate it explodes ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxt-hUWDTtoGY2FYSTdqanBfSEk/edit?usp=sharing
WIP....
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

hermit wrote:I give up ... I do not know how to configure the axes :(

EDIT: with version 0.3.6.4 worked, but the X-axis was inverted ...

is now rotated in different directions, and if I try to rotate it explodes ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxt-hUWDTtoGY2FYSTdqanBfSEk/edit?usp=sharing

:( Fix blender, break max. Sorry hermit, I'll get this fixed!
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

could you put a option that does not read the rotation and scale?

to have the values ​​reset after reading

edit : I noticed that the program behaves erratically if the decimal separator is a comma (,)
WIP....
Mad Max RW
motorised death

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mad Max RW »

Flummery loads all my materials perfectly with the latest release. Everything is there and looks beautiful. But now when I save a car, process materials and test in-game it still shows the vehicle only partially textured (primary body texture defaults to all black) and the scale is all wrong if it doesn't outright crash while loading a race. I'll try exporting through Blender later and see if things are a little more stable. Is anyone else using 3d studio max 2015? If so can you share your exact setup with me? I'm not familiar with Blender at all and would really prefer to stick with what I know.
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

I use 3d studio 2015

and at the moment I can not do anything :(
WIP....
Mad Max RW
motorised death

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mad Max RW »

Ok then we're not alone :) Whenever something doesn't work properly I blame myself first because in most cases I missed an obvious step. I think we're just going to have to be patient and wait for the tools to catch up. In the meantime I have several more vehicles minutes away from being converted into the game. I'll keep busy tightening those up and maybe post some renders later.
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

When you export the FBX from Max, make sure the unit conversion isn't rescaling the model. I think having it set to auto makes sure the units are scaled to 1. Also if you have scaled any meshes in 3DSMax, make sure you have gone to the utility panel and done Reset X-Form to remove scaling from the models transform as that could be causing the problem too, though you may need to redo the rotation on the pivots. If neither of those are the problem then it could be that the mesh is simply not modelled to the correct scale.

If textures are not showing correctly in the game then it's likely you haven't set up the materials correctly. Make sure the material names for the car don't have punctuation or any symbols in, it's best if they are just letters and numbers and make sure you use unique names for both the materials and the textures. If two textures have the same filename then the game will only load one of them.

If the car always crashes the game on load then it's likely because the Structure.xml is incorrect. If the game only crashes sometimes then it could be that you're missing the Driver node.

None of those problems are inherent to exporting from 3DSMax. The only time exporting from 3DSMax instead of another problem could be an issue is if Flummery has a problem loading the FBX. Anything else, especially bugs with the model in the game such as incorrect textures or crashing, is certainly due to the car (or level) not being set up correctly.
a.k.a. Brent
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Once again I'll state that it's much easier for me to diagnose problems if you supply me with the things causing the problem.

Hermit, I notice I have some files from you. I'll get these looked at right now.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

hermit, I'm not allowed to see either of those images.
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

Sorry :(

damn google :(

3d studio (2015)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/kco0gk.jpg

Flummery
http://oi61.tinypic.com/f3cch2.jpg
WIP....
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

The axises between 3DSMax and Flummery are completely different anyway which compounds the issue. Cheers for the mesh though, that'll be super useful for testing.

As to your box car, I've almost finished fixing it up and I'll pass it back to you either this evening or tomorrow. I apologise for taking so long on it.
shane
Stainless

Re: Flummery v0.0.3.4

Post by shane »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Are you sure Stainless won't just subcontract modding tools to you and rename Flummery into Acolyte or something? :slol:
This is getting better and better.

lol, it is coming along very nicely and looking impressive!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Mad Max RW
motorised death

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mad Max RW »

I had time for a quick test and I did fuck up the material file names with an underscore in the main body texture. I'm not sure when I imported/exported the auto scaling but that problem appears solved. The driver node was always there. Now my issue is the same as hermit's with the axis rolling all over the place. Trying to fix it in Flummery is like plate spinning. I'll try putting flummery and 3dsmax side by side and compensating for the shift in max and export again.
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

When you say "axis rolling all over the place" do you mean when it's in the game the car rolls over onto it's side in continuously? If so then that's a problem with the left and right wheels being the wrong way around. Swap the names around for left and right and that would fix the problem.

If you just mean the axis isn't the same, then as Errol mentioned the axis is just different between Max and C:R, here's how they compare:

Max Axis -> C:R Axis
X -X
Y -Z
Z Y
I'm not sure but I think Flummery's axis also slightly different to C:R too, so it's a two stage axis conversion going on.
a.k.a. Brent
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

There's also a bug in the FBX import code in 0.3.6.5, it's fixed for Max in my local version but broken once again for Blender. I've really had enough of all this.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mad Max RW »

Trent wrote:
If you just mean the axis isn't the same, then as Errol mentioned the axis is just different between Max and C:R, here's how they compare:

Max Axis -> C:R Axis
X -X
Y -Z
Z Y

I'm not sure but I think Flummery's axis also slightly different to C:R too, so it's a two stage axis conversion going on.

This is what's screwing me. Trying to position everything correctly early in the morning is the worst kind of frustration.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Tell me about it. You just have to work out one though. I've got to handle every possible input being converted to the appropriate output AND THEN change from a right-handed co-ordinate system into a left which basically involves inverting along Z and flipping the winding order.
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

if only I have the problems of the axis, do not go crazy ...

I will wait for the official SDK
WIP....
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Uh, k.

It's not just you, it's anyone using 3dsmax. It has been fixed and will be rolled out in the next version of Flummery but the fix has had side-effects, this is the nature of the beast. If you'd rather wait for Acolyte then feel free. Trent's 3dsMax scripts will be along soon too and they'll meet your needs as well.

I guess I'm coming across as grumpy, this is mostly as I'm dropping every spare minute I have into Flummery and it's not going anywhere, just spinning round and round FBX importing. I've got massive plans for interactive structure.xml configuration and fancy things like that which I just can't get to until I finish this seemingly endless succession of fixes for what has to be the most convoluted, retarded format ever inflicted upon the face of this planet.

Yeah, fuck FBX :|
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

Errol wrote: If you'd rather wait for Acolyte then feel free.
was not to offend your work.

I hope not to be misunderstood.

is that I do not want to waste your time

other people have managed to create a car, so do not think that they have found all my problems.

(sorry for my english)
WIP....
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

hermit wrote:
other people have managed to create a car, so do not think that they have found all my problems.
Well that's the thing, the only person who has released any mods made from scratch using 3DSMax is me, and only Suspension Test used Flummery (that was back when Errol first implemented FBX and I ended up doing it piece by piece with lots of manual hex editing of files and hacks to get it working), while the hover countslash and hover eagle mods were made using my MaxScript tools and never touched Flummery. Everyone else who has released mods (FatCat, Hex1gon and Gravedrinker) use Blender so they wouldn't have the same problems as you've had.

Hopefully I should be able to get my MaxScript ready for a first release soon, I've just about finished rebuilding the export routine I just have an issue with triangles being saved back to front. I've also got a few other things to sort out for the first basic release but it shouldn't be too much longer.
a.k.a. Brent
hermit
driver

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by hermit »

I found the main errors I had (ignoring the problems related to the axes):

- Flummery sepratore the decimal Windows, but it should always use the point (10,000.00) .In many countries the comma is used (10,000.00)

- If the wheel points are attached directly to the main body of the game crashes
WIP....
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

The wheels being attached to the main body isn't a flummery problem, it's due to how the game handles the wheels.

The wheels rotate around the origin of their parent, so having them attached directly to the main body will cause them to spazz out. Also the point of suspension and point of steering properties for each wheel need to be in their parent, not in the wheel nods themselves otherwise they won't work correctly. In cars as detailed as the official cars this isn't a problem as usually there is a wheel hub they're are attached to, but if it's a basic car with just the body and wheels you need to have a null node in the same position as each wheel which the wheels at attached to.
a.k.a. Brent
QTZ
hit n run

Re: Flummery v0.3.6.4

Post by QTZ »

Latest version is step back for me... I don't know what's wrong on my PC, but it crash at start as first versions... previously was possible to import C1 model, but pressing keys doesn't do anything, crash on some options. I don't have C2 or CR installed - only various C1, my win is XP with .NET 4.0 with many updates (4.5 is not possible to install on XP).
KakkaHousu
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by KakkaHousu »

From Bugbear forum.

Errol wrote:
Jori Virtanen wrote:
There are no official tools at this point, just what people can scrounge up. We're not sure what kind of modding support we'll end up including, but we're aiming for robust modability. We love mods, and we sure don't want to make things hard for y'all.

So, for now, do what you will with whatever you can find, but don't mod anything that affects multiplayer. That's the only rule at this point -- no cheating in online games :)

Fantastic, cheers! I'll release a little tool for converting to and from bmap files in the next day or two and only add things to Flummery once I've worked out the model formats.

Errol plans to ad Wreckfest support! Flummery is going to be best modding tool in universe!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Sssshhhh. It was supposed to be a secret!
KakkaHousu
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by KakkaHousu »

Sorry didn't know, feel free to censor my post.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Heh, don't worry, my post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by MrDeviance »

Hah. Now this is interesting. If you could actually get flummery to cross import/export cars from Wreckfest into Carmageddon Reincarnation and vice versa(ESPCIALLY VICE VERSA), I would love to move all of the reincarantion cars into wreckfest and have fun with them in that much better looking and more optimized game engine.

But I am sure that will only remain a dream.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Well, we'll find out soon enough. I'm poking at the Wreckfest models today.

Check who’s online